Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Re: Ruben Fosters Dad arrested

Far too many kids, whether they are highly recruited athletes or not, live with secrets that would make most of us shudder. I feel sure that when Reuben gets to Tuscaloosa, he'll have plenty of support. I hope that between now and May, he does as well. Kids, even at the high school level, can be cruel.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride--and never quit--you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards." Coach Paul Bryant

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

What I was thinking. Ol Verne will have a field day with this one.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

This is about as sad a story as I have heard. His tweets were heartbreaking. I hope he finds peace with this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tmv85 View Post
    Far too many kids, whether they are highly recruited athletes or not, live with secrets that would make most of us shudder. I feel sure that when Reuben gets to Tuscaloosa, he'll have plenty of support. I hope that between now and May, he does as well. Kids, even at the high school level, can be cruel.
    I seriously doubt anyone is cruel to a person the size of Reuben

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

This story breaks my heart. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers to Reuben and his mom. Having to relive this all over again can't be easy.

BamaNation Second Team mhiggy45's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Did his mother survive? She must have or they would have caught him by now. So sad.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    Wonder what the over/under will be for how many times Musberger or Verne mentions this during BAMA games they call. My guess is 5.
    This isn't the kind of story that announcers bring up and rightfully so.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

We all have our stories. Some of us have more than others. Hopefully, Foster can find away to use his to help make him a stronger man of character than this father obviously is.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post
    This isn't the kind of story that announcers bring up and rightfully so.
    Wanna make a bet? They repeatedly brought up that Mark Ingram's father was in prison and what he had done. Ingram's father didn't murder anyone, but they made sure everyone knew he was in prison.
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I seriously doubt anyone is cruel to a person the size of Reuben
    Unfortunately, these days, there is no shortage of "internet tough guys" who have no difficulty being cruel from their keyboards - cloaked in anonymity...

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Unfortunately, these days, there is no shortage of "internet tough guys" who have no difficulty being cruel from their keyboards - cloaked in anonymity...
    Exactly. And the under-the-breath comments as a kid walks down the hall don't stop just because of size.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride--and never quit--you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards." Coach Paul Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Here is another write up on the story with some focus on Ruben I found interesting at the end...
    http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...-foster-020813

Before finalizing his decision, Foster got Auburn's logo tattooed on his right forearm. He added the name of cousin Ladarious Phillips above it. Phillips, a former Auburn player, was killed in a shooting last June.

Foster took to Twitter Wednesday to apologize for acting like ''the brat I was'' at times. Alabama coach Nick Saban said Foster ''felt bad in some ways by the way he handled his recruiting,'' but that he thought Foster has learned lessons from the experience about trying to ''please everyone.''
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Reuben Fosters Dad arrested

It's just sad kids growing up without both a mother and father there to lead, guide, and provide a good foundation and direction for them as they grow and mature. It's tough enough even when you have good parents: both mother and father there to provide the things that our youth needs.

No child should enter school without some basics already being there: knowing your letters, how to count, how to read, how to be respectful to adults and all other people, etc. This can be a COLD and CRUEL world for many of our kids growing up.

For too many there is only a grandmother, an aunt or someone else who do their best to provide guidance, nourishment, a roof over their heads, etc. for some of our youth. Thank God for these caring single moms, grandmothers, aunts, etc.

Many fathers need to get their act together or keep their zippers zipped up before they become fathers. When you unzip, you are assuming a lot of responsibility as a humane person.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry