Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation All-American tidefanbeezer's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Reuben Fosters Dad arrested

I wonder if the TV announcers will treat this like they treated Ingram's dad, bringing it up in almost every game. The kid has had a hard enough time. I hope they concentrate on his game and not on his dad being in jail. That always made me mad when they would bring up Ingram's dad.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Th elder Ingram is a public figure in his own right. Not as famous a running back as Emmit Smith, but many football fans had probably at least heard of him, so mentioning his troubles was somewhat newsworthy.We'll see how the foster saga plays out in the media, hopefully if foster does want wish to discuss it, the media will respect his wishes, including football announcers.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Let's be honest, Verne will have a hard enough time keeping Reuben and Robert Foster straight. I am sure Robert will make some great tackles and Robert's dad will be brought up from time to time. When I saw Reuben's LOI come across and we already had Robert's I immediately thought of Verne and the problems this will cause him. You add this type of story to the issue of names and Verne will get fried on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatMarch View Post
    Let's be honest, Verne will have a hard enough time keeping Reuben and Robert Foster straight. I am sure Robert will make some great tackles and Robert's dad will be brought up from time to time. When I saw Reuben's LOI come across and we already had Robert's I immediately thought of Verne and the problems this will cause him. You add this type of story to the issue of names and Verne will get fried on this board.
    Actually Cecil had a tweet on this almost as soon as Reuben signed. He predicted that Verne would bring it up on Robert Foster's first reception. It'll probably be to the effect it's being amazing that he still run that fast after being shot at such a young age...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Actually Cecil had a tweet on this almost as soon as Reuben signed. He predicted that Verne would bring it up on Robert Foster's first reception. It'll probably be to the effect it's being amazing that he still run that fast after being shot at such a young age...
    Just imagine if Reuben and Robert are on special teams together. No telling which one would actually make the tackle.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    You can bank on this like death and taxes...

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Just imagine if Reuben and Robert are on special teams together. No telling which one would actually make the tackle.
    Reuben Roberts, perhaps, or Randy Foster.
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Re: Ruben Fosters Dad arrested

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahDare View Post
    We all have our stories. Some of us have more than others. .
    Word.
    RIP Hub

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Ruben Fosters Dad arrested

I was thinking more of the fact that he was a small child that came very close to dying at the hands of his own father. There must be a greater plan for this young man for him to still be on earth. I am hoping that his time in Tuscaloosa is a great stepping stone to finding and fulfilling that purpose. Amazing!