Reuben Fosters Dad arrested

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Re: Ruben Fosters Dad arrested

We all have our stories. Some of us have more than others. Hopefully, Foster can find away to use his to help make him a stronger man of character than this father obviously is.

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida

This isn't the kind of story that announcers bring up and rightfully so.
Wanna make a bet? They repeatedly brought up that Mark Ingram's father was in prison and what he had done. Ingram's father didn't murder anyone, but they made sure everyone knew he was in prison.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

I seriously doubt anyone is cruel to a person the size of Reuben
Unfortunately, these days, there is no shortage of "internet tough guys" who have no difficulty being cruel from their keyboards - cloaked in anonymity...

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

Here is another write up on the story with some focus on Ruben I found interesting at the end...
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...ather-of-alabama-recruit-reuben-foster-020813

Before finalizing his decision, Foster got Auburn's logo tattooed on his right forearm. He added the name of cousin Ladarious Phillips above it. Phillips, a former Auburn player, was killed in a shooting last June.

Foster took to Twitter Wednesday to apologize for acting like ''the brat I was'' at times. Alabama coach Nick Saban said Foster ''felt bad in some ways by the way he handled his recruiting,'' but that he thought Foster has learned lessons from the experience about trying to ''please everyone.''

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
It's just sad kids growing up without both a mother and father there to lead, guide, and provide a good foundation and direction for them as they grow and mature. It's tough enough even when you have good parents: both mother and father there to provide the things that our youth needs.

No child should enter school without some basics already being there: knowing your letters, how to count, how to read, how to be respectful to adults and all other people, etc. This can be a COLD and CRUEL world for many of our kids growing up.

For too many there is only a grandmother, an aunt or someone else who do their best to provide guidance, nourishment, a roof over their heads, etc. for some of our youth. Thank God for these caring single moms, grandmothers, aunts, etc.

Many fathers need to get their act together or keep their zippers zipped up before they become fathers. When you unzip, you are assuming a lot of responsibility as a humane person.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I wonder if the TV announcers will treat this like they treated Ingram's dad, bringing it up in almost every game. The kid has had a hard enough time. I hope they concentrate on his game and not on his dad being in jail. That always made me mad when they would bring up Ingram's dad.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Th elder Ingram is a public figure in his own right. Not as famous a running back as Emmit Smith, but many football fans had probably at least heard of him, so mentioning his troubles was somewhat newsworthy.We'll see how the foster saga plays out in the media, hopefully if foster does want wish to discuss it, the media will respect his wishes, including football announcers.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Let's be honest, Verne will have a hard enough time keeping Reuben and Robert Foster straight. I am sure Robert will make some great tackles and Robert's dad will be brought up from time to time. When I saw Reuben's LOI come across and we already had Robert's I immediately thought of Verne and the problems this will cause him. You add this type of story to the issue of names and Verne will get fried on this board.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Let's be honest, Verne will have a hard enough time keeping Reuben and Robert Foster straight. I am sure Robert will make some great tackles and Robert's dad will be brought up from time to time. When I saw Reuben's LOI come across and we already had Robert's I immediately thought of Verne and the problems this will cause him. You add this type of story to the issue of names and Verne will get fried on this board.
Actually Cecil had a tweet on this almost as soon as Reuben signed. He predicted that Verne would bring it up on Robert Foster's first reception. It'll probably be to the effect it's being amazing that he still run that fast after being shot at such a young age... :rolleye2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Actually Cecil had a tweet on this almost as soon as Reuben signed. He predicted that Verne would bring it up on Robert Foster's first reception. It'll probably be to the effect it's being amazing that he still run that fast after being shot at such a young age... :rolleye2:
Just imagine if Reuben and Robert are on special teams together. No telling which one would actually make the tackle. :D

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
You can bank on this like death and taxes...

Lil Bama Lady

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 31, 2006
Heflin, Alabama, United States

I was thinking more of the fact that he was a small child that came very close to dying at the hands of his own father. There must be a greater plan for this young man for him to still be on earth. I am hoping that his time in Tuscaloosa is a great stepping stone to finding and fulfilling that purpose. Amazing!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.