Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good article on Tenpenny

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team AgentAntiOrange's Avatar
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

Re: Good article on Tenpenny

And that’s the problem. A program perpetually flirting with contender status needs bigger, faster and better players to finally break through to the top and become a perennial power. Yet those players, like Tenpenny, are already going to programs that broke through long ago. For schools like Arkansas, it’s a Catch-22 that somehow, some way, must be solved one flip at a time.
    It appears, however, it will not begin with the flipping of North Little Rock’s #22, Altee Tenpenny. On Wednesday morning, Feb. 6, he announced he would honor his earlier commitment and signed a letter of intent to play football for Alabama.
    Sense of failure and dejection? Check.
    Resigned to the fact that you can't beat Alabama at anything? Check.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Be Good Or Be Gone

“I just put them on the coffee table for recruits to look at”
    -Coach Saban when asked if he wears his championship rings.

'Im sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football.
    -Andy Stiles, Sports Illustrated, after the 42-14 beat down of ND

That is a great piece. Tremendous job by the writer.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Long article, but worth the read. Sounds like Bama has picked up another solid kid with good family support. Liked this excerpt concerning his Mom's perspective on recruiting:

"His mother does not suffer fools. She is looking for a head coach who will treat Altee “not like a product, but as a person,” she said. The coach, she said, needs to “meet the demands of the total person, not just football. Football is his extra,” and “If you come to me with football first, that kind of deters me because that’s not what I’m sending him there for. That’s what got him there, but my thing is his education. I want him to come out with a degree because there needs to be a Plan B.”

I think Mama got her wish......Roll Tide!
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

BamaNation First Team

The following redacted excerpt explains, I think, why the "excess of running back scholarships" is nothing of the sort. CNS understands the desired outcome and recruits accordingly, to the benefit of both the team and the individual. Genius is the art of reducing the complicated to the simple. CNS has done this with running back recruiting.

"The potent running game that has led Alabama to three of the last four national championships operates on a simple premise: NFL running backs tend to have short shelf lives...Mileage saved on the body in college can result in a potentially longer pro career and more money down the line, and Alabama coaches use the argument to convince superstar prep tailbacks that sitting on the pine for a season or two is actually in their best interest...Most ‘Bama backs qualify as a "low-mileage back,” a term Sports Illustrated’s Andy Staples noted has crept into NFL draftniks' vocabulary. “It's not an insult,” wrote Staples. “It means a back has taken fewer hits at lower levels and therefore might have a longer career in the NFL.”

BamaNation Second Team

Nice article. Thanks for posting!

My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Yes quite good and long. Liked this quote "According to Tenpenny, Bielema and Thomas never mentioned Alabama. Instead, they emphasized the same Arkansas selling points they’d made before." That I can respect hope he sticks to that.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I read it to the bitter end, but I almost bailed when I was referred to as an "Alabaman".

Here's another interesting observation from the writer:

...what has historically separated Arkansas from SEC powerhouse programs isn’t so much a lack of offensive playmakers as a lack of dominant linemen – especially on defense.
    The Concord Blue Devils, 16-Time World Champions: 2014 (99.65), 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, & 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Good article on Tenpenny

Good piece and I agree on the Alabaman!

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE!

I know this is lame but Derrick Henry and Altee TenPenny. We can call them Hammer and Nail!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Good article on Tenpenny

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotatider View Post
    I know this is lame but Derrick Henry and Altee TenPenny. We can call them Hammer and Nail!
    Lol Moose and Squirrel!

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation First Team GA Bamafan's Avatar

Thanks for posting DRLizard. A very good read!

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by ccc2259 View Post
    Long article, but worth the read. Sounds like Bama has picked up another solid kid with good family support. Liked this excerpt concerning his Mom's perspective on recruiting:

"His mother does not suffer fools. She is looking for a head coach who will treat Altee “not like a product, but as a person,” she said. The coach, she said, needs to “meet the demands of the total person, not just football. Football is his extra,” and “If you come to me with football first, that kind of deters me because that’s not what I’m sending him there for. That’s what got him there, but my thing is his education. I want him to come out with a degree because there needs to be a Plan B.”

I think Mama got her wish......Roll Tide!
    Need MORE mama's like this!!!