More issues at USC. Kiffin fires OC a day after signing day

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
As an Alabama fan, I can't help but like Kiffin in a sort of thanks-for-doing-your-part-in-wrecking-Tennesse sort of way. Cheers, Kiffy!!

He is a douche, though.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
When I was visiting the family back in California last summer, all I heard from my brother (USC grad) was how Kiffin was going to show everyone up, especially Alabama since when he was at Tennessee, he had lesser talent and almost beat Alabama. After the USC-Oregon game earlier this year, he had changed his tone. After the UCLA game, he's wanted him fired.

My dad has been hearing that Kiffin basically has one more season before Haden lets him go. After all, Haden didn't hire Kiffin, and there has been scuttlebutt that Haden hasn't been happy with the overall product Kiffin is producing on the field.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Pat Haden is not going to get rid of Kiffen until after the schollie reductions unless he has a really top coach waiting in the wings.
You are correct!

Pat Haden is using Kiffin to stock the cupboard with talent for the next coach.

It's about time that someone finally takes advantage of him! :cool:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I am convinced that he, Orgeron, et al were hired in order to keep their mouths shut, and Haden's hands are tied. U$C football program would be shut down if that bunch had been left in Knoxville, free to tell all.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
"Not only did we lose the best coach, we lost the only Trojan who was on staff. Real sad day," fullback Soma Vainuku posted on Twitter.
Without any Trojans on the staff, they will likely see their team trouble and discontent multiply like a bunch of rabbits.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
What's sad about the whole situation is the fact UCLA isn't capitalizing & becoming the dominant program while they have the chance too..They have a golden opportunity while USC is down & the NCAA sanctions are kicking in..
UCLA is getting there. Mora is did a good job in his 1st year and they just got a top 10 recruiting class (or close to top 10), beat SC and went to the Pac 12 championship game. They will be taking over LA.

tru2bama

Scout Team
Sep 19, 2004
Birmimgham, AL
What's sad about the whole situation is the fact UCLA isn't capitalizing & becoming the dominant program while they have the chance too..They have a golden opportunity while USC is down & the NCAA sanctions are kicking in..
Not to hijack the thread but I was always SO grateful that Auburn was satisfied in just winning six in a row without making any real strides to really dominate the conference. Even in those years of their so called "dominance" I NEVER thought they had a real huge advantage over us. Contrast that to what Bama has done now that we have the upper hand.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
I still believe the only reason Lane was hired at USC is because they knew what was coming down the pipe. They also knew he was a large part of their problems and wanted him to be the one who suffered those consequences.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.