Four Bama football players arrested, are dismissed from team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

Stupid is as stupid does. I find nothing sad about this. If you can't engage your brain regarding right & wrong, you deserve to get caught and have to pay the consequences. I hope CNS deals with them justly and swiftly and we can all move along. Hope these young men can learn from this and move along in their lives the correct way - just not in our program.
Right. There is ONLY ONE thing that is sad about this. And that is the two victims who apparently were unjustly attacked and beaten by a mob crew of three players. These students likely weren't privey to the same luxuries these players had in regard to their scholarships. Makes me sick and I hope the law punishes them to the fullest extent. I have reserved my judgement but seeing their admittance to these charges... No holding back.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

I don't care what training I've been through. DJ Pettway and Tyler Hayes would steam roll me unless I got the jump on them with a lethal weapon. These students had no chance against those guys I imagine. It's just wrong to beat people without provocation who weren't your physical equal. That is as much of a problem to me about their character as the act card.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006

Right. There is ONLY ONE thing that is sad about this. And that is the two victims who apparently were unjustly attacked and beaten by a mob crew of three players. These students likely weren't privey to the same luxuries these players had in regard to their scholarships. Makes me sick and I hope the law punishes them to the fullest extent. I have reserved my judgement but seeing their admittance to these charges... No holding back.
The other sad thing is that these thugs took scholarships that could've otherwise gone to decent young men.

BamaRevT

1st Team
Apr 10, 2002
Fayetteville, Tn.

Hopefully and prayerfully those who were assaulted by these thugs will be ok. It's beyond me how these players who have been given the opportunity to put on the Alabama uniform would do such things. There are plenty of players who would cherish the opportunities that these have had, and have with all indications thrown their opportunity out the door.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

The reaction from some of the bama players on twitter makes me just as sad and embarrassed as the original incident.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Williams with this admission and a known gun violation is going to have a very difficult experience in the judicial system in the coming weeks.

MrRourke

Suspended
Jan 24, 2013

I am not sad persay for those involved, but there are few things as sad to me in life as wasted opportunities.

As the saying goes, Youth is wasted on the young.

Time for a visit from Dr. Elko methinks

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

Care to elaborate for those if us not on Twitter?
Nothing too crazy, lots of no matter what I'm with my dogs, don't rush to judgment, you don't know us etc. Kurt Freitag has taken to blasting me with insults over the situation. No matter what they want to say they probably shouldn't speak on this issue.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

I think Saban should have a press conference within the next few hours announcing the dismissal of these guys.
Is Coach actually on vacation? If I were him I would be highly upset! I'm sure he is! These guys make the program look bad. We don't need thugs on
the team. What could be going on in their minds/brains?

Did Williams think after the Sunday thing, "that I'm gone anyway so might as well make it worth it and screw up big time."

I don't think they will be in Coach Saban's "doghouse"! Looks they will end up in the out-house. This is embarrassing for the program.

This is much worse than Te'o's invisible girlfriend and much more embarrassing.

If they are not in jail, call mommas and daddies and have them picked up unless they are not allowed to leave Tuscaloosa. Will they be permitted to attend classes?

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

The reaction from some of the bama players on twitter makes me just as sad and embarrassed as the original incident.
I must be one of the last two remaining humans without a twitter account. I wonder what CNS will say when he reads the tweets -are they actually defending the other players? These kids need social skill training not social media...

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Did someone (this thread starter) know something about this when he/she actually started this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.