Four Bama football players arrested, are dismissed from team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Bama Lady

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 31, 2006
Heflin, Alabama, United States
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

@Chase Goodbread "In fact, 20 minutes of digging for an indefinite suspension under Saban who made it out of the woods, I can't even find one."

Also looks like the other player's twitter feeds are quiet about it. Saban's doings probably.

Last edited:

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

Stupid. Stupid, Stupid. If you just do what you are supposed to do in Coach Saban's system, you'll have a very good chance of going pro and making real money. DJ is also related to BB coach Antoine. They all knew better, but chose to assault another student just to get a few bucks and a laptop.

Kick them all off for being idiots. I don't want these kind of kids at Alabama. Period.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Now that a few more facts are known, it looks really,really bad.
2nd Degree Assault and Strong arm Robbery of a fellow student. (Admission/Confession)
Beating the victim unconscious. (Admission/Confession)
Theft of property. (Admission/Confession)
Use of a known stolen card. (Admission/Confession)
AND...
Making a statement (Admission/Confession) to the Police pretty much
wraps up this case.

Even a great lawyer for their Defense will have to clear the hurdle of their Statement/confessions.

IMO: They have to go...
I expect Coach Saban to reach a similar conclusion. HE DID...
Difference is he will have even more facts than we know.

(Calloway's admission/confession, that he knowingly used a stolen card
is still an admission of committing a crime....)
The first line of the Miranda Warning sez 'You have the Right to Remain Silent'.
Our 4 somehow missed that... ;)
IMO: The admissions of guilt by all will be a part of the Criminal Complaint.

What can I say except that it's a shame and a disgrace.
I can just hear Vern and Gary doing the first broadcast of 2013...

ADDITION:

* Coach Saban took care of the problem while I was mulling over what I wanted to say.
I was right. Coach Saban did what he had to do. Good for him.

Last edited:

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999

Intellectually-challenged, bovine-admiring, obnoxious Barn co-worker just told me...

"We'll, there goes y'all's season."
He'd love to think so.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

2nd Degree Assault and Strong arm Robbery of a fellow student. (Admission/Confession)
AND...
wraps up this case.

Even a great lawyer for their Defense will have to clear the hurdle of their Statement/confessions.

I expect Coach Saban to reach a similar conclusion.

The first line of the Miranda Warning sez 'You have the Right to Remain Silent'.

Yep, looks like the only hope for the legal defense is that the TPD royally screwed up the Miranda warning.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

I'll continue to reserve a degree of judment in the criminal context (though not that there should be much reserved when, as here, you have three separate admissions from three of the four co-defendants), but there's no use beating around the bush here with the obvious: The UA playing careers of Eddie Williams, D.J. Pettway, and Tyler Hayes are over, and for Brent Calloway it will probably take a camel-through-the-eye-of-a-needle scenario for him to return.

And at the risk of sounding like Nancy Grace, I really have no sympathy for them. They had golden opportunities and threw it all away. I just hope that the victims can get back to normal, that they find some justice, and that whatever punishment is doled out to these guys serves as some degree of deterrent such that some of these types of crimes can be avoided entirely in the future.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Guys/Gals,

It looks like it has calmed down but just to remind some. Please do not let this thread turn into an ignorant sparring match.

Last edited:

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA

I'll continue to reserve a degree of judment in the criminal context (though not that there should be much reserved when, as here, you have three separate admissions from three of the four co-defendants), but there's no use beating around the bush here with the obvious: The UA playing careers of Eddie Williams, D.J. Pettway, and Tyler Hayes are over, and for Brent Calloway it will probably take a camel-through-the-eye-of-a-needle scenario for him to return.

And at the risk of sounding like Nancy Grace, I really have no sympathy for them. They had golden opportunities and threw it all away. I just hope that the victims can get back to normal, that they find some justice, and that whatever punishment is doled out to these guys serves as some degree of deterrent such that some of these types of crimes can be avoided entirely in the future.
Agreed, and I further think DJ Pettway had the possibility of a great NFL career if he could have gotten his stuff together. Sad.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Yeah could have easily said: CNS > than all living coaches!

He'll navigate these stormy seas no doubt and any other leftover issues will be toss out of the program or thrown up in good citizen awareness training at pre-dawn sessions!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

One thing which appears to be totally missed in regarding this as a "mistake in judgment." They beat this student into unconsciousness. That's a third degree concussion with the possibility of permanent brain damage. That is a crime of rage. You don't have to do that to take a backpack from someone smaller and weaker (I'm assuming they picked a target who wasn't 6'6", 300 lb.) It's a like a criminal investigation where, for example, a wife is found dead with 12 bullet holes. The investigation immediately turns to the inlaws, rather than the outlaws. Somebody mentioned drunk or stoned. That makes all kinds of sense. There's so much irrational about these events, it's no ordinary robbery. I'm presuming Williams firearm was confiscated Sunday. Thank God for small favors...

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

AND...
wraps up this case.

I expect Coach Saban to reach a similar conclusion.

What are they going to talk about first? Someone said on another thread that they would talk about a recruit's father. So, lets see who they talk about first. We sure are giving them something to talk about between TD's when they really need to stick to The Game.

You said, "Even a great lawyer for their Defense will have to clear the hurdle of their Statement/confessions." I could never have been a lawyer defending people. Defense lawyers don't try to get at the TRUTH. They try to get their clients off. I think the TRUTH is much more important! The Truth leads to true JUSTICE! I do appreciate these guys admitting their transgressions. The TRUTH may set you free, but it won't keep you on The Team.

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA

Yeah could have easily said: CNS > than all living coaches!

He'll navigate these stormy seas no doubt and any other leftover issues will be toss out of the program or thrown up in good citizen awareness training at pre-dawn sessions!
I have a feeling CNS is taking this as hard as many others close to these young men. He really prides himself on building character in his players, and something like this is just a punch in the gut.

I can guarantee it won't happen to any other players on campus right now after CNS is done making his point to the others.

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA

[/B]
What are they going to talk about first? Someone said on another thread that they would talk about a recruit's father. So, lets see who they talk about first. We sure are giving them something to talk about between TD's when they really need to stick to The Game.

You said, "Even a great lawyer for their Defense will have to clear the hurdle of their Statement/confessions." I could never have been a lawyer defending people. Defense lawyers don't try to get at the TRUTH. They try to get their clients off. I think the TRUTH is much more important! The Truth leads to true JUSTICE! I do appreciate these guys admitting their transgressions. The TRUTH may set you free, but it won't keep you on The Team.
To me, those clearly perpretating and conspiring in the robberies need to be gone from campus regardless of the result of the legal proceedings. There is no place for violent criminals on the campus of an institute for higher learning. It would send the wrong message to current and prospective students and their parents.

Even thinking about the legal side, the liability faced by universities for not taking swift and decisive action against individuals like these players is not the same as it was before the Va. Tech massacre. Universities must err on the side of caution. If one of them were to try this again and the kid died, I shudder to think of the fallout.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

Something makes me think this is only the tip of the iceberg with Eddie Williams.

Arrested twice over the course of 2 days? And he was a fine upstanding citizen before then? Something precipitated these events. Surely he didn't just wake up on Sunday morning and decide to go on a crime spree. I'm not sure about the other guys, but there's got to be more Williams' story.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

I have a feeling CNS is taking this as hard as many others close to these young men. He really prides himself on building character in his players, and something like this is just a punch in the gut.

I can guarantee it won't happen to any other players on campus right now after CNS is done making his point to the others.
I agree. There's about to be a "Come to Jesus" meeting with the team.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

I'm sure it's like trying to make IMPERFECT human beings PERFECT. It's impossible for any human being to attain perfection in fellow human beings. That's the goal and part of The Process, but in reality it's impossible. I do appreciate his efforts.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Maybe the players were under some influence, but I don't see it. If they were stupid enough to steal an ACT card and use it in Bryant Hall, they probably don't consider their victim's size like some of us have through the 20+ pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.