Four Bama football players arrested, are dismissed from team

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callo

If they are not dismissed for this, then that would really bother me. They need to be separated from UA.

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

Something makes me think this is only the tip of the iceberg with Eddie Williams.

Arrested twice over the course of 2 days? And he was a fine upstanding citizen before then? Something precipitated these events. Surely he didn't just wake up on Sunday morning and decide to go on a crime spree. I'm not sure about the other guys, but there's got to be more Williams' story.
Agreed. Though it may sound strange and don't ask me how I know this, knocking somebody out fairly quickly is a learned skill and not all that hard once you've done it a few times, assuming the target is not in a defensive posture. I would guess that somebody who would go out to perpretate strong arm robberies in what I take as an almost casual manner, at least at the outset, has a great deal of confidence in their striking ability.

I am guessing Williams has not had formal training in this, which means he's had quite a bit of practice. I would be interested to see what turned up in a review of reported but unsolved strong arm robberies in locales where Williams has been known to reside.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

One thing which appears to be totally missed in regarding this as a "mistake in judgment."
I'm with you entirely, chief. These aren't "mistakes in judgment," these are multiple felonies, committed with force and violence, which were premeditated, planned, and committed with specific intent. It's hard to get much farther from a "mistake in judgment" than that.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham

Sad to read this particular quote and know it's what is going to happen:
"We want him to get an education," Craig said. "There's been a lot of great athletes in Thomasville through the years, and you see them back here and they've had wasted lives. I don't want to see that happen to him. We're going to love him. We're going to support him."

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

I read that story when it originally came out. I re-read it today. Read the last paragraph. Hopefully, that will not occur in this case. It is a sad day for that family and the rest of us that he may not be able to reach his potential. Just sad!

My question: Was one of these guys the leader of the three that lead them down the wrong path? I do have one in mind but am not certain. Sometimes, you just gotta say no, "I need to study or" something else instead of hanging with the crowd.

CapeHorn

Scout Team
Aug 22, 2012

I hope these boys learn their lesson because if it had been me or someone like me they jumped this story would be a whole lot different.

A quick story. When I was a sophomore in college 2 of my friends and I got jumped by a gang and got beat up pretty bad. One of my friends ended up with a cracked skull and ended up in ICU for a couple of weeks. Took him nearly 6 months to get back to where he could go back to school.

I swore then that I wouldn't let that happen again to me or anyone around me. I tote now everywhere I go. If that was me they jumped you would be reading their obituary today. I say that without any hesitation. I have zero tolerance for stealing or beating up innocent people. I know some of you will say this is harsh but until something like this happens to you please don't say how you would react.

Lil Bama Lady

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 31, 2006
Heflin, Alabama, United States

I am REALLY bothered by the fact that it happened ON CAMPUS. As though people do not know who they are or could identify them. I am still shaking my head at this whole deal..........

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Maybe the players were under some influence, but I don't see it. If they were stupid enough to steal an ACT card and use it in Bryant Hall, they probably don't consider their victim's size like some of us have through the 20+ pages.
We don't really know the state they were in when they committed the attack or when they used the ACT card. I will repeat that the victim will not turn out to be 6'6", 300 lb...

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham

I think the most disturbing part of this are the tweets being sent out by some of the players. On AL. com, there is an article with the tweets. Some examples, "I am wit my boyz" and this jewel, "Let those without sin cast the first stone." I want to shake the kid that tweeted that and say, no 99.9% of the people pointing fingers have never beat someone unconscious. How disrespectful is that to the victims and their families for the player to tweet, I am wit my boyz?" To me, they are expressing their thug mentality.

This is not players supporting David Palmer in the summer of 1992 which I believe was a lapse in judgement or a mistake. This is a whole different level. This is bad people who need to be locked up for a very long time. I don't care if they are friends or teammates. No one should be backing or endorsing these thugs. Cut them up in little pieces and throw them in the incinerator.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

The story about Williams and the gun makes it sound like he was under the influence of something when he got in the dispute with te gas station clerk. The fact he had an unlicensed gun also speaks to the fact this probably wasn't his first rodeo.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012

I hope these boys learn their lesson because if it had been me or someone like me they jumped this story would be a whole lot different.

A quick story. When I was a sophomore in college 2 of my friends and I got jumped by a gang and got beat up pretty bad. One of my friends ended up with a cracked skull and ended up in ICU for a couple of weeks. Took him nearly 6 months to get back to where he could go back to school.

I swore then that I wouldn't let that happen again to me or anyone around me. I tote now everywhere I go. If that was me they jumped you would be reading their obituary today. I say that without any hesitation. I have zero tolerance for stealing or beating up innocent people. I know some of you will say this is harsh but until something like this happens to you please don't say how you would react.

I've been totin' everywhere I go for the past 30 years, and I've never needed it.

Mostly because I have sense enough to avoid putting myself in situations where I might need it. Now, that's not saying that I haven't been in a scuffle or two along the way... because I have. I've been in fights and had my weapon holstered on me. Nobody knew I had it but me.

However, this goes back to the potential question of... what if it was my kid?

The only thing I can guarantee is that there are no limits in terms of what I will do to protect my children. None. Guys who operate like the accused here can't always count on picking someone's child whose parents aren't like me.

These kids just think they're crazy. They have no idea what crazy is, or what it's capable of.

I sincerely hope that the victims here are ok.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA

I hate it when kids toss their opportunities away. I know something about that because I did that when I was at Alabama. I double majored in debauchery and lasciviousness with a minor in concupiscence, with graduate studies in Advanced Beverage Consumption. I got back on track, but it took way too many extra years to compensate. The moral of the story: There is no such thing as a "scenic route" to success in life.
I majored in those as well while there but eventually changed majors and got out by the skin of my teeth.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

How can you reason with someone who has a world class education paid for, thousands of fans, and a chance to make it to the NFL in two or three years? All of these guys were given a gift that they have squandered and have thrown away.Maybe they can be rehabed back in society some day but not at the University of Alabama.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Many is the time I have seen threads on here condemning and making fun of other schools for players committing such actions as these. I often wondered how long it would be before their words come back to haunt them.
Oh please, you can say this about any topic discussed here. I say the same thing now about our players that I said about their players. The same thing.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama

No excuses for this...they need to be gone.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callo

I think the most disturbing part of this are the tweets being sent out by some of the players. On AL. com, there is an article with the tweets. Some examples, "I am wit my boyz" and this jewel, "Let those without sin cast the first stone." I want to shake the kid that tweeted that and say, no 99.9% of the people pointing fingers have never beat someone unconscious. How disrespectful is that to the victims and their families for the player to tweet, I am wit my boyz?" To me, they are expressing their thug mentality.

This is not players supporting David Palmer in the summer of 1992 which I believe was a lapse in judgement or a mistake. This is a whole different level. This is bad people who need to be locked up for a very long time. I don't care if they are friends or teammates. No one should be backing or endorsing these thugs. Cut them up in little pieces and throw them in the incinerator.
Let em burn and hopefully learn their lesson. And THEN restart their life like everyone else.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Lil Bama Lady

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 31, 2006
Heflin, Alabama, United States

Many of the tweets occurred in the morning hours (perhaps before the FULL details were known) therefore possibly a case of teammates defending teammates but since the details have emerged, not so much. It's understandable that they would would defend the 4, but that has all but disappeared as the facts have been unfolding which gives me hope that it was a case of knee jerk reaction to defend their teammates and not so much a statement supporting condonement of their actions.

OR

Saban telling them to knock it off.

Last edited:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

It's still stupid to jump on twitter and come to there defense without all the facts because you can't go back and take those tweets away. Of course what do you expect from young people these days who live there lives through social media. They will regret it one day when there kids can go look up every last detail of there crazy "college" life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.