Four Bama football players arrested, are dismissed from team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
Re: Any news on the progress of Eddie Williams and Brent Calloway?

Anyone have any info on the progression of Brent Calloway and/or Eddie Williams. I've not heard much of anything about these two guys as of late and was wondering if there was any news on them.
I see what you did here.

Terrible news for those two, Pettway, and Hayes. Not a good way to start the morning.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

Certainly NOT the kind of news any of us were hoping to see. They must have gotten hold of some contaminated food in the training room. Surely they must know the consequences of such activities under a CNS program. I'll wait until the facts are in before I believe they actually did this on purpose KNOWING the probable reaction from CNS...right?
I don't think it's CNS they have to worry about. If convicted, the robbery charge alone carries a 2 year minimum jail sentence, 10 years if they had a weapon.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012

Hitting twitter. This should be an interesting day.

Fulmer cup point total may blow up now.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Calloway?

Best talent evaluator in the country and he still ends up with numbskulls. This generation baffles me, never satisfied with what they have.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

this is disgraceful. Not worried about replacing them, plenty of talent waiting to take their place, it's just disgraceful for the program, for the university and their families. This sort of thing needs to be cut off now before it grows.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

It's early so don't know the whole story, but my first thought would be that none of these guys will be coming back. Hate it the most for DJ Pettway and Eddie Williams. I live near Pensacola, so was rooting for Pettway and hate to see him throw away his great opportunity. A lot of potential wasted.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

Well, assuming these charges stick, I assume they're gone. We need the space anyway, especially for guys who want to be there and intend to do things right.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ

Very sad for those four, unbelieveable. What the heck were they thinking? I was in a good mood today until I saw that.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

I don't think it's CNS they have to worry about. If convicted, the robbery charge alone carries a 2 year minimum jail sentence, 10 years if they had a weapon.
Yessir, you're right about that. But I think the key word there is 'if'. They may get off light from the community law, but having to face CNS with just being arrested is a given. They may escape incarceration, but they're not going to escape CNS's incineration.

Nice way to promote your career guys. Forget where and whom you were playing for?

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

Wasn't Tyler Hayes one of the 2 sent home from Miami in January?
Calloway's previous issues with weed won't help this at all.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Best talent evaluator in the country and he still ends up with numbskulls. This generation baffles me, never satisfied with what they have.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Opportunity, talent, ability, physical prowess are sometimes wasted on the young, unfortunately. My only hope is that as this pans out that these young men learn something from this and that their lives are not irreparably damaged. Wisdom does indeed come with age.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I hate four players got arrested, but that means more than a hundred players didn't. :confused:

rhm54

1st Team
Nov 30, 2006
Re: Four Bama football players arrested was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Calloway?

I know Calloway and Williams are the big names but I think we will miss the other two more.

Just sad.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Re: Four Bama football players arrested was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Calloway?

Can one of the lawyers on here tell me if this is an accurate description of second degree robbery?

Second degree robbery is the taking of anything of value belonging to another from the person of another or that is in the immediate control of another when the offender intentionally inflicts serious bodily injury.

(2) For purposes of this Section, "serious bodily injury" means bodily injury which involves unconsciousness, extreme physical pain or protracted and obvious disfigurement, or protracted loss or impairment of the function of a bodily member, organ, or mental faculty, or a substantial risk of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.