Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    Recipes
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Any news on the progress of Eddie Williams and Brent Calloway?

Original Story <--Click

Links to their arrests:

Brent Calloway
    Fraudulent use of a credit card

Eddie Williams
    2nd Degree Robbery

DJ Pettway
    2nd Degree Robbery

Tyler Hayes
    2nd Degree Robbery

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    Original Story <--Click

Links to their arrests:

Brent Calloway

Eddie Williams
    2nd Degree Robbery

DJ Pettway
    2nd Degree Robbery

Tyler Hayes
    2nd Degree Robbery

Just makes you shake your head. When you think of the opportunities most likely wasted......

BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Talkative on TideFans.com

Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Calloway?

Best talent evaluator in the country and he still ends up with numbskulls. This generation baffles me, never satisfied with what they have.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

this is disgraceful. Not worried about replacing them, plenty of talent waiting to take their place, it's just disgraceful for the program, for the university and their families. This sort of thing needs to be cut off now before it grows.
    BS 1989

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

It's early so don't know the whole story, but my first thought would be that none of these guys will be coming back. Hate it the most for DJ Pettway and Eddie Williams. I live near Pensacola, so was rooting for Pettway and hate to see him throw away his great opportunity. A lot of potential wasted.

Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

Well, assuming these charges stick, I assume they're gone. We need the space anyway, especially for guys who want to be there and intend to do things right.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Very sad for those four, unbelieveable. What the heck were they thinking? I was in a good mood today until I saw that.
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation First Team im4uainva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Vilified on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    I don't think it's CNS they have to worry about. If convicted, the robbery charge alone carries a 2 year minimum jail sentence, 10 years if they had a weapon.
    Yessir, you're right about that. But I think the key word there is 'if'. They may get off light from the community law, but having to face CNS with just being arrested is a given. They may escape incarceration, but they're not going to escape CNS's incineration.

Nice way to promote your career guys. Forget where and whom you were playing for?

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Wasn't Tyler Hayes one of the 2 sent home from Miami in January?
    Calloway's previous issues with weed won't help this at all.
    I've read the end of The Book and I know who wins!

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    Best talent evaluator in the country and he still ends up with numbskulls. This generation baffles me, never satisfied with what they have.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    Opportunity, talent, ability, physical prowess are sometimes wasted on the young, unfortunately. My only hope is that as this pans out that these young men learn something from this and that their lives are not irreparably damaged. Wisdom does indeed come with age.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I hate four players got arrested, but that means more than a hundred players didn't.

Re: Four Bama football players arrested was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Calloway?

I know Calloway and Williams are the big names but I think we will miss the other two more.

Just sad.
    You will suffer through one of two things in life, either the pain of discipline or the pain of disappointment - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Re: Four Bama football players arrested was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Calloway?

Can one of the lawyers on here tell me if this is an accurate description of second degree robbery?

Second degree robbery is the taking of anything of value belonging to another from the person of another or that is in the immediate control of another when the offender intentionally inflicts serious bodily injury.

(2) For purposes of this Section, "serious bodily injury" means bodily injury which involves unconsciousness, extreme physical pain or protracted and obvious disfigurement, or protracted loss or impairment of the function of a bodily member, organ, or mental faculty, or a substantial risk of death.