Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

Is Blinn Community College their next stop? Is this the pathway to the Barn (i.e. Cam)?

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

Re: Any news on the progress of Eddie Williams and Brent Calloway?

It's hard to figure out exactly what was going on here, since they like to arrest everyone present and sort out the rest later.

The "good" news is that none of these guys are integral contributors (and obviously could have some maturity issues), but the bad news is that they were all elite prospects and with the exception of Eddie Williams (who was a 5 star) all were likely to be second on the depth chart. From a football standpoint, that is quality depth and it's not likely that these are the types of players that Saban would have wanted to replace. Having said that, if they are all guilty, you're better off without them around.

Mostly, it's just sad for these kids. They are potentially throwing so much away, over what? Calloway seems the most likely to get off light, but this is a second offense, so I'm not sure you can keep him around. Eddie Williams seems like he is gone no matter what, since he is apparently facing multiple charges. I kind of hope for the sake of everyone else that he was the ringleader, but it's kind of hard to imagine any of these guys staying on campus after this.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban
    "This is how it should be every game, every home game... the fans were just amazing". - Kevin Norwood on 2013 LSU game
    "Four, five-star recruits are in Tuscaloosa, and then they see a stadium start emptying out at halftime"

Before we throw any / all of these guys under the bus, let's wait to see what unfolds. It doesn't look good for them - the police don't routinely arrest 'high profile' people on charges that aren't solid - but the police aren't infallible. I suspect one or more will no longer be with the football program when all is said and done, but until we know more we need to be patient and not rush to judgement....
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    Forgetting the athlete aspect for a second, does anybody know the University's rules regarding students who have been charged with a felony?

I realize nobody's actually been charged yet, but unless the police have this all wrong, you'd have to think it's coming for one or more of the guys arrested.

If / when that happens, I know I wouldn't want my child sharing a classroom or dorm with a guy awaiting trial on any felony, but particularly one involving actual or threatened physical force / intimidation. So I'm wondering what University policy is.
    They have been charged with felonies. They've not been convicted, but they were charged when they were arrested.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Cecil Hurt ‏@CecilHurt Arrested UA players struck students, stole belongings and fled, per police report and @TNews_Steph ... http://tmi.me/Kexfo

If this is true then I believe they are done without question.

BamaNation Second Team kilgourtroutt's Avatar

Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

I have tried a few cases in Tuscaloosa.

For a first offence (if these are indeed first offences) and in consideration of the fact that they are all likely under the age of 21, none will likely see prison. They will end up with some type of youthful offender, probation or other deferred adjudication.

That being said, if they do have any priors, they could be looking at some time.

I doubt that there was any type of weapon used because if there was, they would have charged them with Robbery 1st and not robbery 2nd.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonJag's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

And Miss Tuscaloosa, Stormie Henderson, was in the slammer at the same time:

LINK
    "We just gotta stop that lil' inside trap." - Joe Kines

BamaNation Third Team
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickvox79 View Post
    Cecil Hurt ‏@CecilHurt Arrested UA players struck students, stole belongings and fled, per police report and @TNews_Steph ... http://tmi.me/Kexfo

If this is true then I believe they are done without question.
    Alabama is under a lot of scrutiny at this point...people are waiting to see what the outcome will be. I believe he should remove the players that have been charged (guilty by association) and let the system run its course.

Eddie Williams on the other hand needs to be dismissed....if he doesn't care about his future then why should anyone else!

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonJag View Post

LINK
    Cleat chasers, man. Chicks these days will do anything to get an athlete's attention.
    RIP Hub

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by kilgourtroutt View Post
    I have tried a few cases in Tuscaloosa.

For a first offence (if these are indeed first offences) and in consideration of the fact that they are all likely under the age of 21, none will likely see prison. They will end up with some type of youthful offender, probation or other deferred adjudication.

That being said, if they do have any priors, they could be looking at some time.

I doubt that there was any type of weapon used because if there was, they would have charged them with Robbery 1st and not robbery 2nd.
    Calloway was arrested for possession in December of 2011. Eddie Williams was arrested for an unlicensed pistol on Sunday. No known arrests for the other two.

I didn't think there were any weapons used, and the Tuscaloosa News article indicates there weren't. I was just posting the punishment in that case.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonJag View Post

LINK
    Never understood why people smile in a mugshot.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rizolltizide View Post
    Cleat chasers, man. Chicks these days will do anything to get an athlete's attention.
    Probably coincidence. Her charge is leaving the scene of an accident...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

And now this....

Stephanie Taylor ‏@TNews_Steph Arrest warrants: DJ Pettway punched student in the head and face and kicked him in the ribs and back before stealing laptop

BamaNation All-American CrimsonJag's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

This thread has the potential of becoming a whole lot of

Last edited by CrimsonJag; February 12th, 2013 at 10:33 AM.
    "We just gotta stop that lil' inside trap." - Joe Kines