Four Bama football players arrested, are dismissed from team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Bama Lady

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 31, 2006
Heflin, Alabama, United States
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

Tuscaloosa News crime reporter Stephanie Taylor has been tweeting some informative stuff. Doesn't sound good.

https://twitter.com/TNews_Steph

Here is an example...

It sounds like they all admitted everything. I wonder if plea deal could be in the works? Even with that, I don't know if we will see these players on the team again.
Williams, Pettway and Hayes are admitting things ( in two DIFFERENT incidents,) doesn't mention Calloway though.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

Court docs can be found here:

http://twitter.com/Fox6Clare
Per those documents, Eddie Williams admitted to police investigators that he committed the assault and robbery of the student, and that he later used the card.

According to Williams' confession, both Tyler Hayes and D.J. Pettway stood by in the vehicle while the assault/robbery occurred, and were aware of what he intended to do. Williams also admitted that Hayes and Pettway actively joined him in assaulting another victim, where they stole his backpack and a Macbook.

Again, no use to speculate, but based on those admissions to two violent felony offenses -- in addition to the pending gun charge -- I think we can all see where this one is headed.

Likewise, Tyler Hayes admitted to investigators that he was physically involved in the first robbery, and that he stood by in the second robbery while knowing of Williams intent. Again, no need to speculate, but as with Williams I think we can all see where this one will likely end up. Admissions to violent felonies pretty much speak for themselves.

Apparently Pettway made no admissions with respect to actively participating in the robberies, at least in so much as I can tell. The admissions of his co-defendants, however, will prove highly problematic, to put it mildly.

Calloway did not really admit to anything, apparently, and seems to be claiming that while he used the card he was not aware it was stolen, which could at least possibly be a colorable argument. Perhaps there is hope for him.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Court docs show Williams made a statement admitting to the robbery. He said that he Hays and Pettway beat a guy unconscious and took his wallet. They later used his CC to buy items from a vending machine at the dorm.

Calloway also made a statement that he knowingly used the CC to buy snacks from a vending machine. He knew the card was stolen and used it anyway.

I know CNS will do what's best for these guys - some of his decisions in the past have left me scratching my head at the time, later to find out he was right. He knows what these guys need and what they don't and will do what is best for them and the team.

That said, I'd have a hard time keeping any of them on my squad if I were coach. But I have rather two-dimensional views of the players.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL

I can see the jokes now......

So, how many Alabama football players does it take to steal money to get snacks out a vending machine? Unbelievable and not a good way to represent the Tide football program or University.
Sad day, for sure.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012

Per those documents, Eddie Williams admitted to police investigators that he committed the assault and robbery of the student, and that he later used the card.

According to Williams' confession, both Tyler Hayes and D.J. Pettway stood by in the vehicle while the assault/robbery occurred, and were aware of what he intended to do. Williams also admitted that Hayes and Pettway actively joined him in assaulting another victim, where they stole his backpack and a Macbook.

Again, no use to speculate, but based on those admissions -- in addition to the pending gun charge -- I think we can all see where this one is headed.

Likewise, Tyler Hayes admitted to investigators that he was physically involved in the first robbery, and that he stood by in the second robbery while knowing of Williams intent. Again, no need to speculate, but as with Williams I think we can all see where this one will likely end up.

Apparently Pettway made no admissions with respect to actively participating in the robberies, at least in so much as I can tell.

Calloway did not really admit to anything, apparently, and seems to be claiming that while he used the card he was not aware it was stolen, which could at least possibly be a colorable argument. Perhaps there is hope for him.
The report I read stated he knew it was stolen and used it multiple times.

kilgourtroutt

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 3, 2011
Birmingham

Calloway admitted to KNOWINGLy using the credit card--see Doc #3 of 8 in the link. He used the card "with the knowledge that it was stolen."

And yes--it was a UA Action card and not a normal credit card.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Calloway?

Stupid is as stupid does. I find nothing sad about this. If you can't engage your brain regarding right & wrong, you deserve to get caught and have to pay the consequences. I hope CNS deals with them justly and swiftly and we can all move along. Hope these young men can learn from this and move along in their lives the correct way - just not in our program.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Calloway admitted to KNOWINGLy using the credit card--see Doc #3 of 8 in the link. He used the card "with the knowledge that it was stolen."

Yep, I'm not sure it makes a difference since the student ID is effectively binded to a monetary account.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I hope he wasn't thinking that it didn't qualify as a credit/debit card...

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA

Boggles. The. Mind.

What has to be going through your head when you do something like this? Part of me wonders if it's some sort of attempt at self sabotage.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Found this over on one of the boog boards:

They'll say our 4 idiots set a bad example. And they'll portray Calloway as the ringleader and opine that that is a risk you take when you flip AU commits.
They should know.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

The report I read stated he knew it was stolen and used it multiple times.

I read it differently on the initial take, though the images were flipped 90 degrees so that made it somewhat difficult to follow. I'll defer to what you guys have said on the matter.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011

This goes way past CNS. The University will kick them out. Hard to play ball when you aren't in school. Before these players leave, I'd like for them to get to address the entire team and tell them why they thought this was something they needed to do. I'd really like the O Line from this past season to address them one at a time.

olderthandirt

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 6, 2007

Time to clean out the "trash" if found guilty.

After such a great season this throws cold water on the year.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

How long before this turns into "they stole the card for food which proves we need to pay college players" in the media? In fact, Josh Moon has already alluded to that this morning on his radio show; something to the effect of "these kids don't think straight when they have so little money that they can't even afford food."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.