Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858 ... LastLast
    BamaNation First Team Crimson57s's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any news on the progress of Eddie Williams and Brent Calloway?

How sad for all involved.

IF they did what they are accused of, what golden opportunities they are wasting!
    "I don't like to lose. I don't expect to lose." - Nick Saban

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Calloway?

The more details I learn, the more I shake my head.

Lady I used to go to church with had this saying: "Only what's in a man can come out."

Along those lines, besides those that harm children & the elderly, nothing disgusts me more than a liar & a thief. You can't just go around strong arming people man. You just can't. They have places for people like that to live amongst themselves. It's called jail. It's still early but.....
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickvox79 View Post
    Cecil Hurt ‏@CecilHurt Arrested UA players struck students, stole belongings and fled, per police report and @TNews_Steph ... http://tmi.me/Kexfo

If this is true then I believe they are done without question.
    If true -- and I can't imagine Cecil putting it out publicly unless he was 110% certain -- the "players" he references won't be in Tuscaloosa by Friday, unless of course they're sitting in jail. And that's a good thing.
    Last edited by 4Q Basket Case; February 12th, 2013 at 09:38 AM.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

I hate to say to "make an example out of them" but if Saban is "talking the talk", he will have to "walk the walk". Consequences for your actions MUST be followed through on, as much as I hate it (whatever that may be depending on what comes out in the wash.) That said, as a parent my heart breaks for these young men being in danger of throwing away wonderful opportunities and bright futures. I also said the same thing about the four Auburn players arrested for armed robbery and the Honey Badger. Kids making poor decisions that affects the rest of their lives and the lives of their families. Sad.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

@TNews_Steph Players admitted to using credit card stolen in the robbery to buy snacks from vending machine at Bryant Hall

If true and they have admitted evolvement, that should allow Saban to dismiss them ASAP.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonJag View Post
    This thread is becoming a whole lot of

I'm just posting what I'm seeing from the Tuscaloosa News reports. Trust me, I hope they're wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by tide96 View Post
    @TNews_Steph Players admitted to using credit card stolen in the robbery to buy snacks from vending machine at Bryant Hall

If true and they have admitted evolvement, that should allow Saban to dismiss them ASAP.
    If I'm going to use a stolen credit card, I'm going to buy more than just snacks out of a vending machine.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation First Team TheAccountant's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    If I'm going to use a stolen credit card, I'm going to buy more than just snacks out of a vending machine.
    If I had to guess they probably stole the student's ACT card. Among other things, you can use it a type of debit card around campus and a few select stores off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Based on the last few posts, it sounds like they're acting like school yard bullies, only they're about to find out that the rules are different now that they're adults out in the real world.

FB | REC Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

No use even really debating this one. Simple enough:

Just about anyone in this country can be charged with anything at almost any time. In and of itself, it doesn't mean much. If these guys do not do what they are alleged to have done, fair enough, they are the victims and not deserving of any punishment, whether by UA, Coach Saban, or the criminal justice system.

On the other hand, if the allegations are true, especially with respect to the robbery charges, then they have no place in the UA football program and may, depending on the adjudications of the criminal justice system, not have a place walking the streets as free individuals.

Again, no use even really debating it. We'll find out shortly enough where this one is headed.

BamaNation Second Team kilgourtroutt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Court docs can be found here:

http://twitter.com/Fox6Clare

BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

multiple arrests for a couple of these kids is unacceptable. GL at georgia southern or millsap

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

I agree we should wait until the facts are in to pass judgement and I'm confident Coach Saban will do just that.
    It is not looking good and it is is embarrassing for us and The University but consider how this reflects on the other players on the football team. Those guys have worked hard, achieved great things, and earned respect. They do not deserve to be ridiculed because of the foolish (possible criminal) acts of a few who feel entitled to what others have. They deserve to continue the process with pride and respect. IF the allegations are true the offenders should be tossed quickly. The future of those who do things the right way should be considered above the prospects of dishonest players.
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment."-Nick Saban