Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161959 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

Brent Calloway is tweeting about it, said he wasn't even awake during the robbery. Hopefully things will get sorted out quickly.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team im4uainva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Vilified on TideFans.com

Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

Quote Originally Posted by kilgourtroutt View Post

I doubt that there was any type of weapon used because if there was, they would have charged them with Robbery 1st and not robbery 2nd.
    That's just it, though, these men are finely tuned athletes. And in a manner of speaking, against any normal, average sized person, they are, in essense, a weapon. Stronger, faster, cat-like reflexes. With few exceptions, no mere normal, average individual person is going to stand a chance against them. What fear do these athletes have against the average college student?

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bama Lady View Post
    Brent Calloway is tweeting about it, said he wasn't even awake during the robbery. Hopefully things will get sorted out quickly.
    Well, someone has already mentioned that the police like to do a mass arrest, take mug shots THEN worry about the details later. So who knows.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

South Alabama has some scholarship openings.....
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment." - Nick Saban

BamaNation All-American

If they did it, they're idiots. Did they think they were untouchable or some other such nonsense? If they did it, toss them to the curb. That crap won't be tolerated here.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

Re: Any news on the progress of Eddie Williams and Brent Calloway?

Quote Originally Posted by rizolltizide View Post
    Cleat chasers, man. Chicks these days will do anything to get an athlete's attention.
    Looks like you were right, despite what was on the site...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickvox79 View Post
    And now this....

Stephanie Taylor ‏@TNews_Steph Arrest warrants: DJ Pettway punched student in the head and face and kicked him in the ribs and back before stealing laptop
    Tuscaloosa News crime reporter Stephanie Taylor has been tweeting some informative stuff. Doesn't sound good.

https://twitter.com/TNews_Steph

Here is an example...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Taylor
    Eddie Williams told police that he attacked the second victim while Hayes and Pettway stood by. Knocked him unconscious and stole his wallet
    It sounds like they all admitted everything. I wonder if plea deal could be in the works? Even with that, I don't know if we will see these players on the team again.
    Last edited by CrimsonChuck; February 12th, 2013 at 09:50 AM.
    Lucky #13

BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bama Lady View Post
    guess the weed from 2011 wasn't his either?

unfortunately when you're the top dog you will be scrutinized for any action, or inaction, taken in these circumstances. if you wait for the legal process to weed (pun intended) itself out CNS will be thrashed for inaction and if he dismisses some of these kids he'll be chastised for overreacting

only thing he can do is pull the kids into the office today and trust their word. if they weren't there = obviously no action taken but if they are stealing and beating on fellow students the door should be hitting them in the can

BamaNation Second Team kilgourtroutt's Avatar

Court docs show Williams made a statement admitting to the robbery. He said that he Hays and Pettway beat a guy unconscious and took his wallet. They later used his CC to buy items from a vending machine at the dorm.

Calloway also made a statement that he knowingly used the CC to buy snacks from a vending machine. He knew the card was stolen and used it anyway.

I dont know how many times a day I say this but IF you are ever arrested--KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. Nothing good ever comes of talking to the police when you are under arrest.

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

https://twitter.com/TNews_Steph#Eddie Williams told police that he attacked the second victim while Hayes and Pettway stood by. Knocked him unconscious and stole his wallet.

(Someone beat me to it, while I was figuring out how to post it. Old folks.......what are you going to do with us?)
    "Mark it zero. Mark it zero, or you're entering a whole new world of pain."

BamaNation Second Team kilgourtroutt's Avatar

you can see their statments here:

http://twitter.com/Fox6Clare

BamaNation Third Team TooFullOfBama's Avatar

This is such sad news. Why in the world would these kids would just throw away their futures on such stupidity is beyond me. They are at the premier college football program in the entire United States under a man who will be known in history as one of the greatest coaches ever to prowl a sideline, on a team that wins championships the same way everyone else eats their morning Cheerios. I just don't get it.

Speaking of Cheerios, if these boys can get out of the deep legal trouble they are in, they ought to at least do Coach Cochran's Breakfast Club at 5:00 am for about 6 consecutive months with only Sundays off. This is the minimum discipline. They likely should lose scholarships.

I hate it when kids toss their opportunities away. I know something about that because I did that when I was at Alabama. I double majored in debauchery and lasciviousness with a minor in concupiscence, with graduate studies in Advanced Beverage Consumption. I got back on track, but it took way too many extra years to compensate. The moral of the story: There is no such thing as a "scenic route" to success in life.

BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

thx for the link chuck. looking like we'll be down 3 players by week's end