Four Bama football players arrested, are dismissed from team

Status
Not open for further replies.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
If True and I suspect the charges are then Coach Saban has to send a message loud and clear. This will not be tolerated.
I think the University will remove them from school. And I've got a feeling the last person they want to look in the eye is CNS. I really hate it for the victims and CNS. Coach poors everything he's got into these kids.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

I heard about that "trunk popping" incident yesterday. I took it as the normal bravado that a few of the guys on our team have year in and year out. (I have a couple of personal stories of said bravado by a couple of guys who were on the team during the time I was in school (2000-2006). Heard one say to a UA police officer, "Do you know who I am? I run this campus!" after finishing the season with 2 tackles and 1 tackle for loss. Yeah...it was that bad.) But apparently, Eddie has some issues there. All types of conclusions I could draw here, but I hate blanket statements and all that come with them. But in any event, I pray that all these young men get their lives together, football or not.
William, that era (2000-2006) was not really a great era in UA football, particularly in the discipline area. I'd hoped we'd put most of that kind of thing behind us. Welcome to the real world. I feel like Williams' statement about not paying, going to his trunk and it's turning out that he had heat in there, goes far beyond bravado. I'm just so happy the gun was gone when all this went down yesterday...

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

I'll let Lady Justice deal a hand for these knuckleheads. I'll sincerely hope and pray for the real victim here.

As for me, they aren't ruining my post-Championship buzz.
I'm trying, aj, I'm trying.

Thus far, however, I'd be lying if I said that they haven't put one heckuva damper on it.

If only temporarily...

Most importantly, as you say, I pray for the victim(s) here...

Last edited:

BamaBoots

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Rocket City

What the Alabama players did was wrong, cruel and disrespectful for the university of Alabama and the football team. They deserve to be kicked off the team. IT's plan stupid. What bothers me that we still do not know the whole story of what happened, and we only know of the incident reported in the police report. I will pray for those young men, and hope that they turn their life around. I refuse to call them thugs, because what they did was stupid, but doesn't make them a thug at all.
If one of these kids had died from the blows to the head or been paralyzed by the kicks to the body would you consider them thugs then?:BigA:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

If one of these kids had died from the blows to the head or been paralyzed by the kicks to the body would you consider them thugs then?:BigA:
Look up Thug and you'll see it being mentioned as repeated violence act.

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN

They should of course go to prison. They have laid their hands on people and beat them in such a way that they may have permanently been injured or killed them. They can just take a great sign of relief it was not my daughter or son. But then again the relatives or friends of the students may think the way I do. Watch your backs boys.:BigA::mad::BigA:
My daughter is in grad school at the Capstone right now...if she had been one of the victims...God help those 3 as they probably wouldn't have been around much longer and it wouldn't have been just me! She has a very protective Uncle who is a former US Marine! Praying for the victims & their families.

BamaBoots

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Rocket City

Look up Thug and you'll see it being mentioned as repeated violence act.
They repeatedly hit them in the head and kicked them. Two different incidences. That's repeating. These are the times they have been caught. And your OK with it being your Mom or Daughter?

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Re: Four Bama football players arrested...

It seems the older I become, the more difficult it is to be surprised by practically anything. So, while dismayed I cannot claim to be shocked by the criminal behavior of these young men.

As the two parent family continues to be a thing of the past and pop culture glorifies violence it's actually surprising we don't see more of this happening. I'm not saying having both parents solves all ills but a stable upbringing while taking considerable effort, at least gives children the chance to learn right from wrong and the fact we are all responsible for both our actions and inaction in life.

Last edited:

BAMA JAMMA

Scout Team
Oct 28, 2007

I don't feel sorry for these idiot thugs. I feel sorry for their victims. These former players deserve no sympathy regardless if they wore crimson or played for the Barn. If they did this at least twice there is no telling how many other times they may of done it, or worse. These clowns deserve to be behind bars along with the rest of our societies criminals.

Getting kicked off the team is the least of their worries. Some are looking at a Class B felony. Good luck with that and good riddance.

CapeHorn

Scout Team
Aug 22, 2012

good people make bad decisions (ex. late for curfew, miss class, post crap on twitter) all the time and most learn their lesson after getting caught or called out on it.

good people don't go around beating the crap out of someone and stealing from them. that is what a bad person does. whether you want to classify them as a thug or not they are considered a bad person.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I just don't understand what these players were thinking..Throwing away the golden opportunity to set up the rest of their lives either with a career in the NFL or in the business world with a diploma from The University Of Alabama..An opportunity the rest of us can only dream about..What ticks me off..Is the fact it happened right after signing day..We turned away some mighty good players who wanted to come to Alabama & we simply didn't have room for them..They would have been more than happy to take these 4 players spot..

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Re: Four Bama football players arrested...

Definition of thug

noun

• [*]1a violent person, especially a criminal:he was attacked by a gang of thugs

• [*]2 (Thug) historical a member of an organization of robbers and assassins in India. Devotees of the goddess Kali, the Thugs waylaid and strangled their victims, usually travellers, in a ritually prescribed manner. They were suppressed by the British in the 1830s.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/thug

They are Thugs, though not in the historical sense.

jdua

Scout Team
Nov 19, 2006

What the Alabama players did was wrong, cruel and disrespectful for the university of Alabama and the football team. They deserve to be kicked off the team. IT's plan stupid. What bothers me that we still do not know the whole story of what happened, and we only know of the incident reported in the police report. I will pray for those young men, and hope that they turn their life around. I refuse to call them thugs, because what they did was stupid, but doesn't make them a thug at all.
I agree....if any variation of these charges are accurate, they sailed past thugdom without looking, skidding right into felony land.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Let me make a point which has not been made yet. When someone is beaten into a state of unconsciousness, it can't be ascertained if they are dead or not, except by checking for vital signs - breathing, pulse, etc. When these thugs left their victims, so far as they knew, they were murderers. That is, unless, unless you want to believe that they were tender and caring enough to lean down and check for breathing, check the wrist for pulse, etc. That's heavy. It would have been capital (death penalty) murder. I believe that, if Williams hadn't had his gun confiscated the day before, we would have been looking at a murder charge, judging from the ferocity and violence of the attack. In fact, the more I've thought about it, in Williams' case, I think that he wasn't looking for a few bucks from a vending machine so much as looking for someone to punish...

Last edited:

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Let me make a point which has not been made yet. When someone is beaten into a state of unconsciousness, it can't be ascertained if they are dead of not, except by checking for vital signs - breathing, pulse, etc. When these thugs left their victims, so far as they knew, they were murderers. That is, unless, unless you want to believe that they were tender and caring enough to lean down and check for breathing, check the wrist for pulse, etc. That's heavy. It would have been capital (death penalty) murder. I believe that, if Williams hadn't had his gun confiscated the day before, we would have been looking at a murder charge, judging from the ferocity and violence of the attack. In fact, the more I've thought about it, in Williams' case, I think that he wasn't looking for a few bucks from a vending machine so much as looking for someone to punish...
Two incidents so close together, it definitely looks like something set him off. It's a completely inappropriate response, but unless there were smaller problems over the year, it seems a weird "jumping off point." OTOH, I find it hard to believe this was a first incident considering the apparent ferocity of the assault.

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD

What have we come to when University of Alabama students need protection from the school's football players. Nick Saban should have swiftly dismissed all but Calloway from the team.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

What have we come to when University of Alabama students need protection from the school's football players. Nick Saban should have swiftly dismissed all butCalloway from the team.
His "indefinite suspensions" have turned out to be dismissal in every case...

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama

Earl, do you think calloway has been paid to play ? The reason i ask i would love to speak with you in private about !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.