Four Bama football players arrested, are dismissed from team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: Four Bama football players arrested...

It is our policy not to discuss discipline. However, sometimes matters are so obvious that there is a need for it. It's obvious that Dallas4 has been suspended when he didn't drop his attack after being advised by staff to do so. I've never understood his point nor Snoopy's, either one. Of course Saban's accountable. I'd be willing to bet he hasn't had a decent night's sleep since learning of the first incident with Williams. This word "accountable" keeps being thrown around by people I was certain were Bama fans, echoing language I'm reading over and over on Auburn sites. What is it? Is he supposed to utter some personal public mea culpa or apologize to the victims as if he'd committed the crimes? Dragged before a inquisitional committee of some sort? We have one of the lowest incidence of this type of offense in college football - not one major incident since 2008. What do these people want? If you demand "accountability," don't refer me to the dictionary; tell me exactly what Saban should do at this point in time. I don't think I've seen such muddy thinking a long, long time...
You're too nice Earle. "Muddy" is way too kind of a word to describe their thinking. That's why I could never be a mod because I would call these "Saban Accountability" people's way of thinking, "totally idiotic, ignorant, clueless, and stupid", not "Muddy".
Trying to explain just how phenomenal of a job Saban has done in developing character in young men's lives since he's been at Bama is a moot point with these idiots.
They see one incident and they have to blame the coach. They don't know any other thing to do.
They're pathetic stupid morons.
That's my opinion.
sip

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Four Bama football players arrested...

Yep. It's interesting that some of the early tweets from current players were supportive of their friends, but former players recognized the wasted opportunity right away. Hopefully the current players learn that it's best to take a few hours to mull over a tweet/post before publishing it.
EXCELLENT point. Noticed the same thing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuaner

Scout Team
Aug 26, 2008

Yep. It's interesting that some of the early tweets from current players were supportive of their friends, but former players recognized the wasted opportunity right away. Hopefully the current players learn that it's best to take a few hours to mull over a tweet/post before publishing it.
two reasons:
1. Former players may not know them personally while current players are their friends.
2. Former players in NFL are the best of the best from the University and they are the people who bought in CNS's philosophy well. Current players may not realize the consequences.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

EXCELLENT point. Noticed the same thing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
plus...let's not forget, we have a player peer group, made up of our player and coach chosen team leaders, who have a say so in these matters. It may never be brought to the public eye but I'd be interested in their decision here.
Somehow I don't think they're going to conclude, "Coach Saban's accountable".

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

I haven't read all the posts, but these guys not only let themselves down and wasted their golden opportunity, but they let down their teammates, coaches, family, and friends.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

Not to make light of the situation but this may work out well for Bozeman as long as we were not up against 25 this year.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

Not to make light of the situation but this may work out well for Bozeman as long as we were not up against 25 this year.
He tweeted yesterday that he had been fully cleared. Some good news. Roll Tide!

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States

It is our policy not to discuss discipline. However, sometimes matters are so obvious that there is a need for it. It's obvious that Dallas4 has been suspended when he didn't drop his attack after being advised by staff to do so. I've never understood his point nor Snoopy's, either one. Of course Saban's accountable. I'd be willing to bet he hasn't had a decent night's sleep since learning of the first incident with Williams. This word "accountable" keeps being thrown around by people I was certain were Bama fans, echoing language I'm reading over and over on Auburn sites. What is it? Is he supposed to utter some personal public mea culpa or apologize to the victims as if he'd committed the crimes? Dragged before a inquisitional committee of some sort? We have one of the lowest incidence of this type of offense in college football - not one major incident since 2008. What do these people want? If you demand "accountability," don't refer me to the dictionary; tell me exactly what Saban should do at this point in time. I don't think I've seen such muddy thinking a long, long time...
Earle: I suspect that Coach Saban will hold himself "accountable" because he is the man in charge, not because he himself is at fault. He isn't; assuming the facts are as they seem to be, the players are at fault. What I expect will happen is that he and the staff will review the interactions they had with these soon-to-be-ex-players to see if there were any signs they missed so they can apply them in the future. That's not fault, that's leadership, and Coach Saban is definitely a leader.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

When I read this story my mind flew back to an article I read a few years back about the time CPB caught a player selling pot in the early 70s. Here is the link. Scroll down to the part where CPB chases the kid back to his dorm and literally throws all his stuff out the window. Nothing that dramatic will happen here, but I have complete confidence that CNS will handle the situation appropriately.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2007/8/12/111433/Roy-Exum-Bear-Bryant-And-Redemption.aspx
Thank you for posting the link . There have been various versions of the story out there over the years . My late father once used a version of it on me the first time I was caught smoking a cigarette . I think I was about 8 or 9 . Of course he gave me different version , for a different reason , when I was caught with beer at the age of 14 .

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

I do hope the coaching staff clamps down players' social media commentary re: this incident. I know it's common for a lot of athletes to stand by their buddies no matter what (remember Joe Horn and "Free Mike Vick") but that's the last thing we need in the coming weeks.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

I do hope the coaching staff clamps down players' social media commentary re: this incident. I know it's common for a lot of athletes to stand by their buddies no matter what (remember Joe Horn and "Free Mike Vick") but that's the last thing we need in the coming weeks.
The Pandora's box is open now and social media is so integrated into our younger generation's culture that it's practically impossible to eliminate or even censure a player's input. About all the staff could do is try to educate their young impulsive minds into thinking before they type. Good luck with that. It wouldn't have worked on me thirty years ago....and every now and again, it doesn't work on these forums today(for me that is).:)

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

The Pandora's box is open now and social media is so integrated into our younger generation's culture that it's practically impossible to eliminate or even censure a player's input. About all the staff could do is try to educate their young impulsive minds into thinking before they type. Good luck with that. It wouldn't have worked on me thirty years ago....and every now and again, it doesn't work on these forums today.:)
That's incorrect. We can't control Twitter, but we can control how these forums are used - and we will...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Ok I'm caught up and thank God I missed "The Accountability Follies."

Some folks here have short memories. Saban embodies discipline. We've had problems here the decade before his arrival because some head honchos did not. In response to the alleged glee some here allegedly have towards others, I would note that NOBODY here was looking at this in terms of "how long is he out." Pretty much every poster has said they will never play for us again and shouldn't anyway. There are also the numbers. Every school - every school - has incidents. But we are the Brand now, so the standards are higher that others impose.

But remember: the Duke rape case changed everything. Saban has to wait and Scarb's column taking him to task was a self-important clown looking for an easy column. By comparison we are not doing bad. For Pete's sake, Baylor had one basketball player kill another and the coach tried to cover it up. Sandusky.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

That's incorrect. We can't control Twitter, but we can control how these forums are used - and we will...
LOL, Earle I wasn't speaking to the mod/admins ability to control the content of the forums. I have more confidence in that than I have with any of the dozens of forums I have joined since the mid-nineties. I was speaking only about my personal experience of sometimes typing without thinking it through first..........as evidenced by my last sentence in not making it clear that I was speaking only about myself.:)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The Pandora's box is open now and social media is so integrated into our younger generation's culture that it's practically impossible to eliminate or even censure a player's input. About all the staff could do is try to educate their young impulsive minds into thinking before they type. Good luck with that. It wouldn't have worked on me thirty years ago....and every now and again, it doesn't work on these forums today.:)
Plenty of coaches have "no Twitter" rules for their players. It wouldn't be a bad thing for CNS to do the same to make sure the players don't make regretful comments about the situation.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

Plenty of coaches have "no Twitter" rules for their players. It wouldn't be a bad thing for CNS to do the same to make sure the players don't make regretful comments about the situation.
I'm sure you know more about social media than myself. How many of the players do you think are abiding by those rules, percentage wise? I do see your point though, a player would have to disguise their identity, which would negate most embarrassing knee jerk tweets.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

LOL, Earle I wasn't speaking to the mod/admins ability to control the content of the forums. I have more confidence in that than I have with any of the dozens of forums I have joined since the mid-nineties. I was speaking only about my personal experience of sometimes typing without thinking it through first..........as evidenced by my last sentence in not making it clear that I was speaking only about myself.:)
OK, I misunderstood. We seem to have a rash of folks on both this board and basketball who seem intent on making up their own rules. :)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Yeah. I banned myself from the basketball forums because I'm not in a good way with our program right now. Hah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.