Four Bama football players arrested, are dismissed from team

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

Earl, do you think calloway has been paid to play ? The reason i ask i would love to speak with you in private about !
There's simply no way to tell in any program if a player has a booster who's taking care of extra cash, but I know of nothing which would indicate he was in contrast with any other player. OTOH, if he's willing to risk jail to use a stolen ACT card for a few bucks from a vending machine, I'd maintain he's certainly not being paid enough... :D

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

His "indefinite suspensions" have turned out to be dismissal in every case...
I hope that the indefinite suspensions do translate into dismissal. The behavior of Williams, Pettway, and Hayes is so reprehensible that nothing short of dismissal is consistent with common decency.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Does it even matter if Saban officially kicks them off the team? Thought a felony on campus meant automatic dismissal.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I hope that the indefinite suspensions do translate into dismissal. The behavior of Williams, Pettway, and Hayes is so reprehensible that nothing short of dismissal is consistent with common decency.
Always has...

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama

I know his high school principal & asst.principal. with that said he told me that brent would sing like a bird if he ever got in trouble and it didn't work out for him ! Kind of like the gene jelks saga

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

I know his high school principal & asst.principal. with that said he told me that brent would sing like a bird if he ever got in trouble and it didn't work out for him ! Kind of like the gene jelks saga
moo...

Re: Four Bama football players arrested...

Anyone have any info on the progression of Brent Calloway and/or Eddie Williams. I've not heard much of anything about these two guys as of late and was wondering if there was any news on them.

ETA: http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191178&p=2116402&viewfull=1#post2116402

This is extremely odd considering that you made this post way before this entire incident as if you already knew something had already went down. It seems overtly sarcastic as if you were just waiting for some not so good news to giggle and foam about before it came out in the press. I do know that the boog eaters have been obsessed with UA and Bama for over a century. Its been known for years where there were situations like police officers that are boog supporters working on campus in Tuscaloosa not to mention other plants constantly spying on UA student athletes. Either way it reeks of toxic blue and deer hunter orange.

This situation is bad enough without someone smearing it.

Last edited:

chains

Scout Team
Jun 12, 2009

As much as we would like to think all our players are wholesome, God fearing, humble individuals...they aren't. The Military deals with this type behavior, Police Departments, schools, families...all walks of life. Bad apples spoil other apples. They must be removed.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012

I am still absolutely dumbfounded at the pure stupidity/thuggery shown by these student athletes with bright futures.

I hope Saban has a team meeting and absolutely lays down the law with the remaining players within the team. This type of behavior/mentality can destroy a program. Obviously, anything remotely similar to this type of behavior, should not be tolerated. And I hope the players are removed from the program ASAP

I also hope any other potential "cancers" are also removed from the program before spring camp. There are way too many players out there that are mature enough to be able to do the right things on and off the field.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

There's simply no way to tell in any program if a player has a booster who's taking care of extra cash, but I know of nothing which would indicate he was in contrast with any other player. OTOH, if he's willing to risk jail to use a stolen ACT card for a few bucks from a vending machine, I'd maintain he's certainly not being paid enough... :D
I was going to say the same thing. If he is using a stolen ACT card for snacks, he is clearly not on anyone's payroll.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I've heard the same thing about several auburn players..

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Baseless accusations and conspiracy theories. I thought this thread couldn't get any worse...

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

I am still absolutely dumbfounded at the pure stupidity/thuggery shown by these student athletes with bright futures.

I hope Saban has a team meeting and absolutely lays down the law with the remaining players within the team. This type of behavior/mentality can destroy a program. Obviously, anything remotely similar to this type of behavior, should not be tolerated. And I hope the players are removed from the program ASAP

I also hope any other potential "cancers" are also removed from the program before spring camp. There are way too many players out there that are mature enough to be able to do the right things on and off the field.
Given the "process" is on going five years and all checks and balances are set. Where is/was the senior leadership/staff not to see some of this coming? This a running group of younger players and somebody had to see something brewing this past year within the Saban system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.