Four Bama football players arrested, are dismissed from team

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Any news on the progress of Eddie Williams and Brent Calloway?

Anyone have any info on the progression of Brent Calloway and/or Eddie Williams. I've not heard much of anything about these two guys as of late and was wondering if there was any news on them.
Calloway got quite a few snaps at H-back throughout the year and he got the 3rd team snaps at RB against W. Carolina when Drake got suspended. I think they like him a lot at H-back since he can be a big mis-match against LB's. I believe Eddie redshirted this year and I expect big things from him this year and the future.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

Progress reports due out 5/21/2013. Expect very little info until then.

marcusroby

1st Team
Jan 7, 2004
auburn,al usa

If all the guys at saftey pan out there will be a heck of a competition for minutes.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

IIRC, Eddie got to Bama with the idea of playing WR but switched to Safety after Jarrick Williams got injured in Fall Camp. Going to guess he stays there this year and gets some playing time in mop-up duty behind Haha and Collins.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011

Eddie got lucky that two safeties being recruited signed elsewhere.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009

Eddie got lucky that two safeties being recruited signed elsewhere.
Eddie is a heck of an athlete that looks like Mark Barron his senior year. He would have beat out those two guys easy.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

I expect great things from Eddie. Brent will find his groove and end up contributing hopefully this year. A lot of great talent in front of some of these young men so we all need to be patient. :BigA:

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

Eddie was a five star projected at safety. Coach Saban lets guys try the position they want but most people believe he will eventually be a first round pick at safety. If he were in this class he would have been higher rated than the ones that got away.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

I was watching a replay of a game, maybe Ole Miss where AJ under-threw Brent on a deep route. I felt Calloway could have slowed up and used his body to shield the defender while going for the ball, and it would have been a great catch. He will be a mismatch and a very good H back when he learns the position better.

He's a great athlete and I think he can excel at the position.
-------------

Who coaches our H backs?

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

In my opinion Calloway sacrificed his personal success for the team this year. It would have been better for him to stay at H-Back, but because were were down to the nitty gritty at tailback he switched to cover. I feel one more spring will lead to playing time at H-Back. I expect Williams to get into some playing time this season at safety.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

Here's some news. Ugh. Click on the "look of disapproval".

ಠ_ಠ
Certainly NOT the kind of news any of us were hoping to see. They must have gotten hold of some contaminated food in the training room. Surely they must know the consequences of such activities under a CNS program. I'll wait until the facts are in before I believe they actually did this on purpose KNOWING the probable reaction from CNS...right?

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

Not good at all for 4 players to show up there.

pluckngrit

Suspended
Nov 2, 2003

Anyone have any info on the progression of Brent Calloway and/or Eddie Williams. I've not heard much of anything about these two guys as of late and was wondering if there was any news on them.
nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.