Four Bama football players arrested, are dismissed from team

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

No use even really debating this one. Simple enough:

Just about anyone in this country can be charged with anything at almost any time. In and of itself, it doesn't mean much. If these guys do not do what they are alleged to have done, fair enough, they are the victims and not deserving of any punishment, whether by UA, Coach Saban, or the criminal justice system.

On the other hand, if the allegations are true, especially with respect to the robbery charges, then they have no place in the UA football program and may, depending on the adjudications of the criminal justice system, not have a place walking the streets as free individuals.

Again, no use even really debating it. We'll find out shortly enough where this one is headed.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

multiple arrests for a couple of these kids is unacceptable. GL at georgia southern or millsap

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

I agree we should wait until the facts are in to pass judgement and I'm confident Coach Saban will do just that.
It is not looking good and it is is embarrassing for us and The University but consider how this reflects on the other players on the football team. Those guys have worked hard, achieved great things, and earned respect. They do not deserve to be ridiculed because of the foolish (possible criminal) acts of a few who feel entitled to what others have. They deserve to continue the process with pride and respect. IF the allegations are true the offenders should be tossed quickly. The future of those who do things the right way should be considered above the prospects of dishonest players.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

I doubt that there was any type of weapon used because if there was, they would have charged them with Robbery 1st and not robbery 2nd.
That's just it, though, these men are finely tuned athletes. And in a manner of speaking, against any normal, average sized person, they are, in essense, a weapon. Stronger, faster, cat-like reflexes. With few exceptions, no mere normal, average individual person is going to stand a chance against them. What fear do these athletes have against the average college student?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Brent Calloway is tweeting about it, said he wasn't even awake during the robbery. Hopefully things will get sorted out quickly.
Well, someone has already mentioned that the police like to do a mass arrest, take mug shots THEN worry about the details later. So who knows.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

South Alabama has some scholarship openings.....

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003

If they did it, they're idiots. Did they think they were untouchable or some other such nonsense? If they did it, toss them to the curb. That crap won't be tolerated here.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA

And now this....

Stephanie Taylor ‏@TNews_Steph Arrest warrants: DJ Pettway punched student in the head and face and kicked him in the ribs and back before stealing laptop
Tuscaloosa News crime reporter Stephanie Taylor has been tweeting some informative stuff. Doesn't sound good.

https://twitter.com/TNews_Steph

Here is an example...
Stephanie Taylor said:
Eddie Williams told police that he attacked the second victim while Hayes and Pettway stood by. Knocked him unconscious and stole his wallet
It sounds like they all admitted everything. I wonder if plea deal could be in the works? Even with that, I don't know if we will see these players on the team again.

Last edited:

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

Brent Calloway is tweeting about it, said he wasn't even awake during the robbery. Hopefully things will get sorted out quickly.
guess the weed from 2011 wasn't his either?

unfortunately when you're the top dog you will be scrutinized for any action, or inaction, taken in these circumstances. if you wait for the legal process to weed (pun intended) itself out CNS will be thrashed for inaction and if he dismisses some of these kids he'll be chastised for overreacting

only thing he can do is pull the kids into the office today and trust their word. if they weren't there = obviously no action taken but if they are stealing and beating on fellow students the door should be hitting them in the can

kilgourtroutt

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 3, 2011
Birmingham

Court docs show Williams made a statement admitting to the robbery. He said that he Hays and Pettway beat a guy unconscious and took his wallet. They later used his CC to buy items from a vending machine at the dorm.

Calloway also made a statement that he knowingly used the CC to buy snacks from a vending machine. He knew the card was stolen and used it anyway.

I dont know how many times a day I say this but IF you are ever arrested--KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. Nothing good ever comes of talking to the police when you are under arrest.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

https://twitter.com/TNews_Steph#Eddie Williams told police that he attacked the second victim while Hayes and Pettway stood by. Knocked him unconscious and stole his wallet.

(Someone beat me to it, while I was figuring out how to post it. Old folks.......what are you going to do with us?)

TooFullOfBama

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 6, 2013
Atlanta, GA

This is such sad news. Why in the world would these kids would just throw away their futures on such stupidity is beyond me. They are at the premier college football program in the entire United States under a man who will be known in history as one of the greatest coaches ever to prowl a sideline, on a team that wins championships the same way everyone else eats their morning Cheerios. I just don't get it.

Speaking of Cheerios, if these boys can get out of the deep legal trouble they are in, they ought to at least do Coach Cochran's Breakfast Club at 5:00 am for about 6 consecutive months with only Sundays off. This is the minimum discipline. They likely should lose scholarships.

I hate it when kids toss their opportunities away. I know something about that because I did that when I was at Alabama. I double majored in debauchery and lasciviousness with a minor in concupiscence, with graduate studies in Advanced Beverage Consumption. I got back on track, but it took way too many extra years to compensate. The moral of the story: There is no such thing as a "scenic route" to success in life.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

thx for the link chuck. looking like we'll be down 3 players by week's end

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012

Looks like they all admitted to either the robbery or using the card. This shouldn't take long...

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010

guess the weed from 2011 wasn't his either?

unfortunately when you're the top dog you will be scrutinized for any action, or inaction, taken in these circumstances. if you wait for the legal process to weed (pun intended) itself out CNS will be thrashed for inaction and if he dismisses some of these kids he'll be chastised for overreacting

only thing he can do is pull the kids into the office today and trust their word. if they weren't there = obviously no action taken but if they are stealing and beating on fellow students the door should be hitting them in the can

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I don't think any machines on campus are equipped with credit card (VISA, Mastercard, and/or Discover) readers but only UA ACTion Card (student ID) readers. Still, the cards are bound to a dining dollars and bama cash account which function much the same as a debit card for places across the campus. By definition to the law, it is effectively a debit/credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.