Four Bama football players arrested, are dismissed from team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

I want CNS to be held accountable(to answer to) first and foremost to the kids that were attacked, to the admin, to the alumni(that would be me) that there were no signs as you state above that these football players ever exhibited anything that could of been prevented by their staff and to preclude this event from happening or helping prevent this kind of event of happening in the future. Redoubling their efforts to insure that we are recruiting the highest caliber athlete in terms of character and ability while insuring they are continuing to represent the university in a first class way.
You are demanding the impossible.

Who would judge what behavior was a "sign" of potential bad behavior?

Your criticism of Saban seems a real stretch to me.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

Of course not. By accountable, I mean "answer to" the admin, students, families, alumni. See other posts....
LOL. I know CNS gets treated like a "god" by our fan base, but it sounds like you're saying he should have been omniscient enough to see this coming.

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

According to coaches in high school, this was so unlike Eddie Williams. Is it possible that he could have been using some kind of drug that caused this behavior?
I think it's wrong to say a drug could have caused this, because if a player chose to do drugs, he chose the consequences. However, I think it's a reasonable assumption that some sort of substance came into play here. Something most likely changed in Eddie's life, and perhaps some of the others, and it could very well have been drug use.

I want CNS to be held accountable
I'll stop things right there. Nick Saban is one of, if not the most responsible, accountable coaches in all of sports. He has an excellent track record, he's had a positive influence on many young men's life, and he does not have any sort of history of some of the more negative things that can surround football programs.

Everything thus far indicates Eddie, for some reason, went off the deep end and unfortunately he managed to get a couple cohorts. Horrible actions, unforgivable, but there is no pattern here, and the blame clearly lies on the shoulders of the four player involved. Not Nick Saban, not the victim, not the University. Those four individuals.

Last edited:

RVTIDER

Hall of Fame
Oct 29, 2004
Tuscaloosa, Al.

I VERY rarely post on the football side but I must today and even risk some time off by doing this. There is an idiot among us.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I would like to suggest if we, a bunch of internet fans, are upset, embarrassed and mad about what these four football players did, try multiplying that by a factor of a hundred...and you might approach how tough this must be for Saban to deal with.

Any suggestion that he's not concerned with running a clean program with good quality players is just taking a cheap shot made possible by this horrible night. I'm also certain he's as concerned as any parent is about the well-being of all the students.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL

TideHighFlyer.. Stop man, just stop. That's like someone holding you responsible for something your neighbor did. The responsibility lies within those three (four I should say). Whose brain first initiated such a stupid idea and whether it was influenced by alchohol or drugs is irrelevant to me. There were two others to stop it. How does anyone know they didn't do it before just not get caught. No one except them. This is about men who made a bad choice and going to have to pay the fiddler. This is not grey, it is black and white. They performed a criminal act and now will answer for it.

Last edited:

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

I VERY rarely post on the football side but I must today and even risk some time off by doing this. There is an idiot among us.
BINGO! I was waiting for someone to opine this. I won't declare idiocy, but, somebody's ship is listing severely to the port side.

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A

Good Lord. Here is the definition of accountable of which I speak.

[COLOR=#212121 !important]ac·count·a·ble[/COLOR]

/əˈkountəbəl/

[COLOR=#878787 !important]Adjective[/COLOR]

1. (of a person, organization, or institution) Required or expected to justify actions or decisions; responsible.

I would expect that CNS would be held ACCOUNTABLE to insure that there was nothing in these boys character that they could of foreseen or to prevent this kind of attack. Or if there was, in terms, of Eddie Williams, what were they actively doing help him. That is ALL THAT I am saying. Good Lord!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Hmmmm......

Recent join date. Low post count. Repeated nonsensical calls, essentially for the most accountable, responsible coach in 50 years to prostrate himself to, well, somebody anyway, and cry "Mea maxima culpa," for something his whole process works to prevent.

The clock is running 5...4...3...

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

/əˈkountəbəl/

1. (of a person, organization, or institution) Required or expected to justify actions or decisions; responsible.

I would expect that CNS would be held ACCOUNTABLE to insure that there was nothing in these boys character that they could of foreseen or to prevent this kind of attack. Or if there was, in terms, of Eddie Williams, what were they actively doing help him. That is ALL THAT I am saying. Good Lord!

Are you from AA?

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Re: Four Bama football players arrested...

I don't know what you're thinking, but your posts come off as casting blame on CNS... I'd stop...

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL

/əˈkountəbəl/

I understand what you're saying and given your low post count I would assume you may not have viewed threads on Tidefans very long but the way CNS recruits (talent, character, grades, etc.) has been mentioned on here in various threads in the recruiting and football boards for several years now. The fact that you brought that up at all amazes most of us. That fact is a given with CNS and that is why you are getting the reaction you are from us or me specifically, I can't speak for others. That is why CNS does not like the limited contact with recruits because it hampers his evaluation of the total person.

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A

I think it's wrong to say a drug could have caused this, because if a player chose to do drugs, he chose the consequences. However, I think it's a reasonable assumption that some sort of substance came into play here. Something most likely changed in Eddie's life, and perhaps some of the others, and it could very well have been drug use.

I'll stop things right there. Nick Saban is one of, if not the most responsible, accountable coaches in all of sports. He has an excellent track record, he's had a positive influence on many young men's life, and he does not have any sort of history of some of the more negative things that can surround football programs.

Everything thus far indicates Eddie, for some reason, went off the deep end and unfortunately he managed to get a couple cohorts. Horrible actions, unforgivable, but there is no pattern here, and the blame clearly lies on the shoulders of the four player involved. Not Nick Saban, not the victim, not the University. Those four individuals.
I agree with everything that you said. And as I have said ad nauseam, THE BLAME clearly is placed on these 4 adult men. But I still think CNS should be made to account on what if anything that he knew about the character of these men. Had anything changed while at the university especially with Eddie Williams. If it did, what were they doing about it? Like I said, he is the general and these were four of his "soldiers". and it was a very violent attack. I would expect CNS to address this in a press conference. I would certainly expect this as a parent of one of these students and I would expect it as the President of the University.

bfg3rd

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 13, 2005

The thought that Coach Saban is or should be "held accountable" for this, in any way, shape or form, is the most ridiculous statement I have ever read. Ever.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

I would like to suggest if we, a bunch of internet fans, are upset, embarrassed and mad about what these four football players did, try multiplying that by a factor of a hundred...and you might approach how tough this must be for Saban to deal with.

Any suggestion that he's not concerned with running a clean program with good quality players is just taking a cheap shot made possible by this horrible night. I'm also certain he's as concerned as any parent is about the well-being of all the students.
Not going to read every post in this thread but this is closest I've seen to hitting the mark.

This isn't a Saban thing. It isn't a University thing. This isn't about someone else laying or taking the blame for the actions of others.

This is a personal accountability thing!

As a grandparent who is raising grandchildren I can tell you first hand that as parents no matter how we teach, preach, train, live and provide example they're not going to abide 100% of the time. How many of us have deviated from what we were taught as children? How far off the path did we go, and most times not get caught, doing something we knew was either illegal, immoral or both. I've commited acts I'm completely ashamed of now as I'm sure most of us here have and it wasn't because I didn't get the right parental guidance.

These young men, YES - YOUNG MEN, are responsible for themselves. Whether they had the right upbringing or not they must have at some point in their short collegiate experience realized what thay had. They CHOSE, on more than one occasion in some cases, to deviate from the correct path. They'll soon realize that when they are harshly reminded. Admitting reality and responsibility will be key to their future development as contributors to society.

RTR!!!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

. But I still think CNS should be made to account on what if anything that he knew about the character of these men. Had anything changed while at the university especially with Eddie Williams. If it did, what were they doing about it? .
You just keep repeating the same things over and over. Have you read the various, specific responses to this at all?

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

I agree with everything that you said. And as I have said ad nauseam, THE BLAME clearly is placed on these 4 adult men. But I still think CNS should be made to account on what if anything that he knew about the character of these men. Had anything changed while at the university especially with Eddie Williams. If it did, what were they doing about it? Like I said, he is the general and these were four of his "soldiers". and it was a very violent attack. I would expect CNS to address this in a press conference. I would certainly expect this as a parent of one of these students and I would expect it as the President of the University.
He recruits to a high standard and works hard to identify high character individuals...its an art, not a science, mind you.

As soon as the incident came to light, he announced an indefinite suspension of the 4 players involved, while the appropriate authorities complete a thorough investigation...

He'll make a further determination of their punishment, which I think safely will include expulsion from the Athletics department as well as the university.

Who's not being accountable, here?

Coach Saban didnt attack anyone on campus at 3:30 in the morning, so he's doing exactly what he should be doing at this time.

please, please... find another subject you can build up your post count with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.