Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

69 Unanswered Points in BCS Championship Games-Greatest Bama Statistic Ever?

I was watching the highlight video which was awesome. I saw the graphic at 35-0 against ND where we had scored 69 unanswered points in BCS Championship Games.

I think that one statistic is probably the most dominant statistic in the history of football at any level.

I personally don't think any other team(unless it's us) will ever come within five or six touchdowns of breaking that record.

It's like the eternal statistic of greatness and will probably remain intact two or three hundred years from now.

When you think about it, it's almost downright unbelievable, but we all saw it happen. We're mighty lucky to have witnessed it.

You guys and gals think anybody will ever come close?

RTR!

sip

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: 69 Unanswered Points in BCS Championship Games-Greatest Bama Statistic Ever?

certainly one of those "writ our name in crimson flame" moments.

My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Re: 69 Unanswered Points in BCS Championship Games-Greatest Bama Statistic Ever?

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    certainly one of those "writ our name in crimson flame" moments.
    Great way of looking at it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

At halftime I told an LSU fan I know that Notre Dame is making LSU's championship performance last year look like a gutsy effort.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Anytime 69 is involved, that is a great statistic.
    Lucky #13

My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonChuck View Post
    Anytime 69 is involved, that is a great statistic.
    lol...I would have to concur

That streak included two missed extra points. Could have been 71.

BamaNation First Team

Incredible statistic Sip. Thanks. I'd also like to point out that Saban has coached in 3 BCS National Championship games for Bama, and all 3 were over by halftime. I'm amazed by what our coach has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    I was watching the highlight video which was awesome. I saw the graphic at 35-0 against ND where we had scored 69 unanswered points in BCS Championship Games.

I think that one statistic is probably the most dominant statistic in the history of football at any level.

I personally don't think any other team(unless it's us) will ever come within five or six touchdowns of breaking that record.

It's like the eternal statistic of greatness and will probably remain intact two or three hundred years from now.

When you think about it, it's almost downright unbelievable, but we all saw it happen. We're mighty lucky to have witnessed it.

You guys and gals think anybody will ever come close?

RTR!

sip
    I don't know if anyone will come close, but I sure wish that we had shut N. D. OUT! I know Nico wanted the same thing.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Actually, a just as impressive streak was how long our opponents went in the championship games without scoring.

Texas' last score was 6:15 left in the game. LSU didn't score. Then Notre Dame finally scored with 4:08 left in the 3rd quarter. That is 6:15 + 60 + 41:52.

That's 108:07 total. Or 1 hour 48 minutes and 7 seconds.
    Lucky #13

My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonChuck View Post
    Actually, a just as impressive streak was how long our opponents went in the championship games without scoring.

Texas' last score was 6:15 left in the game. LSU didn't score. Then Notre Dame finally scored with 4:08 left in the 3rd quarter. That is 6:15 + 60 + 41:52.

That's 108:07 total. Or 1 hour 48 minutes and 7 seconds.
    or basically 10 quarters or two and a half games. Amazing.

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Not to throw water on the parade, but teams have gone entire seasons without being scored upon. No doubt that the state of the game has changed tremendously since this was last accomplished, and the feat Bama has accomplished may be the biggest stat since the advent of the forward pass.
    I've read the end of The Book and I know who wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    or basically 10 quarters or two and a half games. Amazing.
    Just a bit under 2 games. It's still mighty impressive; couple that with the points and it is just sick.