Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

69 Unanswered Points in BCS Championship Games-Greatest Bama Statistic Ever?

Impressive stat. If Bama would have kept playing they could have shut them out too.

Playing hard, that is...
    ROLL TIDE!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 69 Unanswered Points in BCS Championship Games-Greatest Bama Statistic Ever?

Quote Originally Posted by jps1983 View Post
    Just a bit under 2 games. It's still mighty impressive; couple that with the points and it is just sick.
    I took the "One hour 48 minutes" and transcribed it to 148 minutes....lol...
    You're right. Not quite two games.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: 69 Unanswered Points in BCS Championship Games-Greatest Bama Statistic Ever?

Alabma has a Great Defense, that's like a law or something but it has been a while since we have seen the kind of fire power on offense like the last2 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlistarWills View Post
    Not to throw water on the parade, but teams have gone entire seasons without being scored upon. No doubt that the state of the game has changed tremendously since this was last accomplished, and the feat Bama has accomplished may be the biggest stat since the advent of the forward pass.
    In three National Championship Games to score 69 unanswered points is a more impressive stat to me. After all you're playing the number one or two ranked team in the nation not the weak sisters of the poor.

BamaNation All-American IMALOYAL1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

69 unanswered points, spanning 3 BCS Championship games will never be broken.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to throw water on the parade, but teams have gone entire seasons without being scored upon. No doubt that the state of the game has changed tremendously since this was last accomplished, and the feat Bama has accomplished may be the biggest stat since the advent of the forward pass.
    But in the BCSCG we were going up against the best competition in the land.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TommyMac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Further proof that even in this age of Star Wars offenses, defense DOES win championships.
    "I'm just a simple plowhand from Arkansas, but I've learned over the years how to hold a team together, how to lift some men up, how to calm others down, until finally they've got one heartbeat, together, a team."

Coach Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

And Cy Young won 511 games so Greg Maddux wasn't a very good pitcher with his 353 or whatever it was.
    :13

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Big A Re: 69 Unanswered Points in BCS Championship Games-Greatest Bama Statistic Ever?

Quote Originally Posted by IMALOYAL1 View Post
    69 unanswered points, spanning 3 BCS Championship games will never be broken.
    Against three undefeated teams, 13-0, 13-0 and 12-0. Wow.
    An atheist is a man who has no invisible means of support. John Buchan

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TommyMac View Post
    Further proof that even in this age of Star Wars offenses, defense DOES win championships.
    Yep! But they'll keep tryingwith offense though! CNS will figure that out too!
    Last edited by JBama_in_PCOLA; February 12th, 2013 at 05:47 AM.
    ROLL TIDE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Yep! But they'll keep tryingwith offense though! CNS will figure that out too!
    If our offensive line falls into place like I think it will there's no telling how awesome our offense can be next year.
    No team in America even comes close to our combination of explosive running backs, receivers, and a QB who can get them the ball.
    When I think of Cooper, Norwood, Black, Jones, Foster, a healthy Deandrew, Kenny Bell and others on the outside and running downfield patterns and routes and AJ launching a long ball off a play fake I envision many TD's of over 30 yards in our future.
    Could be a totally scary offense for other teams to try and defend.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    If our offensive line falls into place like I think it will there's no telling how awesome our offense can be next year.
    No team in America even comes close to our combination of explosive running backs, receivers, and a QB who can get them the ball.
    When I think of Cooper, Norwood, Black, Jones, Foster, a healthy Deandrew, Kenny Bell and others on the outside and running downfield patterns and routes and AJ launching a long ball off a play fake I envision many TD's of over 30 yards in our future.
    Could be a totally scary offense for other teams to try and defend.
    That's my only worry as well. I think the growth our defense will have is gonna be great. With AJ manning the offense and CJ manning the defense we may see "all time great" this year!
    ROLL TIDE!