Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Coach Saban rehires Kevin Steele in off-the-field capacity

There was speculation about Steele coming back on this board, and it is happening. But he won't be an on-the-field coach.

http://coachingsearch.com/component/...in-steele.html

It is believed that Steele will serve in a player personnel role.
    Lucky #13

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Coach Saban rehires Kevin Steele in off-the-field capacity

With the new recruiting rules, Alabama can have as many recruiters on the road it wants. Most likely why Steele was hired.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Is Kevin Steele related to Phil Steele that puts out the College Football Preview?

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    With the new recruiting rules, Alabama can have as many recruiters on the road it wants. Most likely why Steele was hired.
    I don't believe he can be on the road.. that is still just the coaching staff. however the rules say he can contact via social media or phone calls a recruit as much as possible. I haven't seen any rule changes regarding who can be on the road.

BamaNation All-American Airborne Tider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hot on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by dawgsfan1973 View Post
    I don't believe he can be on the road.. that is still just the coaching staff. however the rules say he can contact via social media or phone calls a recruit as much as possible. I haven't seen any rule changes regarding who can be on the road.
    Might be right. Steele didn't like being on the road as much as Nick likes his assistants too. That was part of the reason he left in the first place.
    U.S. Army Pathfinders
    "First In, Last Out"

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Took me a moment to remember who this was. Kirby arrived when Kevin left, did he not?
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw where LSU was interested but chose not to pursue because of the Clemson buy out. I would rather have him on our staff than their's.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPT4Bama View Post
    Took me a moment to remember who this was. Kirby arrived when Kevin left, did he not?
    Kevin and Kirby joined the first initial Saban staff at Bama together....they had titles like Asst Head Coach for Defense and Defensive Coordinator.

Same for the offense...Major was offensive Coord, but Pendry was Asst Head Coach for Offense.

Several reasons apparently Kevin Steele left...one was the workload I believe and the opportunity to trying to implement his own Defense (didnt work out so well)

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

If CNS wants him then welcome back. He may have tried to do things at Clemson thinking he was working with Alabama type players.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Coach Saban is building a massive support personnel group for football. There will be 28 "football only" on staff for support roles in 2013. I assume this is in anticipation of the coming changes with regards to recruiting.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bamablood6 View Post
    Kevin and Kirby joined the first initial Saban staff at Bama together....they had titles like Asst Head Coach for Defense and Defensive Coordinator.

Same for the offense...Major was offensive Coord, but Pendry was Asst Head Coach for Offense.

Several reasons apparently Kevin Steele left...one was the workload I believe and the opportunity to trying to implement his own Defense (didnt work out so well)
    I could have sworn Kirby stayed with the Dolphins one more year before joining Saban at Alabama.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPT4Bama View Post
    I could have sworn Kirby stayed with the Dolphins one more year before joining Saban at Alabama.
    He has been here since the beginning in 2007.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

BamaNation All-SEC Perrett4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneGrad06 View Post
    Coach Saban is building a massive support personnel group for football. There will be 28 "football only" on staff for support roles in 2013. I assume this is in anticipation of the coming changes with regards to recruiting.
    CNS is the master........
    "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1