Link: Coach Saban rehires Kevin Steele in off-the-field capacity

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
With the new recruiting rules, Alabama can have as many recruiters on the road it wants. Most likely why Steele was hired.

dawgsfan1973

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 20, 2012
With the new recruiting rules, Alabama can have as many recruiters on the road it wants. Most likely why Steele was hired.
I don't believe he can be on the road.. that is still just the coaching staff. however the rules say he can contact via social media or phone calls a recruit as much as possible. I haven't seen any rule changes regarding who can be on the road.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
I don't believe he can be on the road.. that is still just the coaching staff. however the rules say he can contact via social media or phone calls a recruit as much as possible. I haven't seen any rule changes regarding who can be on the road.
Might be right. Steele didn't like being on the road as much as Nick likes his assistants too. That was part of the reason he left in the first place.

BamaSam1

Scout Team
Dec 12, 2011
Saw where LSU was interested but chose not to pursue because of the Clemson buy out. I would rather have him on our staff than their's.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Took me a moment to remember who this was. Kirby arrived when Kevin left, did he not?
Kevin and Kirby joined the first initial Saban staff at Bama together....they had titles like Asst Head Coach for Defense and Defensive Coordinator.

Same for the offense...Major was offensive Coord, but Pendry was Asst Head Coach for Offense.

Several reasons apparently Kevin Steele left...one was the workload I believe and the opportunity to trying to implement his own Defense (didnt work out so well)

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
If CNS wants him then welcome back. He may have tried to do things at Clemson thinking he was working with Alabama type players.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
Coach Saban is building a massive support personnel group for football. There will be 28 "football only" on staff for support roles in 2013. I assume this is in anticipation of the coming changes with regards to recruiting.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Kevin and Kirby joined the first initial Saban staff at Bama together....they had titles like Asst Head Coach for Defense and Defensive Coordinator.

Same for the offense...Major was offensive Coord, but Pendry was Asst Head Coach for Offense.

Several reasons apparently Kevin Steele left...one was the workload I believe and the opportunity to trying to implement his own Defense (didnt work out so well)
I could have sworn Kirby stayed with the Dolphins one more year before joining Saban at Alabama.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Coach Saban is building a massive support personnel group for football. There will be 28 "football only" on staff for support roles in 2013. I assume this is in anticipation of the coming changes with regards to recruiting.

I agree. I'm really curious how these rule changes will affect the recruiting circus that already exists. It will be like replacing water bowls with Monster energy drink for a room full of already hyper, annoying, yippee dogs! I think some schools will drive the recruits nuts!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.