opportunity for young players.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
If I recall correctly D Tomlinson had a knee injury playing soccer before he came to BAMA. Looks like he is still sporting a brace on that knee, but if someone at that size could wrestle and play soccer he has to have a high motor. N Suh played soccer until he just out grew it, I hope soccer has the same benefits for D Tomlinson as it did for Suh.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't get the "we don't have a replacement for Pettway." Maybe not the experience, but I'm sure we'll find someone in the bunch that will cover. He was coming along but he still wasn't a starter so there is no major setback.
I meant someone who'd already demonstrated the ability to come in and disrupt the QB on passing downs. I didn't mean that we don't have anyone who could grow into the role. I just meant that we don't have anyone with the demonstrated pass-rushing ability...

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
If I recall correctly D Tomlinson had a knee injury playing soccer before he came to BAMA. Looks like he is still sporting a brace on that knee, but if someone at that size could wrestle and play soccer he has to have a high motor. N Suh played soccer until he just out grew it, I hope soccer has the same benefits for D Tomlinson as it did for Suh.
I think I saw him interviewed after the sec championship game and he said he had taken off the brace and was finally back to 100%.

I meant someone who'd already demonstrated the ability to come in and disrupt the QB on passing downs. I didn't mean that we don't have anyone who could grow into the role. I just meant that we don't have anyone with the demonstrated pass-rushing ability...
Got ya! And you're right, I just wish this topic wouldn't have ever come up. Thing is though it opens the door for someone to step up. Losing that experience does hurt, but I'm sure someone was going to push him this year.

tidefan26

1st Team
Dec 5, 2005
South Alabama
Just to give credit, he was the one who made the stop on the LB for LSU who was running the wildcat on 4th down late in the game. He seems/seemed to have a knack for getting into the backfield regularly. If he was in the game, in that situation, one can guess at what Saban/Smart thought of his abilities. Just projecting what he might have been this year, at least on third down, my opinion is that he will leave a void. It's not insurmountable by any means, but his loss will have an effect, IMHO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.