Texas says they are banning commits visits elsewhere

Ruffian

Oct 21, 2012
Nashville

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I think Coach Saban is doing it the right way. Declaring a formal policy paints yourself into a corner the first time a high profile 5 star recruit calls the bluff. And I do thinks it's a bluff if the recruit is a can't miss prospect.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
its not a rule, its a program guideline. commitments arent even real, so its just a policy of "we'll threaten to pull your scholly offer if you visit elsewhere" How'd that work for UM with Poggi? he basically told them to shove it and they alllowed him to sign anyway.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Demetrius Knox:

I feel like, regardless, if you are committed or not, you should be allowed to take visits and official visits to other colleges because, what happens your freshman and sophomore year if you are at a university and you didn't take those visits?" Knox said. "You might have second thoughts or whatever. If you went on those visits you get to decide what school is best for you so you can never have second thoughts.
It's pretty simple. Don't commit if you're still shopping. Demetrius expects a school to reserve a spot for him while he looks for possibly better alternatives? Ridiculous.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Demetrius Knox:

It's pretty simple. Don't commit if you're still shopping. Demetrius expects a school to reserve a spot for him while he looks for possibly better alternatives? Ridiculous.
I hate to tell mr Knox but it works both ways. If the school does not check out other players at his position they may also feel they made a bad choice in year two or three!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
funny..my goodness ol' Mack is on his last leg
Old Mack just may not be around long enough to enforce this rule/expectation/whatever. This next season could be his last if he doesn't win big.

Commitments are essentially worthless verbal non-sense when you are talking about lots of 16-18 year olds who are very immature.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.