Chances of our winning the SEC tournament!

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Re: Chances of us winning the SEC tournament!

I would say we have a pretty good chance of making the final...then one game...who knows.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: Chances of us wining the SEC tournament!

We gotta lock up one of the double-byes, and then who knows how things could play out?

It is time we added another SECTC though!
Would playing (and winning) one less game be a bad thing if the committee looks at overall record? If we were #3 seed and lost in the semifinals would that be better than being a #2 seed and losing to that same team in the semifinals? Or losing to Florida in the finals and finishing with 22 wins better than finishing with 21 wins?

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Re: Chances of us wining the SEC tournament!

It appears that USC, like most of the SEC teams, does not have decent sized, physical inside players. Bama does well against these types of teams. Arkansas has guards that are comparable to Bama but most SEC teams don't so when Bama doesn't have to contend against strong inside players they do well. Ole Miss, Florida, and UT may be the teams that Bama needs to avoid in the tournament.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
It appears that USC, like most of the SEC teams, does not have decent sized, physical inside players. Bama does well against these types of teams. Arkansas has guards that are comparable to Bama but most SEC teams don't so when Bama doesn't have to contend against strong inside players they do well. Ole Miss, Florida, and UT may be the teams that Bama needs to avoid in the tournament.
Agree. We can't put Moussa and Jacobs on the floor at the same time with Carl gone. Our biggest front is Moussa/Pollard/Cooper. And Pollard is still learning.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
I wish we would develop into a consistent NCAA tourney team. Is our only shot at the NCAA tourney now based on winning the SEC tourney? Or, would wins against the remaining regular season teams and maybe a win or two in the SEC tourney enough to get us in? Wins against Ole Miss and Florida would be good wins for the resume.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The tourney hopes are done without a tourney title. Unfortunate that a pitifully officiated game did their chances in but they created those circumstances. You can be assured that there will be one or two conference games a season where you just get screwed in college basketball...and they left no margin for those one or two games.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I still hold out hope that wins over UF and OM, coupled with a good run in the SEC tourney, might get us in. I don't THINK it will, but I have seen stranger things happen. Updated Bracketology has 4 SEC teams in (UF, Mizzou, UK, OM), so I still hold out hope...

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
We need to crucify Auburn and then beat either Florida or Ole Miss. I think we have a decent chance at Ole Miss and almost no chance at all against Florida at home. If we can finish 20-10 and then win a couple in the SEC Tourney I think we'll get in the dance.
You gotta remember we're not the only bubble team that's still playing. A bunch of those teams are going to lose a few as well.

Tideski

1st Team
Oct 21, 2007
North Alabama
If there is not a serious change on focus and effort, this team goes nowhere. The lack of leadership (including coaching) has been most disappointing. I almost regret agreeing to drive 2 hours to watch Auburn. I guess I will enjoy watching the Auburn student prez sing Yea Alabama and I hope I get a good meal.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Chances of winning the SEC Tourney are slim. Don't think we can beat Florida. Maybe they'll be upset by some one and we can win it all.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I think it really depends on which team shows up and whether they can play at a high level for more than 1 day. I'm hoping we win out and win the SEC tourney. Not much substance, I know; but I can hope anyway. Hopefully we can get a ref crew or 3 that doesn't at least look like they are on the take.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
We need to crucify Auburn and then beat either Florida or Ole Miss. I think we have a decent chance at Ole Miss and almost no chance at all against Florida at home. If we can finish 20-10 and then win a couple in the SEC Tourney I think we'll get in the dance.
You gotta remember we're not the only bubble team that's still playing. A bunch of those teams are going to lose a few as well.
UF has too many horses. They'll wear down the Tide eventually. That said, they are a bad tourney team because they chunk it up waaaaaayyyy to much for the cheap seats. Teams that live and die by the three lose in the big dance. Got to have a post presence because one bad game from outside and you get beat (see Ark.).

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
UF has too many horses. They'll wear down the Tide eventually. That said, they are a bad tourney team because they chunk it up waaaaaayyyy to much for the cheap seats. Teams that live and die by the three lose in the big dance. Got to have a post presence because one bad game from outside and you get beat (see Ark.).
well, we sure dont have a post presence, and our outside shooting isnt consistent night to night either...

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
well, we sure dont have a post presence, and our outside shooting isnt consistent night to night either...
I don't think there is much talk of us actually getting far in the tourney. We're just trying to make it. Florida on the other hand has higher hopes which more than likely will be demolished once they have an off shooting game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.