PSA From an Aggie Regarding Tix to the Sept 14th Game

harleyspoon

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 12, 2012
Guys:

Since there is great anticpation of this game and the worst nosebleed tickets to the game on Stubhub are now going for about $500; I wanted to caution our good friends at Bama about some of the tickets that get sold on Stubhub to Kyle Field. ALL tickets in sections 224 thru 239 and sections 324 thru 339 are student tickets. Most of the tickets in sections 150 thru 157 are student tickets. Since between 30,000 to 35,000 of the 87,000 or so tickets are student tickets....it is likely you will see some of these listed on Stubhub. But be very careful when buying tickets in these sections. You cannot get into the stadium with tickets from these sections unless you have one of two things: (1) a current student ID to Texas A&M or (2) an upgrade sticker that costs $50 that you must purchase at the ticket window to convert these tickets to non-student tickets. Very few tickets sold on Stubhub include this sticker. Additionally, unless you are prepared to stand for the entire game (except when the Bama band is on the field at halftime), bend over for yells about every two minutes and sway back and forth with all of those around you.....sitting in the student section as an opposing fan (particularly if you are older) is not a very pleasant experience. Sitting anywhere else in the stadium amongst non-student Aggie fans should be an extremely pleasant experience. In fact, I'm taking my brother-in-law who was born and raised in Alabama and a life-long Bama fan to the game....he will have a great time sitting amongst non-student Aggies for his first game at Kyle Field.

I'm sorry that I have to post this thread, but amongst any group there are always an unscrupulous few that try to take advantage of others....and yes we have a few of those. It is perfectly legal to sell these student tickets and Stubhub requires it be disclosed if a student ID is required....but it's easy to miss that disclosure when you are buying on stubhub. So look carefully if you buy there or question your ticket broker about the above sections if he tries to sell you a ticket in these sections.

I feel bad that prices have gotten so high, but they started high last year at about $250 for the Florida and LSU games and only went up as the games neared. Our problem is that there are a lot of zealous Aggies and our stadium only seats 84,000 and can grow to about 88,000 with extra seating. With about 35,000 tickets sold to students, and about 8,000 sold to the opposing school...it only leaves about 45,000 for the 400,000 or so living alumni. And since about 70% of the students are used to attending the games as students....there is quite a bit of demand to continue doing so once they graduate. We have started a $450M full renovation of the stadium which amongst other things will increase its capacity to 103,000....but that renovation is phased, will not begin until 11/13 and will not be fully completed until after the 2015 season. So, when you return in 2017....it should be a completely different place and prices should be much lower.

All us Aggies are anxious for the game and are anxious to return the wonderful hospitality we all received in Tuscaloosa in 2012 and hope as many of you as possible make it to the game. But.....note the sections I've listed above and be careful about the tickets you purchase if they are not thru your school. The 12th Man Foundation has just started the season ticket renewal process today....so larger numbers of tickets should be coming to Stubhub etc in the next few weeks.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
Thank you for posting this; that is some very useful information
No lie, but I am sure to forget it come Summer time when I will probably start thinking about getting tickets. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would watch Alabama play football 2 hours from my house in Texas.

squib

1st Team
Sep 24, 2005
I've got two hotel rooms in College Station for Thurs, Fri, Saturday night of the game. What are my odds of swapping one or both for some tickets or discounts?

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
That is really nice and helpful of you to post that info. It'd be great if other fanbases were so nice. Thanks and I hope we return the hospitality in T-town every other year, minus the score of course. All the Aggies I've ever met have been extremely nice and courteous. You are obviously no exception.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
This is one of the reasons I really love Tidefans -- fans from other teams can come here and discuss our respective teams and provide valuable information such as that provided by harleyspoon.

What good A&M fan sites are there?

harleyspoon

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 12, 2012
I've got two hotel rooms in College Station for Thurs, Fri, Saturday night of the game. What are my odds of swapping one or both for some tickets or discounts?
Squib: Those hotel rooms on Friday and Saturday night, particularly if they are at any normal chain hotel, are actually very valuable. The Thursday night rooms aren't worth much. Keep in mind that most Aggies are coming from Houston and Dallas. So the relative value between Friday and Saturday night depends on the game time. If the game time ends up being 2:30/3:30 then the Friday night is the most valuable as everyone will wish to attend Midnight Yell Practice, tailgate the next morning and go to the game. However if it is a night game, folks from Dallas and Houston will tend to forego Friday night and desire to arrive midday, tailgate, go to the game, party at Northgate afterwards and then spend the night.

What happens is that for game weekends the hotels almost triple the nightly rate and require you to purchase at two nights and not just one. I think there are a large number of season ticket holders that would desire to swap a single night plus some cash for a ticket. Probably the best bet for making such a swap would be to go on the "ticket exchange" forum of Texags.com and ask for a swap about six to eight weeks before the game. You will have to figure out how to effect the swap since the hotel usually won't allow folks to transfer the room to another name. But if they are on Texags and have an "Ag" symbol or "12th Man" symbol that means they have been vetted as graduates/members and can be trusted 98% of the time.

For folks that are still looking for a room.....the best bet is really to just stay in a hotel on the northwest side of Houston and pop up to College Station and back for the game. It's only about a seventy minute drive from the northwest side of Houston.

harleyspoon

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 12, 2012
This is one of the reasons I really love Tidefans -- fans from other teams can come here and discuss our respective teams and provide valuable information such as that provided by harleyspoon.

What good A&M fan sites are there?
There honestly is only one site that A&M fans go to and that is TexAgs. Unfortunatley, the free portions of the site are mostly populated by current students and recent grads.....so it can be pretty immature at times and is nicknamed "the zoo." Most Aggies hang out in the premium or "Aggies Only" portion of the site.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Thanks, Harley for the info. The wife and I are coming.....have flights and hotel already....don't have tickets yet! Your info will be helpful.....if you stumble on some extra tkts between now and then, remember me!

Aggie Scott

Scout Team
May 1, 2012
There honestly is only one site that A&M fans go to and that is TexAgs. Unfortunatley, the free portions of the site are mostly populated by current students and recent grads.....so it can be pretty immature at times and is nicknamed "the zoo." Most Aggies hang out in the premium or "Aggies Only" portion of the site.
I agree with Harley, but if you like dishing out smack talk and don't mind taking it you will find texags sec page or the rivals page fun! If you have thick enough skin, you might enjoy it.

squib

1st Team
Sep 24, 2005
February thread....but a friendly bump for those needing tickets as the the date grows nigh.
If you score tickets, I have two rooms in BCS that I am going to have to let go. You can have them at face value. PM me if interested. Thursday through Sunday.

harleyspoon

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 12, 2012
So the only lower deck a&m student seats are in the endzone correct. How bad are the seats in section 148-149?
148 and 149 are perpendicular to the endzone. Those sections are usually visitors tix. I'd try to avoid the first ten rows though as perspective on field in those sections is poor from such a low angle. Field is being lowered about eight feet as part of the $450M in renovations. Those sections were built in 1927. Actually, the only portion of the stands not being torn down is the north end zone.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
Thanks to the antics of a certain spoiled brat QB, it seems there has been a spike in ticket availability!
Word. Just picked up 2 yesterday. Wasn't really thinking of going since my pool and listening to Verne/Gary seem much more stimulating than sitting in that stadium in 90+ degree temps sweating my arse off, but I may change my mind.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.