Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Univ of Tennessee campus ranked one of ugliest in country -- again

Funny thing, the worst experience I've had in that place involved a Bama fan. An older lady sitting in the box seats up and behind me (I wasn't even really in her direct line of sight) was literally yelling at me to sit down after the 2nd play of the game. I ignored her and stayed standing until the "security guard" or whatever came and told me, "I can't make you sit down, but do the right thing man." Sitting down at a football game is doing the right thing? I never have understood the crowd that wants to go to a live football game and sit and be quiet...

That rant aside, Neyland is kind of a dump.
    That's the paradox of success. The moment you stop to enjoy it, you are in trouble. You have to keep moving forward. It's not what you have done that's important. It's where you are going.
    Alabama Coach Nick Saban

2. Advertisement

The guy on the far right hand side of the picture is at least 50% responsible for the ugly campus rating.

Tennessee is so sad at this point it's not even fun making fun of them.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonTusk's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

That article is from 2011?

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by tidefanbeezer View Post
    On a positive note, their stadium was ranked as the top toilet in all of college football.
    Neyland=World's largest double-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by CHATTBRIT View Post
    http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...country-again/

Couldn't help but post this which is just confirmation of what everyone knew already.
    Is it partially ranked the worst because of the dental problems that most fans have? Tooth, instead of teeth?
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

I think that color they use has something to do with the UGLY!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by AlistarWills View Post
    I gotta take you to task on that one Earle. I think we count tickets sold because I've seen quite a few empty seats and the "official attendance" was announced as stadium capacity. It was obvious we weren't counting the number of tickets torn at the gates.
    Counting tickets sold is more honest. I don't know of any other venue that counts the hired help and the athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by AlistarWills View Post
    I gotta take you to task on that one Earle. I think we count tickets sold because I've seen quite a few empty seats and the "official attendance" was announced as stadium capacity. It was obvious we weren't counting the number of tickets torn at the gates.
    You're correct. I just misspoke. We do count tickets sold. We don't count staff and every other living soul in the stadium...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame TexasBama's Avatar

I did not see the list, but TTU has to be there. The place looks like a penitentiary
    Nice people, though
    Last edited by TexasBama; February 16th, 2013 at 09:38 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RJ YellowHammer's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Univ of Tennessee campus ranked one of ugliest in country -- again

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Tide 00 View Post
    Tennessee is so sad at this point it's not even fun making fun of them.
    Bite your tongue. No matter how low they get, I will always enjoy making fun of the Vols.
    "This is not the end. This is the beginning." - Nick Saban, at the 2009 NC celebration at B-D.

Quote Originally Posted by REBELZED View Post
    Funny thing, the worst experience I've had in that place involved a Bama fan. An older lady sitting in the box seats up and behind me (I wasn't even really in her direct line of sight) was literally yelling at me to sit down after the 2nd play of the game. I ignored her and stayed standing until the "security guard" or whatever came and told me, "I can't make you sit down, but do the right thing man." Sitting down at a football game is doing the right thing? I never have understood the crowd that wants to go to a live football game and sit and be quiet...

That rant aside, Neyland is kind of a dump.
    The worst I remember there was when we beat them with Fran. There were a few of us Bama fans scattered around the end zone. It happened that we were sitting near a group of about five or six coeds, who'd been drinking. One of them would turn around at every good thing that happened for Bama or bad for UT and taunt the crowd. Finally, in the second half, the girl had to go to the restroom. A UT matron stood up and refused to let her pass. I thought it was going to develop into a fight. However, the girl turned around and exited the aisle the other way. I sort of held my breath the rest of the game. They had a bunch of security personnel about the size of Junior and Lulu that ringed the field at the end, facing outwards towards the crowd. They really looked grim. Our team didn't want to leave the field. They first went down to the EZ where the band was and then they came up to our end. They must have stayed on the field a good 15-20 minutes, some of them smoking cigars...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Univ of Tennessee campus ranked one of ugliest in country -- again

I almost feel sorry for them...almost.
    "Touch dat thang folk!"
    -Cortney Upshaw