Just broke 1,000 posts

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
Rich did it to me when I passed either 15 or 20K posts and I wasn't bragging - I just responded to a remark a member made about my post count. Back then, the only way to get a personalized avatar, and I had one - a pic of me, was painful and complicated. It had to be sent via FTP and Brett had to size it, etc. He was apologetic when I explained the consequences... :D
Hey Earle, remember the great TF meltdown of '99? That was fun. Is there any way to restore the pre-meltdown posts?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
What meltdown of 99? I got here in March of 2000. In fact, I was on here because the Tide was in the NIT and some smarty pants up in Michigan invoked George Wallace and racism before the NIT Final Four. I also met bayoutider on another board, and he told me about here. Wound up getting a great copy of the 1991 MSU game from a feller in TX.

I haven't read the rules since day one, so I wasn't aware of the post count rule. It seems to me the three unmentionables on TF are anything to do with Saban's immediate predecessor, discussion of moderator action, and post count.

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
What meltdown of 99? I got here in March of 2000.
If you notice on several people's profiles it says they all joined on October 13, 1999. In actuality the site is older than that but there was a meltdown that caused everyone to re-register so all the existing users got the same registration date. I'm not sure what the problem was. One of the original mods will have to inform us as to what the deal was with that. Anyways, you are spot on with those unwritten rules... RTR

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Historically, post count announcements generally carry the same regard by our mods as one would get by CNS for asking for a depth chart around about the 3rd week of August, or so. :eek2:

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
Have to say that this has made my day. I need entertainment in the off season. Yes I know it is basketball season. But in Memphis we get Ole .... and South Carolina instead of Bama Mississippi State. However, after last night I assume that the Ole Sis Brown Bears will be relegated to non tv again.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Maybe we need to set up a Pay Pal account for him so we can get him set up on a paid barner board.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I'm thinking the OP is pretty comfortable with the barn avatar. No groveling. No mea culpas. No begging on virtual bended knee. This simply will not do.
Please be assured I am deeply regretful of my post. It has been difficult to log on my personal comp to change my avatar partially because I dry heave until my eyes water every time i see it and partially because this is a busy time of the year as an accountant. I am presently huddled in the corner of a bathroom stall at my client's in utter shame.

:-(..... Yes that is drool

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Please be assured I am deeply regretful of my post. It has been difficult to log on my personal comp to change my avatar partially because I dry heave until my eyes water every time i see it and partially because this is a busy time of the year as an accountant. I am presently huddled in the corner of a bathroom stall at my client's in utter shame.

:-(..... Yes that is drool
How cute! He thinks he has the ability to change that ugly avatar back to something socially acceptable. Once that sucker gets changed by an admin, you're stuck until the groveling and self-flagellation makes us happy. Since you're so busy, I reckon we'll see you after tax season. That will give you plenty of time to compose a post worthy of earning back an acceptable avatar. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.