Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Re: Just broke 1,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lost in TN View Post
    First rule of Tidefans Posts, is don't talk about Tidefans Posts........
    You just did.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    What meltdown of 99? I got here in March of 2000.
    If you notice on several people's profiles it says they all joined on October 13, 1999. In actuality the site is older than that but there was a meltdown that caused everyone to re-register so all the existing users got the same registration date. I'm not sure what the problem was. One of the original mods will have to inform us as to what the deal was with that. Anyways, you are spot on with those unwritten rules... RTR
    Order Of Operations: Run the football, score TD's, humiliate opposing offenses, win games, embarrass Auburn.

That was The Big One, but iirc we had another meltdown about 11 or 12 years ago.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RollinTider1335 View Post
    I now have 2 rules that I will live my life by:

1. Do not under any circumstance post thread count topics.
    2. Don't smoke crack.

These should be adequate for a long, fruitful life.
    ..cool...by the way how many posts are you back up to now?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBama View Post
    Hey Earle, remember the great TF meltdown of '99? That was fun. Is there any way to restore the pre-meltdown posts?
    No, the DB was lost forever...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    ..cool...by the way how many posts are you back up to now?
    That's just cruel. And to think I tried to start a "Free Sip" campaign when you were so pitiful

BamaNation All-American 1FitToBeTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Historically, post count announcements generally carry the same regard by our mods as one would get by CNS for asking for a depth chart around about the 3rd week of August, or so.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

BamaNation First Team Lost in TN's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Have to say that this has made my day. I need entertainment in the off season. Yes I know it is basketball season. But in Memphis we get Ole .... and South Carolina instead of Bama Mississippi State. However, after last night I assume that the Ole Sis Brown Bears will be relegated to non tv again.

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I'm thinking the OP is pretty comfortable with the barn avatar. No groveling. No mea culpas. No begging on virtual bended knee. This simply will not do.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahDare View Post
    I'm thinking the OP is pretty comfortable with the barn avatar. No groveling. No mea culpas. No begging on virtual bended knee. This simply will not do.
    He better like it - without the public groveling it will be with him forever...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    He better like it - without the public groveling it will be with him forever...
    I think we need 500 words on what he has learned from this faux pas.
    Order Of Operations: Run the football, score TD's, humiliate opposing offenses, win games, embarrass Auburn.

Maybe we need to set up a Pay Pal account for him so we can get him set up on a paid barner board.

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Just broke 1,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahDare View Post
    Please be assured I am deeply regretful of my post. It has been difficult to log on my personal comp to change my avatar partially because I dry heave until my eyes water every time i see it and partially because this is a busy time of the year as an accountant. I am presently huddled in the corner of a bathroom stall at my client's in utter shame.

:-(..... Yes that is drool