Just broke 1,000 posts

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
Honestly, I'm not trying to rag on the original poster (he's got enough troubles with that hideous avatar), but how do you get to 1,000 posts without knowing the score on this. Obviously, he's not the first and won't be the last, but still... What's the highest post count anyone has bragged about and gotten zapped? Does anybody know?

it happens... sometimes it is worth it :biggrin:

the mods struck me down about 2 weeks before the iron bowl a couple yrs ago. i could tolerate it up until the day before the game and went straight past groveling to bribery, cutting off of my pinky finger, and promising to name my first-born VJannadaudio..

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
At the rate I post, I'll be senile by the time I hit 1K. And seeing as I have the attention span of a Black Lab in a pet store, I'm pretty certain I'll have forgotten by then. But I will try very very hard to remember not to brag about my post count in the future. Wait, what were we talking about again?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
At the rate I post, I'll be senile by the time I hit 1K. And seeing as I have the attention span of a Black Lab in a pet store, I'm pretty certain I'll have forgotten by then. But I will try very very hard to remember not to brag about my post count in the future. Wait, what were we talking about again?
Man you don't want that avatar even if you have senility. That's a bad way to get progressively worse. I learned my lesson from seeing someone else suffer the pitfalls of enumeration (whatever that means).

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I remember thinking about getting to the magic post.
Fortunately I forgot about it before I could get there.
NOW YOU KNOW POST CONTENT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN COUNT...
It's a tough way to learn... ;)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I was not aware it was a no-no to start a thread about post totals. That isn't something I'd do anyway, but I darn sure won't do it now.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
I was not aware it was a no-no to start a thread about post totals. That isn't something I'd do anyway, but I darn sure won't do it now.
Don't never mention it anywhere. He'll be back to normal as soon as he's begged and publicly apologized enough.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Honestly, I'm not trying to rag on the original poster (he's got enough troubles with that hideous avatar), but how do you get to 1,000 posts without knowing the score on this. Obviously, he's not the first and won't be the last, but still... What's the highest post count anyone has bragged about and gotten zapped? Does anybody know?
I was here eleven years and let's just say I royally messed up the same way. Not so long ago.

I'd like to have a machine that could measure a person's psyche hooked up when they sign on and see that Barn avatar and reset number the first time. The psychological reaction is second only to the guy waking up with the dead horse head in his bed.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I was here eleven years and let's just say I royally messed up the same way. Not so long ago.

I'd like to have a machine that could measure a person's psyche hooked up when they sign on and see that Barn avatar and reset number the first time. The psychological reaction is second only to the guy waking up with the dead horse head in his bed.
Some may go as far as to say they would prefer the horse head! You spend about a year posting at least 3 posts a day, and it all gets snatched up in the blink of a click. I felt queesy when I got hit.

Because 1000 posts is an accomplishment, and something to be proud, you begin to get a little recognition, some stability in yo Internet life. And then BAM! No mas.. Lol

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Rich did it to me when I passed either 15 or 20K posts and I wasn't bragging - I just responded to a remark a member made about my post count. Back then, the only way to get a personalized avatar, and I had one - a pic of me, was painful and complicated. It had to be sent via FTP and Brett had to size it, etc. He was apologetic when I explained the consequences... :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.