Chances of Mario Cristobal succeeding Saban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
While I join with the crowd in disbelief at the idea of this thread, I will say that I think Mario Cristobal was a good head coach and it is absolutely ridiculous that FIU fired him. Especially for Ron Turner.

TooFullOfBama

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 6, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Not that what I think really has any meaningful relevance, but right now I firmly believe that one of the main reasons Kirby Smart has not gone anywhere is that he is being groomed to take Nick's place. And everybody that needs to know for certain does, indeed, know for certain about that. Just my own SWAG.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
While I join with the crowd in disbelief at the idea of this thread, I will say that I think Mario Cristobal was a good head coach and it is absolutely ridiculous that FIU fired him. Especially for Ron Turner.
This............... but to respond to the original question....

His chances are better right now this minute than they ever have been in his life.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Please lock this thread now! In fact, please OMIT it, if possible. Don't let it see the light of day.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I think this is a huge hire, but I'm still on the Kirby train. Yea I know our track record hasn't been good with assistants but I think Kirby is the exception.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If we're going that route of hiring within "The Process" or coaching staff I should say..My money would be on Coach Smart..He's the one that could build off what Coach Saban has started at Bama..I'm good with that if it works out that way..Lots of folks will disagree with that..I can respect that as well..

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
My answer would be "no".

I'm also happy to participate in fantasy threads as long as someone eventually includes Unicorns.
Oh, and maybe some glitter as well.

I do love the off season. :biggrin:

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Where's that guy who likes it when you can work Monty Python into a football thread? Cue obligatory "Dennis Moore" refrain..............

"Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore, dum-de-dum-de-dum-dum.
Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore, de-dum-de-de-de-dum-dum-dum.
He dum-de-de-dum-dum, and he dum-de-de-dum-dum.
Dennis Moore................Dennis Moore................
Dum-dum-dum!"

Hey...........it is the off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.