Manziel Taking All On-Line Classes-Fishy?

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Online classes and degrees are common now days. Not really sure if it should be a big deal.

Gibson09

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 5, 2010
Who cares. The least he's on campus the more time he has to goof off, not pratice, not be focused, or get in trouble. The longer he stays away from the program the more likely he is going to have a 2nd year slump.

I understand that but it seems to me that a football player should be on campus. I mean, Coach Saban will suspend a kid for missing classes.
Just seems a bit odd to me.
It's not really odd when you look at things from the other perspective: Manziel being a physical distraction in actual classes.

I don't blame him for getting away from that.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I just can't wait to see if the Manziel this year is the same one as last year. Fame accolades and attention CAN change people.

PS Let my "mooooo" lesson be a lesson for everyone.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
Who cares. The least he's on campus the more time he has to goof off, not pratice, not be focused, or get in trouble. The longer he stays away from the program the more likely he is going to have a 2nd year slump.
Probably exact opposite I bet. He will probably camp out at the football complex if he doesn't have class and watch film/work out. I thought he was pretty close to wrapping up his degree anyway.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Rule Number One - Alabama fans are NOT the Barn fans.

Those imbeciles have NINE threads on the first page on one of their boards about the campus assault, replete with allegations about how we pay players and this is all getting swept under the rug along with a Tide player as the getaway driver in the SUV.

Let's not start the crickets chirping. And btw - I've never once seen where the fact a player was paid ever made a tackle, forced a fumble or scored a TD. Not accusing anyone or defending it - I'm just saying.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Probably exact opposite I bet. He will probably camp out at the football complex if he doesn't have class and watch film/work out. I thought he was pretty close to wrapping up his degree anyway.

I thought he was a RS Freshman? Can they do that after such a short time? That kid is totally phenomenal! There must be three or four people taking his online classes for him (JK). I think his family could afford it though, if he were crooked. IF!

Roll Tide!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't have a problem with it. Like some have said, he'd be a distraction in the classroom because of his popularity. I've taken several online courses in my four years of school. Why can't Johnny Manziel?

The Yahoo writer should read those tweets again. Manziel is going to be on campus for football activities. He's only going to be on campus for classes once a month.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
I was reading where Johnny Football is taking all on-line classes and will only be on campus one time a month.
Seems to me like the NCAA shouldn't allow something like this.
I'm not saying it will happen but wouldn't that make it mighty easy for someone to take your classes for you?
sip

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...ine-courses-only-campus-233900102--ncaaf.html
I guess it depends on the class. I took some online courses where you had to take tests in a proctored room, while others you do from home open book. I imagine when he gets into his 400 level classes he'll have to start attending classes on campus.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
I just can't wait to see if the Manziel this year is the same one as last year. Fame accolades and attention CAN change people.

PS Let my "mooooo" lesson be a lesson for everyone.
Would you mind not posting until you can beg someone to change that butt-ugly avatar?!?!:)

Not a problem for me as far as the on-line classes, BTW. I'm guessing it's legal or he wouldn't be able to do it and talk about it.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I would be concerned as a coach if I didn't trust the player as a student. I imagine some of this decision was based on Manziel's celebrity on campus. They might want to shelter him from the constant attention of fellow students.

Online classes aren't much of a joke anymore. The systems are pretty well cultivated now and the higher bandwidth available to the masses allows for things like recorded lectures. In fact, I have found online classes more tedious because they rely on constant assignment busy work as a equivalence to attendance.

Again, as a coach, I'd be very careful in who I let go this route because you can dig yourself quite a hole if you blow off the online coursework. I do imagine that this decision was made to shelter Manziel though not to keep him eligible with shady methods.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Would you mind not posting until you can beg someone to change that butt-ugly avatar?!?!:)

Not a problem for me as far as the on-line classes, BTW. I'm guessing it's legal or he wouldn't be able to do it and talk about it.
Pretty sure it's legal. I just think an athlete should have to attend classes. Guess I'm just old school lol

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.