Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: ESPN reporting Miami accused of lack of control

Quote Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
    We all know that the NCAA doesn't have to have real evidence.

And what "evidence" they have doesn't necessarily have to be thrown out. This is not a court of law. They can pick and choose what "evicence" they like. It figures that Miami will, however, benefit from the NCAA's own stupidity.
    All very true. The only standard they're held to is just to follow their own rules. They didn't even do that, in our case...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

U Miamai vs NZAA . . . Hope for mutual destruction.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Well, it's official. Mark Richt has lost control of the University of Miami.
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    The U should consider themselves lucky then. We didn't get that standard with Means or Jelks.
    Oh I agree. Was outraged for us then and am outraged for them now.

This case, just like ours, proves that the NCAA decides what you are guilty of and then works to find ways to back up their conclusions with evidence. If they can't find evidence they make it up, ignore their rules and move the goal posts. Nothing new here at all other than that they got caught. Investigations should start with evidence and then draw conclusions, theirs start with conclusions and fill in evidence.

I am no fan of Shalala but I am glad she is there. The media loves her. The shenanigans the NCAA pulls needs to be exposed. Because of Donna S it will be.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RJ YellowHammer's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

ESPN reporting Miami accused of lack of control

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...ation&id=77039

Whatever happens to Miami, some good has come out of this investigation. Public perception has finally started to turn. Everyone else is beginning to realize what we've known for decades. The NCAA does whatever the hell they want to whenever they want to. It's full of bitter, incompetent people with axes to grind and the resources to grind them.

I'd be shocked if any major changes actually happen up there in Indianapolis, but there needs to be some. The President of the organization has no problem defending himself by saying he didn't know about the improprieties That happened during the investigation of Miami. But that wouldn't be good enough for a member institution. Would it? I don't find it funny that the definition of what I consider to be "lack of institutional control" is what goes on in the place that's always hurling the allegation around.
    "This is not the end. This is the beginning." - Nick Saban, at the 2009 NC celebration at B-D.

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

If Miami gets off with no punishment, then Alabama was treated unfairly and so was USCw. We should get ALL our victories back! Plus at least several $Billion$ from the NCAA for transgressions against UA!!!!!!!

If Miami gets off with no punishment, then anything should be legal and there should be no compliance policies for any University!!!!!!!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I am ready for the NCAA to get this Miami thing over with and move on to the barn. That investigation has been way to quiet for a while.

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamachile View Post
    Well, it's official. Mark Richt has lost control of the University of Miami.
    he did coach there as an assistant at one point, If I recall. or i could be thinking about someone else.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It would be near criminal for the NCAA to levy major punishment from findings in an investigation where the NCAA president publicly admonished his investigators and fired his VP of Enforcement. It is darn near equivalent to courts convicting a man of a charge where the police department over the investigation was found to violate a multitude of laws in extracting evidence.

I know the NCAA is not the same as the courts but I feel the same spirit of honesty in the process applies. Many guilty men have went free because law enforcement broke trivial laws or simply went past the bounds of the warrant without knowing it.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    It would be near criminal for the NCAA to levy major punishment from findings in an investigation where the NCAA president publicly admonished his investigators and fired his VP of Enforcement. It is darn near equivalent to courts convicting a man of a charge where the police department over the investigation was found to violate a multitude of laws in extracting evidence.

I know the NCAA is not the same as the courts but I feel the same spirit of honesty in the process applies. Many guilty men have went free because law enforcement broke trivial laws or simply went past the bounds of the warrant without knowing it.

My understanding is that even without the additional evidence, the NCAA feels they have a very strong case. And as an outsider who's just been casually watching the allegations etc. for the past few years... I am leaning on the side of UM deserves whatever they get. The whole reason Emmert was furious about the mistakes on the NCAA's part is because the evidence is apparently quite *inappropriate word that means something along the lines of supreme guilt*. If they can make a reasonable case even without the tainted evidence, then they should ready the cannons and come down hard.

Quote Originally Posted by DocCrimson View Post
    My understanding is that even without the additional evidence, the NCAA feels they have a very strong case. And as an outsider who's just been casually watching the allegations etc. for the past few years... I am leaning on the side of UM deserves whatever they get. The whole reason Emmert was furious about the mistakes on the NCAA's part is because the evidence is apparently quite *inappropriate word that means something along the lines of supreme guilt*. If they can make a reasonable case even without the tainted evidence, then they should ready the cannons and come down hard.
    as far as I am concerned the tainted evidence needs to go right into the garbage bin and they need to allow an outside group such as one of the big 4 (5/6?) accounting firms to do an independent review of the legally obtained evidence. If there is something there, fine. If not, let em walk.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

In the Means saga, we were hung out to dry by 'Secret Witnesses who were drunks and liars.
    AKA... Tennessee Stud and Phat Phil...
    The NCAA will do as they will.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    he did coach there as an assistant at one point, If I recall. or i could be thinking about someone else.
    That was Florida St.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson