Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Info about Clay Travis

Clay Travis is on a daily radio show here in Nashville. I sometimes listen to this show....last week he went nuts IMO and called all Bama fans dumb. His commentary got me pretty peeved and I thought about calling in but decided to let it go due to my belief he is an idiot and would only get my BP up for nothing. My question is this.....I remember his name on a thread in this forum a while back and that he had also riled up some folks on here....what was that all about??
    "Joe Biden....the intellect of the Democratic Party" --Clint Eastwood

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Info about Clay Travis

Quote Originally Posted by NashTIDE View Post
    Clay Travis is on a daily radio show here in Nashville. I sometimes listen to this show....last week he went nuts IMO and called all Bama fans dumb. His commentary got me pretty peeved and I thought about calling in but decided to let it go due to my belief he is an idiot and would only get my BP up for nothing. My question is this.....I remember his name on a thread in this forum a while back and that he had also riled up some folks on here....what was that all about??
    He is the definition of a shock jock pot stirrer. Not a lot of substance to most of his articles and analysis, but he tries to make his name slamming Alabama and stirring up conspiracies. He is a Vandy grad and a Tennessee fan. I think the thought of most Bama fans at this point is that it's better to ignore him and not give clicks to his articles. He thrives off of the back and forth and trying to make himself seem more intelligent through bickering... clearly a sign of a lack of thereof.

He's the same guy who asked Tebow about his virginity at media days if that gives you any indication of his sterling credentials.

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by NashTIDE View Post
    you need to know nothing about him other than he's a Ut fan, and total jerk, I'd use other words but they aren't allowed on this board. he's a narcissist, wrote a book one time that he claims was "popular in England" but didnt sell in the states, so i imagine he had a really hot girlfriend when he was in high school but she lived in Canada. He owns his own website and resorts to the lowest of the low to attract readership. He lacks the basic journalism ethics that even a guy like Finebaum has. He's all the scum of strip mall lawyer combined with the lack of class of a shock jock, mixed in with the general loser tendencies of a vols fan.

He has a weekly spot on the roundtable because Lance Taylor is his boyfriend. When they call him out on his crap, he always finds a way to crawfish out of it by splitting hairs, lying or just being the coward that he is. Otherwise it'd be nice to hear Dunaway or Brown make him pay for making accusations and writing articles after doing no fact checking what so ever, but since he will never admit that he was wrong then its a waist of local radio space.

If you hear him coming on the radio anywhere change the station, you'll get nothing but lies and a headache.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

BamaNation First Team

I'm well-aware that the overwhelming majority of our fan-base dislikes him (and that's being kind). I rarely agree with him, and maybe it's just me, but I get a kick out of some of the stuff he says. Like in August he predicted that it would be a "USC(Southern Cal) Vs. USC(South Carolina) National Title," "Tyler Bray is a sure-fire 1st round pick," "Tennessee would beat UF (this past September) 45-10," etc.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

If Clay Travis had twice the intelligence he actually possesses, he'd fit in at Auburn quite well.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

He was an attorney in the Virgin Islands at one time but basically got run off. You might find this link informative...

LINK
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    you need to know nothing about him other than he's a Ut fan, and total jerk, I'd use other words but they aren't allowed on this board. he's a narcissist, wrote a book one time that he claims was "popular in England" but didnt sell in the states, so i imagine he had a really hot girlfriend when he was in high school but she lived in Canada. He owns his own website and resorts to the lowest of the low to attract readership. He lacks the basic journalism ethics that even a guy like Finebaum has. He's all the scum of strip mall lawyer combined with the lack of class of a shock jock, mixed in with the general loser tendencies of a vols fan.

He has a weekly spot on the roundtable because Lance Taylor is his boyfriend. When they call him out on his crap, he always finds a way to crawfish out of it by splitting hairs, lying or just being the coward that he is. Otherwise it'd be nice to hear Dunaway or Brown make him pay for making accusations and writing articles after doing no fact checking what so ever, but since he will never admit that he was wrong then its a waist of local radio space.

If you hear him coming on the radio anywhere change the station, you'll get nothing but lies and a headache.
    I live in Canada, Poke, and I actually know her.

She lives right next door to Teo's girlfriend...

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Info about Clay Travis

He's a pot-stirrer who actually has interesting thoughts at times. But he's so busy trying to be the class-clown that his half-way decent stuff gets lost in the shuffle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Please enough talk about Travis, Im trying to eat lunch.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

I thought with a name like that he would be a CW singer, they all look and sound alike.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Second Team WalkaboutSean's Avatar

He once labelled Coach Bryant a racist.

That was the last time I read anything he wrote.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamanut_aj View Post
    He's a pot-stirrer who actually has interesting thoughts at times. But he's so busy trying to be the class-clown that his half-way decent stuff gets lost in the shuffle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not defending Travis at all because I can't stand him. However, AJ nails it. Travis has some good ideas but worries too much about being funny.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame GreatDanish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Not defending Travis at all because I can't stand him. However, AJ nails it. Travis has some good ideas but worries too much about being funny.
    I will go a step further. I think Clay is a very intelligent and smart person whose main goal in life is to get attention. He has done that very well. For his age, he is one of the most well-known sports talk show hosts in the Southeast.
    He is intelligent, but not very wise.