My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Info about Clay Travis

"Gruden to UT! Gruden to UT!"

lol

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    He was an attorney in the Virgin Islands at one time but basically got run off. You might find this link informative...

Thanks for the link. Clay Travis is an item that just cant be polished IMO!!
    "Joe Biden....the intellect of the Democratic Party" --Clint Eastwood

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I must have been in a daze this morning when I heard Danny Ainge's show calling us cheaters & the 4 just the tip of the iceberg because we hide the rest.

These people are just sick, I will not knowingly click CT link, and they should come with a warning when posted here.

BamaNation First Team

Never heard of Clay Travis until I read this thread. Did 5 minutes of research and found an interview in which he said before the title game that Notre Dame would have been 7th best in the SEC (after the game he admitted he had them a little overrated). He also said Coach Saban was probably the best college football coach of all time. He said it is totally stupid that there was ever even a story about what Musberger said about AJ's girl, as in, since when is it offensive to say someone is beautiful!?!?!? He went on to say AJ shouldn't even have a girlfriend right now and should be trying to get all the college booty he can while he is there.

So, maybe he is a douche-bag, but it's not like he don't know what's going on. Just saying...

BamaNation First Team gtowntide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I won't open any links to his site. He's basically is a flame thrower. No reason to take him as a serious journalist.
    Last edited by gtowntide; February 20th, 2013 at 07:29 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

If you had a choice between a weekend with Travis or a weekend with Sandusky, you'd pick Sandusky.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSully View Post
    Never heard of Clay Travis until I read this thread. Did 5 minutes of research and found an interview in which he said before the title game that Notre Dame would have been 7th best in the SEC (after the game he admitted he had them a little overrated). He also said Coach Saban was probably the best college football coach of all time. He said it is totally stupid that there was ever even a story about what Musberger said about AJ's girl, as in, since when is it offensive to say someone is beautiful!?!?!? He went on to say AJ shouldn't even have a girlfriend right now and should be trying to get all the college booty he can while he is there.

So, maybe he is a douche-bag, but it's not like he don't know what's going on. Just saying...

maybe you should read about how he had proof that Gruden accepted the UT job, or when he had "proof" that Julio Jones was getting free suits from Ttown Menswear, or when he asked Tim Tebow if he was a virgin at SEC media days in order to get his name out there, or when he promised UA fans that Lane Kiffin was a better coach than Saban.....
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Info about Clay Travis

Clay seems to believe that just because you have money, an education, and an opinion that you have class and character. He lacks in both of the latter and excels at being an elitist snob and consistently sounding ignorant.

I have never and most likely will never go to his site because I don't like supporting him. I hear him on the radio but don't like to listen because he feels like he has to have an opinion just to have one. It really has nothing to do with his comments about Bama.
    Last edited by RollinTider1335; February 21st, 2013 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    you need to know nothing about him other than he's a Ut fan, and total jerk, I'd use other words but they aren't allowed on this board. he's a narcissist, wrote a book one time that he claims was "popular in England" but didnt sell in the states, so i imagine he had a really hot girlfriend when he was in high school but she lived in Canada. He owns his own website and resorts to the lowest of the low to attract readership. He lacks the basic journalism ethics that even a guy like Finebaum has. He's all the scum of strip mall lawyer combined with the lack of class of a shock jock, mixed in with the general loser tendencies of a vols fan.

He has a weekly spot on the roundtable because Lance Taylor is his boyfriend. When they call him out on his crap, he always finds a way to crawfish out of it by splitting hairs, lying or just being the coward that he is. Otherwise it'd be nice to hear Dunaway or Brown make him pay for making accusations and writing articles after doing no fact checking what so ever, but since he will never admit that he was wrong then its a waist of local radio space.

If you hear him coming on the radio anywhere change the station, you'll get nothing but lies and a headache.
    I know a lot of folks like it, but the Roundtable, for the most part, comes across as a bunch of overgrown teenagers to me. Clay Travis fits right in. "Club LT" . Gimme a break!

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    I know a lot of folks like it, but the Roundtable, for the most part, comes across as a bunch of overgrown teenagers to me. Clay Travis fits right in. "Club LT" . Gimme a break!
    And it is still A MILLION TIMES better than any other sports radio in Birmingham.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDanish View Post
    I will go a step further. I think Clay is a very intelligent and smart person whose main goal in life is to get attention. He has done that very well. For his age, he is one of the most well-known sports talk show hosts in the Southeast.
    He is intelligent, but not very wise.
    The dude is only like 24-25 years old. That's the problem with youth experiencing so much success so soon. They never really know how to handle it and it shoots straight to their head.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by We_are_Bama View Post
    The dude is only like 24-25 years old. That's the problem with youth experiencing so much success so soon. They never really know how to handle it and it shoots straight to their head.
    Yeah, Clay Travis is 33.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame GulfCoastTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    Ornery on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by NashTIDE View Post
    Clay Travis is on a daily radio show here in Nashville. I sometimes listen to this show....last week he went nuts IMO and called all Bama fans dumb. His commentary got me pretty peeved and I thought about calling in but decided to let it go due to my belief he is an idiot and would only get my BP up for nothing. My question is this.....I remember his name on a thread in this forum a while back and that he had also riled up some folks on here....what was that all about??
    I didn't see in the thread where your question was answered.

Travis is the gossip blogger that the BAMBI crowd (that's the Bureau of Auburn Message Board Investigation) went to when they pulled all of those facebook pictures off of the T-Town Menswear facebook page. He and Brooks then proceeded to stir up a crap storm, claiming that Alabama was in violation of NCAA rules and that the players were ineligible because the store owner had used them to promote his store.

The University promptly killed the story by producing Cease & Desist correspondence that they had sent the owner months before the photos came to light.

Next, he posted several other photos that he claimed were taken at a Birmingham mall kiosk displaying jerseys of current Alabama players for sale, claiming that this was also a violation. As it turns out, they were officially licensed products being sold legally by the Bama Fever Store in Tuscaloosa.

That whole T-Town Menswear episode shattered what credibility Travis and Brooks had left.

But they didn't stop there. Both eagerly posted pictures of vehicles being driven by Alabama players, all taken by Bunker BAMBI's who were stalking our guys to get the "evidence" that the bams was cheatin, Paul!

Finebaum used to have both on his show from time to time but after all that went down, even he won't touch them any more.
    “Lamar Thomas has got it, he's on his way down the sidelines... George Teague runs him down! He took the ball away!!! HE'S GOT THE BALL!!!"

Thread deleted by SavannahDare
    Reason: Dude! Coach Saban would sooner die than tweet.