Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 49
  1. #27
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    15,158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Info about Clay Travis

    Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastTider View Post
    I didn't see in the thread where your question was answered.

    Travis is the gossip blogger that the BAMBI crowd (that's the Bureau of Auburn Message Board Investigation) went to when they pulled all of those facebook pictures off of the T-Town Menswear facebook page. He and Brooks then proceeded to stir up a crap storm, claiming that Alabama was in violation of NCAA rules and that the players were ineligible because the store owner had used them to promote his store.

    The University promptly killed the story by producing Cease & Desist correspondence that they had sent the owner months before the photos came to light.

    Next, he posted several other photos that he claimed were taken at a Birmingham mall kiosk displaying jerseys of current Alabama players for sale, claiming that this was also a violation. As it turns out, they were officially licensed products being sold legally by the Bama Fever Store in Tuscaloosa.

    That whole T-Town Menswear episode shattered what credibility Travis and Brooks had left.

    But they didn't stop there. Both eagerly posted pictures of vehicles being driven by Alabama players, all taken by Bunker BAMBI's who were stalking our guys to get the "evidence" that the bams was cheatin, Paul!

    Finebaum used to have both on his show from time to time but after all that went down, even he won't touch them any more.
    You don't need credibility to get page views.

    I thought the mall story was the other way around - he thought they were being sold in Tuscaloosa but it turned out the floor pattern was recognized as being the Galleria.

    Either way, I do remember him burying his head in the sand when the mistake was pointed out.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

    -Bill Belichick

  2. Advertisement
  3. #28
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    19,604
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Info about Clay Travis

    Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastTider View Post
    I didn't see in the thread where your question was answered.

    Travis is the gossip blogger that the BAMBI crowd (that's the Bureau of Auburn Message Board Investigation) went to when they pulled all of those facebook pictures off of the T-Town Menswear facebook page. He and Brooks then proceeded to stir up a crap storm, claiming that Alabama was in violation of NCAA rules and that the players were ineligible because the store owner had used them to promote his store.

    The University promptly killed the story by producing Cease & Desist correspondence that they had sent the owner months before the photos came to light.

    Next, he posted several other photos that he claimed were taken at a Birmingham mall kiosk displaying jerseys of current Alabama players for sale, claiming that this was also a violation. As it turns out, they were officially licensed products being sold legally by the Bama Fever Store in Tuscaloosa.

    That whole T-Town Menswear episode shattered what credibility Travis and Brooks had left.

    But they didn't stop there. Both eagerly posted pictures of vehicles being driven by Alabama players, all taken by Bunker BAMBI's who were stalking our guys to get the "evidence" that the bams was cheatin, Paul!

    Finebaum used to have both on his show from time to time but after all that went down, even he won't touch them any more.
    You forgot one key bit of information. Travis openly admitted to receiving the T-town Menswear pictures in his e-mail late one night when he returned to his Birmingham hotel room drunk. He made the post to his website and then got up the following morning for SEC Media Days.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

    Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

  4. #29
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GulfCoastTider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Mobile, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    7,102
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Ornery on TideFans.com

    Re: Info about Clay Travis

    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    You don't need credibility to get page views.

    I thought the mall story was the other way around - he thought they were being sold in Tuscaloosa but it turned out the floor pattern was recognized as being the Galleria.

    Either way, I do remember him burying his head in the sand when the mistake was pointed out.
    You may be right about which mall was which. The point still stands: He's willing to forego basic fact-checking just to pursue page views.
    “Lamar Thomas has got it, he's on his way down the sidelines... George Teague runs him down! He took the ball away!!! HE'S GOT THE BALL!!!"

    Thread deleted by SavannahDare
    Reason: Dude! Coach Saban would sooner die than tweet.

  5. #30
    BamaNation All-SEC Hoot30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,034
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

    Re: Info about Clay Travis

    ^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^

    I have an example of that from an "interview" on his radio show here in Nashville.

    I don't understand why the market here tunes in to the show he is on. I may be wrong, but it is the #1 sports show on the radio here in Nashville. About a year ago I was listening when his show had someone on from the Kentucky Sports Radio website.

    There was a war-of-words between Travis and the KSR guy over something Travis wrote on his website about how Calipari was the biggest cheater in college basketball. It is a fact that two of his Final Four appearances were removed from the NCAA record books due to rules violations. KSR guy's argument was that the NCAA did not levy any specific charges against Calipari, therefore Travis could not definitively prove that Calipari is a cheater. The debate about Calipari is not the point of sharing this, but what Travis said at the end of the "interview" with the KSR guy. Travis essentially said that it did not matter to him if anything he said on air or wrote on his website about anything was true or not, he was still going to get paid very well.
    Last edited by Hoot30; February 21st, 2013 at 12:30 PM.
    "If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them." - As Candidus in the Boston Gazette, January 20, 1772

  6. #31
    BamaNation All-American Catfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    3,364
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Info about Clay Travis

    Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    I know a lot of folks like it, but the Roundtable, for the most part, comes across as a bunch of overgrown teenagers to me. Clay Travis fits right in. "Club LT" . Gimme a break!
    The Round Table is the best show on Bham sports radio, IMHO. But, i pretty much agree with you on LT. He tries way too hard to be hip and clever. In 20 years, he'll be Tony Kurry.
    "...Defense shut 'em down! Offense make plays! Hey, let's go be champions, boys!"- Greg McElroy

  7. #32
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    15,158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Info about Clay Travis

    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    The Round Table is the best show on Bham sports radio, IMHO. But, i pretty much agree with you on LT. He tries way too hard to be hip and clever. In 20 years, he'll be Tony Kurry.
    Never forget why Lance is on the air: He can sell ice to an Eskimo.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

    -Bill Belichick

  8. #33
    BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    st pete, fl
    Posts
    14,779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Info about Clay Travis

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    you need to know nothing about him other than he's a Ut fan, and total jerk, I'd use other words but they aren't allowed on this board. he's a narcissist, wrote a book one time that he claims was "popular in England" but didnt sell in the states, so i imagine he had a really hot girlfriend when he was in high school but she lived in Canada. He owns his own website and resorts to the lowest of the low to attract readership. He lacks the basic journalism ethics that even a guy like Finebaum has. He's all the scum of strip mall lawyer combined with the lack of class of a shock jock, mixed in with the general loser tendencies of a vols fan.

    He has a weekly spot on the roundtable because Lance Taylor is his boyfriend. When they call him out on his crap, he always finds a way to crawfish out of it by splitting hairs, lying or just being the coward that he is. Otherwise it'd be nice to hear Dunaway or Brown make him pay for making accusations and writing articles after doing no fact checking what so ever, but since he will never admit that he was wrong then its a waist of local radio space.

    If you hear him coming on the radio anywhere change the station, you'll get nothing but lies and a headache.
    So, you're a fan of his.
    RIP Hub

  9. #34
    BamaNation First Team wishbonedays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hanceville, AL, USA
    Posts
    468
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Info about Clay Travis

    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    And it is still A MILLION TIMES better than any other sports radio in Birmingham.
    I agree...back in the day when LT had Ian Fitzsimmons with him, I felt like it was sort af an attempt to out-cool everyone. I enjoy the roundtable myself, because I think they don't try to be Clay Travis...who, the last time I check has yet to be wrong on any subject. Just ask him. The day that Clay Travis admits that he was wrong about something is the day that houndstooth becomes a necessary fashion accessory in Lee County.
    10
    35
    22 30
    "If I didn't think you could do it, I wouldn't ask you to try."
    Coach Paul Bryant, telling his players of the switch to the wishbone, Fall camp 1971.

  10. #35
    BamaNation All-American Catfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    3,364
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Info about Clay Travis

    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Never forget why Lance is on the air: He can sell ice to an Eskimo.
    Same as Kurry. It's hard to listen to either of them, though. I've never met Lance in person. Hopefully, he's a nicer guy in real life than Tony is.
    "...Defense shut 'em down! Offense make plays! Hey, let's go be champions, boys!"- Greg McElroy

  11. #36
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Info about Clay Travis

    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    And it is still A MILLION TIMES better than any other sports radio in Birmingham.
    Well, I suppose that that says something in and of itself, doesn`t it?

  12. #37
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    15,158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Info about Clay Travis

    Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Well, I suppose that that says something in and of itself, doesn`t it?
    I thoroughly enjoy the Roundtable because they don't resort to morning zoo radio tactics, and they'll quickly hang up on idiot callers who bring nothing to the discussion.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

    -Bill Belichick

  13. #38
    BamaNation First Team gman4tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    694
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

    Re: Info about Clay Travis

    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    I thoroughly enjoy the Roundtable because they don't resort to morning zoo radio tactics, and they'll quickly hang up on idiot callers who bring nothing to the discussion.
    Yep! Loved it just the other day when Dunnaway hung up on tammy trying to turn the show into the one that's off the air right now.

  14. #39
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Birmingham,Alabama
    Posts
    455
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

    Re: Info about Clay Travis

    Quote Originally Posted by RKel32 View Post
    He is the definition of a shock jock pot stirrer. Not a lot of substance to most of his articles and analysis, but he tries to make his name slamming Alabama and stirring up conspiracies. He is a Vandy grad and a Tennessee fan. I think the thought of most Bama fans at this point is that it's better to ignore him and not give clicks to his articles. He thrives off of the back and forth and trying to make himself seem more intelligent through bickering... clearly a sign of a lack of thereof.

    He's the same guy who asked Tebow about his virginity at media days if that gives you any indication of his sterling credentials.
    So, he is Paul Finebaum Jr.?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!