Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Info about Clay Travis

Manti Teo thinks Clay Travis is a sports journalist.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Info about Clay Travis

Quote Originally Posted by pop11011 View Post
    Manti Teo thinks Clay Travis is a sports journalist.
    Except manti's girlfriend is more of a man than Clay.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RollinTider1335 View Post
    Except manti's girlfriend is more of a man than Clay.
    Now that was. Good one! Maybe the mods take note, I feel for ya.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My only beef with the Round Table is when they try to be too cutesy and heavy on pop culture. I only listen when in the car, but hoped they'd make the show a little meatier whn they moved to the afternoon shift.

Has anyone heard the new midday show? They brought in two guys from Dallas, one is a Longhorn fan and the other is an Aggie fan. They don't have real exciting on air personalities from what I've heard so far.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    My only beef with the Round Table is when they try to be too cutesy and heavy on pop culture. I only listen when in the car, but hoped they'd make the show a little meatier whn they moved to the afternoon shift.

Has anyone heard the new midday show? They brought in two guys from Dallas, one is a Longhorn fan and the other is an Aggie fan. They don't have real exciting on air personalities from what I've heard so far.
    Those two are dangerously close to resembling morning zoo radio personalities. I'm rapidly losing interest.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Never forget why Lance is on the air: He can sell ice to an Eskimo.
    An eskimo that would buy ice is a fool... and that is probably LT's base demographic.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

An allegory about Clay Travis.

A group of terrorists speeds down a highway in an explosive-laden truck to hurl themselves headlong into a supermarket full of innocent civilians.

Clay Travis looks through the eyepiece of the TOW guided missile, places the reticle squarely on the terrorist truck and squeezes the trigger. The missile speeds toward the truck, correcting its trajectory to coincide with the position of the reticle on the target. Clay Travis then sets down the guidance unit, pops open a beer, and starts practicing his comedy routine "You might be a hillbilly" for amateur night at the Comedy Barn in Maryville. Meanwhile, the TOW missile heads toward its unsuspecting target, which the guidance system now inadvertently points toward, and then smashes head on into the supermarket.

Clay doesn't see the explosion because he is busy practicing his next line, "if you've ever sat in the hot tub with tennstud wearing only your coonskin cap, you might be..."

BOOM!!! The blast reverberates and shakes the ground. Clay looks up and sees the terrorist vehicle slam into the already smoldering and demolished supermarket and explode.

"You pay $45K for a missile and it can't hit a slow VW van? Oh, well. The supermarket looked like it was already burning when the terrorists exploded their bomb, so I guess it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Comedy Barn, here I come. Now where'd I put that beer."

Clay Travis might be intelligent. If so, he is wasting his potential. Apparently, being 15 again is his goal in life.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastTider View Post
    I didn't see in the thread where your question was answered.

Thank you!! Sounds like ClayTravis has really "endeared" himself to a lot of people.
    "Joe Biden....the intellect of the Democratic Party" --Clint Eastwood

BamaNation Third Team

Info about Clay Travis

The problem is that even talking negatively about this guy helps his fame. The best thing that we can all do is act like he doesn't exist.
    Last edited by RandallPoffo; February 22nd, 2013 at 06:44 PM.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Those two are dangerously close to resembling morning zoo radio personalities. I'm rapidly losing interest.
    I lost interest when I heard they were from Texas. WJOX is soon to be HISTORY once Finestein comes back on the air.......