Question: Info about Clay Travis

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Clay seems to believe that just because you have money, an education, and an opinion that you have class and character. He lacks in both of the latter and excels at being an elitist snob and consistently sounding ignorant.

I have never and most likely will never go to his site because I don't like supporting him. I hear him on the radio but don't like to listen because he feels like he has to have an opinion just to have one. It really has nothing to do with his comments about Bama.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
you need to know nothing about him other than he's a Ut fan, and total jerk, I'd use other words but they aren't allowed on this board. he's a narcissist, wrote a book one time that he claims was "popular in England" but didnt sell in the states, so i imagine he had a really hot girlfriend when he was in high school but she lived in Canada. He owns his own website and resorts to the lowest of the low to attract readership. He lacks the basic journalism ethics that even a guy like Finebaum has. He's all the scum of strip mall lawyer combined with the lack of class of a shock jock, mixed in with the general loser tendencies of a vols fan.

He has a weekly spot on the roundtable because Lance Taylor is his boyfriend. When they call him out on his crap, he always finds a way to crawfish out of it by splitting hairs, lying or just being the coward that he is. Otherwise it'd be nice to hear Dunaway or Brown make him pay for making accusations and writing articles after doing no fact checking what so ever, but since he will never admit that he was wrong then its a waist of local radio space.

If you hear him coming on the radio anywhere change the station, you'll get nothing but lies and a headache.
I know a lot of folks like it, but the Roundtable, for the most part, comes across as a bunch of overgrown teenagers to me. Clay Travis fits right in. "Club LT" . Gimme a break!

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I will go a step further. I think Clay is a very intelligent and smart person whose main goal in life is to get attention. He has done that very well. For his age, he is one of the most well-known sports talk show hosts in the Southeast.
He is intelligent, but not very wise.
The dude is only like 24-25 years old. That's the problem with youth experiencing so much success so soon. They never really know how to handle it and it shoots straight to their head.

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
Clay Travis is on a daily radio show here in Nashville. I sometimes listen to this show....last week he went nuts IMO and called all Bama fans dumb. His commentary got me pretty peeved and I thought about calling in but decided to let it go due to my belief he is an idiot and would only get my BP up for nothing. My question is this.....I remember his name on a thread in this forum a while back and that he had also riled up some folks on here....what was that all about??
I didn't see in the thread where your question was answered.

Travis is the gossip blogger that the BAMBI crowd (that's the Bureau of Auburn Message Board Investigation) went to when they pulled all of those facebook pictures off of the T-Town Menswear facebook page. He and Brooks then proceeded to stir up a crap storm, claiming that Alabama was in violation of NCAA rules and that the players were ineligible because the store owner had used them to promote his store.

The University promptly killed the story by producing Cease & Desist correspondence that they had sent the owner months before the photos came to light.

Next, he posted several other photos that he claimed were taken at a Birmingham mall kiosk displaying jerseys of current Alabama players for sale, claiming that this was also a violation. As it turns out, they were officially licensed products being sold legally by the Bama Fever Store in Tuscaloosa.

That whole T-Town Menswear episode shattered what credibility Travis and Brooks had left.

But they didn't stop there. Both eagerly posted pictures of vehicles being driven by Alabama players, all taken by Bunker BAMBI's who were stalking our guys to get the "evidence" that the bams was cheatin, Paul!

Finebaum used to have both on his show from time to time but after all that went down, even he won't touch them any more.

Travis is the gossip blogger that the BAMBI crowd (that's the Bureau of Auburn Message Board Investigation) went to when they pulled all of those facebook pictures off of the T-Town Menswear facebook page. He and Brooks then proceeded to stir up a crap storm, claiming that Alabama was in violation of NCAA rules and that the players were ineligible because the store owner had used them to promote his store.

The University promptly killed the story by producing Cease & Desist correspondence that they had sent the owner months before the photos came to light.

Next, he posted several other photos that he claimed were taken at a Birmingham mall kiosk displaying jerseys of current Alabama players for sale, claiming that this was also a violation. As it turns out, they were officially licensed products being sold legally by the Bama Fever Store in Tuscaloosa.

That whole T-Town Menswear episode shattered what credibility Travis and Brooks had left.

But they didn't stop there. Both eagerly posted pictures of vehicles being driven by Alabama players, all taken by Bunker BAMBI's who were stalking our guys to get the "evidence" that the bams was cheatin, Paul!

Finebaum used to have both on his show from time to time but after all that went down, even he won't touch them any more.
You don't need credibility to get page views.

I thought the mall story was the other way around - he thought they were being sold in Tuscaloosa but it turned out the floor pattern was recognized as being the Galleria.

Either way, I do remember him burying his head in the sand when the mistake was pointed out.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

You forgot one key bit of information. Travis openly admitted to receiving the T-town Menswear pictures in his e-mail late one night when he returned to his Birmingham hotel room drunk. He made the post to his website and then got up the following morning for SEC Media Days.

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
You don't need credibility to get page views.

I thought the mall story was the other way around - he thought they were being sold in Tuscaloosa but it turned out the floor pattern was recognized as being the Galleria.

Either way, I do remember him burying his head in the sand when the mistake was pointed out.
You may be right about which mall was which. The point still stands: He's willing to forego basic fact-checking just to pursue page views.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^

I have an example of that from an "interview" on his radio show here in Nashville.

I don't understand why the market here tunes in to the show he is on. I may be wrong, but it is the #1 sports show on the radio here in Nashville. About a year ago I was listening when his show had someone on from the Kentucky Sports Radio website.

There was a war-of-words between Travis and the KSR guy over something Travis wrote on his website about how Calipari was the biggest cheater in college basketball. It is a fact that two of his Final Four appearances were removed from the NCAA record books due to rules violations. KSR guy's argument was that the NCAA did not levy any specific charges against Calipari, therefore Travis could not definitively prove that Calipari is a cheater. The debate about Calipari is not the point of sharing this, but what Travis said at the end of the "interview" with the KSR guy. Travis essentially said that it did not matter to him if anything he said on air or wrote on his website about anything was true or not, he was still going to get paid very well.

Last edited:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I know a lot of folks like it, but the Roundtable, for the most part, comes across as a bunch of overgrown teenagers to me. Clay Travis fits right in. "Club LT" . Gimme a break!
The Round Table is the best show on Bham sports radio, IMHO. But, i pretty much agree with you on LT. He tries way too hard to be hip and clever. In 20 years, he'll be Tony Kurry.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
you need to know nothing about him other than he's a Ut fan, and total jerk, I'd use other words but they aren't allowed on this board. he's a narcissist, wrote a book one time that he claims was "popular in England" but didnt sell in the states, so i imagine he had a really hot girlfriend when he was in high school but she lived in Canada. He owns his own website and resorts to the lowest of the low to attract readership. He lacks the basic journalism ethics that even a guy like Finebaum has. He's all the scum of strip mall lawyer combined with the lack of class of a shock jock, mixed in with the general loser tendencies of a vols fan.

He has a weekly spot on the roundtable because Lance Taylor is his boyfriend. When they call him out on his crap, he always finds a way to crawfish out of it by splitting hairs, lying or just being the coward that he is. Otherwise it'd be nice to hear Dunaway or Brown make him pay for making accusations and writing articles after doing no fact checking what so ever, but since he will never admit that he was wrong then its a waist of local radio space.

If you hear him coming on the radio anywhere change the station, you'll get nothing but lies and a headache.
So, you're a fan of his.

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com
And it is still A MILLION TIMES better than any other sports radio in Birmingham.
I agree...back in the day when LT had Ian Fitzsimmons with him, I felt like it was sort ** an attempt to out-cool everyone. I enjoy the roundtable myself, because I think they don't try to be Clay Travis...who, the last time I check has yet to be wrong on any subject. Just ask him. The day that Clay Travis admits that he was wrong about something is the day that houndstooth becomes a necessary fashion accessory in Lee County.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
I thoroughly enjoy the Roundtable because they don't resort to morning zoo radio tactics, and they'll quickly hang up on idiot callers who bring nothing to the discussion.
Yep! Loved it just the other day when Dunnaway hung up on tammy trying to turn the show into the one that's off the air right now.

TheSabanator

Suspended
Oct 1, 2011
Birmingham,Alabama
He is the definition of a shock jock pot stirrer. Not a lot of substance to most of his articles and analysis, but he tries to make his name slamming Alabama and stirring up conspiracies. He is a Vandy grad and a Tennessee fan. I think the thought of most Bama fans at this point is that it's better to ignore him and not give clicks to his articles. He thrives off of the back and forth and trying to make himself seem more intelligent through bickering... clearly a sign of a lack of thereof.

He's the same guy who asked Tebow about his virginity at media days if that gives you any indication of his sterling credentials.
So, he is Paul Finebaum Jr.?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.