New Study Suggests Why Women Talk More Than Men

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Yakkity Yak Yak

Scientists have discovered that women possess higher levels of a "language protein" in their brains, which may explain why gals are so talkative.

According to ScienceWorldReport.com, research has shown that the average woman speaks up to 20,000 words in a day, about 13,000 more than the average man.

A new study by researchers at the University of Maryland School of Medicine and published in The Journal of Neuroscience shows that a protein called 'FOXP2' may be the cause of women's advantage over men.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Last edited:

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
So does this mean "Chatty Cathy" type men are heavy on this particular protein as well? I know some men who have to hear themselves talk/type or they get all sensitive and stuff.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I don't need science to tell me why broads flap their gums all the time. I'm pretty sure it was part of Man's punishment for that whole 'Garden of Eden' thing. Plus, they have feelings, and crap like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Yakkity Yak Yak

Scientists have discovered that women possess higher levels of a "language protein" in their brains, which may explain why gals are so talkative.

According to ScienceWorldReport.com, research has shown that the average woman speaks up to 20,000 words in a day, about 13,000 more than the average man.

A new study by researchers at the University of Maryland School of Medicine and published in The Journal of Neuroscience shows that a protein called 'FOXP2' may be the cause of women's advantage over men.

That gif was a nice touch..har..thanks VJ. :)

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Sounds to me like it takes the female 20,000 words to say what the male accomplishes in 7,000.

Makes sense. I've always believed men look at most everything in a either I can or cannot resolve this. Whereas women want to talk about why this can or cannot be resolved.

Probably need my wife to help me explain what I'm trying to say...:tongue: I'm outa words.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.