Havent posted in about three years or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpasticColon1

Dec 7, 2009
anything happen since then besides 3 NC's, 2 in gymnastics, 1 in softball, 1 in women's golf...Barn in distress, Tennersee changing coaches like underware, Did I miss anything????;)

SpasticColon1

Dec 7, 2009
glad you like the name thingie.......so what happened on here that LSU fans cant post anymore? Not that I want to read the thoughts of stinky Corndogs

MrRourke

Suspended
Jan 24, 2013
Is the term "Spastic" not insensitive?

Why not "CloggedColon, CrazyColon, Fulmer'sColon" as an ID?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Is the term "Spastic" not insensitive?

Why not "CloggedColon, CrazyColon, Fulmer'sColon" as an ID?
It's ancient terminology. The current term is "irritable bowel syndrome" or just "IBS." However, many cases are being found to be simple gluten intolerance or similar conditions. I was diagnosed with it over 50 years ago, but it's turned out that I simply am unable to digest gluten. That's no big surprise, since I'm almost a quarter Native American, and they had no gluten in their diets, not having wheat, barley or rye. In fact, wheat and similar grains have only been part of mankind's diet for around 10K years or so, so many Europeans are also gluten intolerant, not to mention nearly all Asians. In my case, many decades of trying to digest wheat products, plus years of taking NSAIDs, have led to a crippled colon - collagenous colitis, which means my colon is partially nonfunctional scar tissue. I first heard the words "spastic colon" 51 years ago. Nowadays, people are told that they have "IBS." It sounds better, but their problem is quite likely that they're just trying to eat something their GI tract can't digest. The term is obviously not a joke to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.