Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do Bama's boys go in draft?....prediction thread

Ok...it's time to get specific. Where do you see our boys going? Let's not just talk round or overall, but what drives your prediction?

B. Jones Round 2, pick 60 to Atlanta: We would love to seem him go earlier but most mocks have him going 2nd or 3rd round. His versatility and intellect get him in round 2.

Fluker Round 1, pick 20 to Chicago: Seems to be surging in recent days, especially since dropping 19 pounds to a svelte 339

Warmack Round 1, pick 10 to Titans: This guy is simply too good to pass up.

Lacy Round 1, pick 26 to Green Bay: Many mocks have him going in round two but if there is a RB taken in round one, it's our boy!

Millner... Round 1, pick 4 to Eagles: They need help bad and a shut down corner is the place to start.

J.Williams Round 3, pick 75 to Saints: I see him sliding a bit because of his projection as a NG as opposed to playing either NG and DT.

Lester Round 3, pick 83 to Minnesota: I have no idea where he might go...thought this is as good of a place as any

What about Nico, Square, or Dial?

What do you think?
    The best defense is a good defense!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Re: Where do Bama's boys go in draft?....prediction thread

Beyond picking a round, anything past the first 3-5 picks is a crapshoot. For that matter, picking a round is a crapshoot after the first 3 or 4.

Warmack goes early first round. Milliner and probably Fluker go first round as well.
    Lacy and Jesse Williams go second round.
    B. Jones could go second, but probably third.

Lester, M. Williams, and Nico will go anywhere from the third to fifth rounds, depending on how their combines go, how the teams grade players, and how Mars and Jupiter line up.

Dial and Square will probably go somewhere, but they are the kind of players that occasionally fool me by going undrafted and picking up FA contracts.

Shelley - undrafted, FA
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

If Jessie Williams somehow fell to the Falcons in any round, I would be stoked just to have someone....ANYONE!!!... who could help stop the run...

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think teams will be bargain hunting on Jones. They know he can play in the NFL but because he plays the violin and spells real good they will hope he falls to round 3 or 4. I know the guy "looks" nice but we are talking about a guy who shoved his own quarterback in a game. Got to be some fire there.
    BS 1989

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamaslammer View Post
    I think teams will be bargain hunting on Jones. They know he can play in the NFL but because he plays the violin and spells real good they will hope he falls to round 3 or 4. I know the guy "looks" nice but we are talking about a guy who shoved his own quarterback in a game. Got to be some fire there.
    Barrett isn't seen as a first rounder because he doesn't really have a defined position (ala Upshaw last year). If a team wants Barrett as a center, he really won't be a first rounder because that's not a first round position.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American TexasTideFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Barrett isn't seen as a first rounder because he doesn't really have a defined position (ala Upshaw last year). If a team wants Barrett as a center, he really won't be a first rounder because that's not a first round position.
    I think he goes 2nd maybe 3rd round. Fluker and Warmack are definately gone before him although Barrett has experience at all 3 line positions which will probably help him more than hurt him. I think his natural position is really LT though.

Being a Saints fan, we need Jesse Williams bad.

BamaNation First Team HomeBrew Tider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No chance Jesse Williams makes it to round 3. Falcons grab him at pick 30 if he's available. He probably wont be.

I also love the Falcons with Barrett Jones in round 2, but linebacker or tight end may be a bigger need at that stage.

I had previously thought Lacy would go round 1, but this year's free agent running back pool is deep and his injury record is not good.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonBeachBum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see the 49rs going for Lacy, that is, if he's still on the board that late. Gore is getting a bit long in the tooth. They still have James, Kendall Hunter and Dixon and could use another big bruising (and nifty) RB like EL. Wouldn't be a surprise if Green Bay took him first though.
    "You got any biscuits fer sale in-nare?" "Reckin what you like to eat in-nare?"

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Atl Joe View Post
    If Jessie Williams somehow fell to the Falcons in any round, I would be stoked just to have someone....ANYONE!!!... who could help stop the run...
    and it would be nicer to have someone that can cover a TE.
    Due to the current workload, the light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily turned off.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw one list that had Milliner, Lacy, and Warmack rated as the best at their position. A good site to look at is Walterfootball.

BamaNation Second Team Bama Bird's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we didn't have to use our linebackers to help stop the run b/c our Dline can't do it, it would really help in covering TEs

BamaNation All-American TexasTideFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBeachBum View Post
    I can see the 49rs going for Lacy
    I hope the Texans. They got a flippin Vol as the workhouse and a Barner as his backup who stays hurt most of the time. I know Lacy is probably just as injury prone but at least he went to the right school.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy on TideFans.com

Albert Breer from NFL Network said that every scout he's talked to thus far has Barrett going in the 3rd at the earliest. If he's there when New Orleans picks in the third, I would like to take a long look at him.

As for the order the boys go...

Milliner and Warmack are top 5-10 picks.
    Fluker goes early 2nd.
    Lacy goes in the 2nd somewhere.
    Barrett, Jesse, and Robert Lester go in the third.