Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Where do Bama's boys go in draft?....prediction thread

I've seen too many scouts say Fluker doesn't get out of the first to say he lasts to the second round.

Mike Mayock of the NFL Network thinks the Chiefs may take Warmack #1. He and Scott Pioli (former Chiefs GM) said Warmack is the best player.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Airborne Tider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hot on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I've seen too many scouts say Fluker doesn't get out of the first to say he lasts to the second round.

Mike Mayock of the NFL Network thinks the Chiefs may take Warmack #1. He and Scott Pioli (former Chiefs GM) said Warmack is the best player.
    A lot of scouts think Warmack is best player but his position doesn't warrant a #1 pick in most teams eyes. Just going in the top 10 is impressive.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
    U.S. Army Pathfinders
    "First In, Last Out"

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne Tider View Post
    A lot of scouts think Warmack is best player but his position doesn't warrant a #1 pick in most teams eyes. Just going in the top 10 is impressive.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
    Agreed. If the Chiefs really want O-Line help, the pick is Luke Joeckel.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The one thing I've learned about the N.F.L. draft is that no one really has any idea whatsoever where anyone is truly going to go.

That being said, the only pretty major consensus I've seen is Milliner going to Detroit who needs a corner desperately.

Even that means little.

Warmack is definitely first round but I've seen him forecast anywhere from five to 20.

Fluker, I have no clue. I've seen him projected as high as 11th and as low as late second.

Jesse is also a mystery but if he goes to the combine and breaks the all-time bench press record I think someone in round one will take him. The Saints are switching to a 3-4 defense and will immediately need a nose tackle, so if Jesse's available I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them take him.

Through no fault of his own I think Eddie's draft status get's hurt by him not going through the combine drills. The NFL teams probably had one major concern about Eddie and that's his injury history. Now, he can't attend the combine because he has another injury. That won't help him.
    I think if he could have attended the combine and run a 4.5-4.6 40 yard dash he would have been, with his size and moves, a lock first rounder.
    Now he probably will fall to the second round and maybe even early third.

Jones is going to be the surprise in my opinion. I honestly think some team will draft him in round one because they'll know they're getting a player who can play anywhere on the O-Line. With roster limitations and depth issues that's a huge factor for an NFL team.

Nico will probably go three or four.

The others in the late rounds or free agency.

Regardless, they at least have the opportunity and NFL teams don't discriminate. If they give you a chance and you prove you can play they'll play you. It doesn't matter if you're first round or the last player picked.

Wish them all the best.

sip

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

Jones is in a free fall right now because of injury worries. It's almost like the basketball players that stay in school. They make up some reason not to like them and go with "potential" instead.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

The NFL loves edge rushers, left tackles, shutdown corners, and QBs. The only one of those at Alabama this year is Milliner. I see him going very high.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do Bama's boys go in draft?....prediction thread

I think DM will go top 5. Chance is too good even at guard to last 15 picks. Also, Fluke is too much RT to survive the 1st RD with so many teams shopping for one. JEsse might sneak in but my guess is a team will wait and hope to pull an Upsaw like Balt. did last year. If he breaks the 225 reps record though he might not be there

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

Bamacon, teams are looking for a left tackle, not a right tackle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    Bamacon, teams are looking for a left tackle, not a right tackle.
    Except those with a left-handed QB...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

If Eddie slips past GB then ATL (in the 1st round) will gladly grab him up IMO. I heard today they were preparing to release Turner.
    ---------------------------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Robert Frost

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

As a saints fan i think Jesse is somone we whuld love... but we wont take him in the first (we need a pass rusher a whole lot more) and we wont trade up for him because we have a NT in bunkley already... if he falls to the 3rd he is ours though

if it was me i whould be looking to trade ino the 2nd round for him tbh...

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Bird View Post
    If we didn't have to use our linebackers to help stop the run b/c our Dline can't do it, it would really help in covering TEs
    Say what?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't look for Jesse to break the BP record. He believes he can but his agent does not want him to attempt it. Fear of injury that would hurt his draft. There have already been two OL that have pulled out of the combine because of injury in the BP workout.