Where do Bama's boys go in draft?....prediction thread

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
If Eddie slips past GB then ATL (in the 1st round) will gladly grab him up IMO. I heard today they were preparing to release Turner.

EnglishTideFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2012
As a saints fan i think Jesse is somone we whuld love... but we wont take him in the first (we need a pass rusher a whole lot more) and we wont trade up for him because we have a NT in bunkley already... if he falls to the 3rd he is ours though

if it was me i whould be looking to trade ino the 2nd round for him tbh...

BoroBama

1st Team
Jun 12, 2008
Don't look for Jesse to break the BP record. He believes he can but his agent does not want him to attempt it. Fear of injury that would hurt his draft. There have already been two OL that have pulled out of the combine because of injury in the BP workout.

cuddlemonkey

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 5, 2011
Mobile, AL
As a saints fan i think Jesse is somone we whuld love... but we wont take him in the first (we need a pass rusher a whole lot more) and we wont trade up for him because we have a NT in bunkley already... if he falls to the 3rd he is ours though

if it was me i whould be looking to trade ino the 2nd round for him tbh...
I agree with every part of this.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I prefer ranges to an absolute spot because after the first few picks it gets murky. I'll meet in the middle: a range and likely pick

Chance Warmack
Range: 1st round, pick 5-10 Likely pick: Arizona Cardinals

Warmack may be the best pure prospect at offensive line. The Cardinals OL is arguably worse than Alabama's 2012 college outfit. This is a strong and likely match for a team that needs some physicality.

Dee Milliner
Range: 1st round, pick 5-15 Likely pick: New York Jets, Tennessee Titans

Milliner isn't a slam dunk prospect at corner but he is the undeniable cream of the class. With Revis potentially on the outs with the Jets, they have to be considered. I think the Titans are the most likely pick but he could fall into the lap of many teams or even reached on a bit by the Lions at 5.

DJ Fluker
Range: 1st round, middle to later Likely pick: Indianapolis Colts

Questions about his foot speed keep him from being a top 10 pick but he is one of the strongest guys out there and an undeniable force in the run game. His tape at RT in pass pro this year will look better than many may expect. The Colts are in a transition back towards a true pro-set with balance and more line physicality will be key. Fluker is a good fit.

Eddie Lacy
Range: Late 1st to early 2nd Likely pick: Atlanta Falcons

After having injuries limit his resume building for most of his first two years with an active role, he posted two magnificent championship game performances to shoot into the first round projections. I think the additional injuries to keep him out of the combines will salt his chances of getting in the top 20 but Atlanta looms at the end of the first round with tailback needs. A great fit in my opinion.

Jesse Williams
Range: Late 1st to mid 2nd Likely pick: Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers

Williams has value limitations as a pure 3-4 nose tackle in the draft. Very specific teams will want him so it might been a fall into the middle of the second if he gets passed over for bigger needs by those specific teams. I think he ends up going off the board in the middle second to either the Steelers or Green Bay.

Barrett Jones
Range: Late 1st or 2nd round Likely pick: New England Patriots

I think Jones will be targeted as a guard by the Pats but his versatility is the huge selling point for the NE Pats franchise. He may seem like he is getting the shaft if he falls to the late second but if he's going to the Pats then he wouldn't complain.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I prefer ranges to an absolute spot because after the first few picks it gets murky. I'll meet in the middle: a range and likely pick

Chance Warmack
Range: 1st round, pick 5-10 Likely pick: Arizona Cardinals

If he somehow falls to #10, the Titans need not even waste their allotted 10 or 12 mins. Just go ahead and announce it

Dee Milliner
Range: 1st round, pick 5-15 Likely pick: New York Jets, Tennessee Titans

If the Titans take Milliner with their first pick, knowing that they need help at nearly ever position on both lines, it will be disappointing. However, it will not be shocking.

DJ Fluker
Range: 1st round, middle to later Likely pick: Indianapolis Colts

Again with the Titans, and their need at nearly every position on the lines

Eddie Lacy
Range: Late 1st to early 2nd Likely pick: Atlanta Falcons

Won't be a Titan unless he somehow falls to lower rounds

Jesse Williams
Range: Late 1st to mid 2nd Likely pick: Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers

Titans are bringing in Gregg Williams, but keeping Jerry Gray, unfortunately. Still, curious to see what direction the defense will go this year. Don't see it, but if he were available in the 2nd or 3rd....

Barrett Jones
Range: Late 1st or 2nd round Likely pick: New England Patriots

Coach Munch may prove to be a bad head coach, but he's a HOF O-lineman and would prolly love a kid like Barrett. Good, versatile, and classier than anyone who ever lived ;) But seriously, again with both lines needing help; and depending on who is available in rounds 2-4.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Except for teams who have said they are looking for a right tackle. BTW- Don't tell the Bears or Giants what you told me. :)
A right tackle is a left tackle that is not great. Are the Bears or Giants taking a right tackle in the first round?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
A right tackle is a left tackle that is not great. Are the Bears or Giants taking a right tackle in the first round?
You'd have to ask them. They both are in need of one. DJ has a lot of buzz and most don't think he'll make it out of the first Rd. it's a crap shoot though. Many thought Upshaw would go in rd 1 last year and I'd bet there are gms that are kicking themselves. One thing I will say, last years crop overall was STACKED with talent. This one is weaker through and through which is why I think these Bama guys will have a great 1st 2 rounds. Proud of em regardless of where they go.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
right tackles are usually a little bigger, stronger in the run game. They're usually on the play's strong side (TE side) and therefore get a lot of run plays their way.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I mean, I get the idea that a RT is often a LT that wasn't a wunderkind at pass protection. Still, a good NFL RT must be a solid pass protector against his competition. This isn't the old days, TEs are released into routes more often than not and there are more formation motions which might make the right tackle the weak-side of the play a good bit too. Right tackles tend to look more like Andre Smith or DJ Fluker than Cyrus K...thicker, more of a bruiser over a lean, long-armed guy. I wouldn't discount right tackles in pass protection though...a weak pass pro right tackle can sink an offense just as bad as a weak blind-side protector.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Funny enough, we've had 4 different LTs under Saban (not including emergency guys) and all of them but Cyrus K were either guard or right tackle prospects in the NFL.

Andre Smith was a dominator but I always doubted his ability to be a weak-side guy in the NFL. He handled rushers well during college but his few sacks almost always came in "known passing situations." That indicated to me that he relied a lot on offensive playcalling balance to allow him to mitigate a little bit of a lack of foot speed and arm length. He struggled early with some things but he's become a solid right tackle for the Bengals.

James Carpenter was another road grater who excelled in pass protection because of offensive balance. Didn't surprise me most saw him as a guard prospect.

Barrett Jones won the Outland at left tackle but he's probably seen as an OG or C in the NFL.

Cyrus Koundijio is the purest left tackle prospect we've had under Saban. He might not play any position but left tackle until late in his pro career.

DallasRTR

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2007
WE NEED OFFENSIVE LINEMEN IN DALLAS!!

I'll take Fluker, Warmack, Jones - we just need OL in Dallas!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.