Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Recruiting for the spread offense?

Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    I guess Cam and Tebow couldn't pick up that yard?
    Your exceptions are correct but BamaFlum's point about short yardage is valid.

2. Advertisement
    Suspended

Baylor is right there with Oregon in being spread happy. In the Holiday Bowl vs UCLA, Baylor passing 13 times and rushed 67 times for 306 yards. This just shows the offense can be about anything you want it to be.
    Should Alabama change the base offense? No way. But think of a defense facing three wide, then have Hart come in motion out of the backfield. No TE and still have Yeldon as a RB. Who are you going to cover? If the O line plays well, defenses don't stand a chance.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Recruiting for the spread offense?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    When y'all talk about how we just play "old fashioned football" you're partially off the mark. Now it's true that we run the ball and we run it well. I'm glad for this and I trust it will always be so under CNS. But our passing game under CJM and CDN is very, very similar to what Petrino ran at Arkansas - a version of the old single-back formation invented by Jack Elway, Dennis Erickson, Mike Price and John L Smith. We run an offense that is predicated on run first and foremost, but our passing game is very, very similar to what was run at Louisville and Arkansas. Indeed, the argument can be made that we exist on a different branch but the same tree as Kevin Sumlin at A&M.
    What? I don't follow???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation First Team scoretide's Avatar

We don't need change! Didn't stallings one time say if you listen to the fans YOU ONE DAY WILL BE SITTING WITH THEM !
    "saban has awoken a sleeping GIANT"

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scoretide View Post
    We don't need change! Didn't stallings one time say if you listen to the fans YOU ONE DAY WILL BE SITTING WITH THEM !
    Exactly..Bama Football has always been about having a strong D..That's backed up by having a strong running game..It's the perfect combination..Each other perfectly compliments the other..By winning the LOS on both sides of the ball..It wears the competition down as the game goes on..It's a combination that strikes fear in those we play when we're clicking on all cylinders..

The perfect example of that..Is when The Irish were watching our Players leaving the tunnel in the NC Game..The game was over then..They knew what was coming & there wasn't a dang they could do about it..That my friends..Is Crimson Tide Football..And has been our MO that' established us as the best Football Program college football has ever offered..No need in changing that now..

Last edited by TideMan09; February 24th, 2013 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    Exactly..Bama Football has always been about having a strong D that's backed up by having a strong running game..It's the perfect combination..Each other perfectly compliments the other..By winning the LOS on both sides of the ball..It wears the competition down as the game goes on..It's a combination that strikes fear in those we play when we're clicking on all cylinders..

The perfect example of that is when The Irish were watching our Players leaving the tunnel in the NC Game..The game was over then.They knew what was coming & there wasn't a dang they could do about it..That my friends..Is Crimson Tide Football..And has been our MO that' established us as the best Football Program college football has ever offered..No need in changing that now..

I love watching that clip and their dragging their butts out dispiritedly...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I love watching that clip and their dragging their butts out dispiritedly...
    Me too Earle..I've never figured out what The Irish players were chanting as our Boys went by..My translation..They're begging their coaches to forfeit the game..LOL..

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    Me too Earle..I've never figured out what The Irish players were chanting as our Boys went by..My translation..They're begging their coaches to forfeit the game..LOL..
    They didn't keep that chant up too long...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Nice video TideMan...booyah!!!

BamaNation Third Team

I haven't heard anything about Bama going to the spread.This is just a hypothetical question which occurred to me while watching an NFL show and one of their analysts talking about more NFL teams seemed to be going to the mobile QB. I don't see that it's chasing any rabbit.To me,one thing worrisome about this site is the flack you get if you don't adhere strictly to the"company line". Maybe a little freedom of thought is in order.You know, you can take the "don't rock the boat" policy to extremes.

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Our offense is as productive, if not significantly more productive, than it has ever been.

This past season, our offense was one of the most, if not the most, efficient scoring offenses in the country.

This past season, our offense was one of the most, if not the most, balanced offenses in the country.

Factoring in points per game, time of possession, scoring drive percentage, yards per play (overall, passing, and rushing), passing efficiency rating, and scoring efficiency (plays per 7 points) , our offense significantly out-performed every other offense in the country. Only Oregon, Baylor, Kansas State, and La Tech were even in the same zip code.

Why would any sane person want to change much of anything about our offense?

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you've earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.
    - Thomas Sowell

BamaNation First Team tidefan26's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Some famous coach once said, " The same thing(s) win, that always won... And we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose.

(he was modestly successful)

I think it applies here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by tidefan26; February 25th, 2013 at 11:06 AM.
    Sic semper tyrannis

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by tidefan26 View Post
    Some famous coach once said, " The same thing(s) win, that always won... And we just have a different bunch of excuses if we lose.

I think it applies here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    How does Coach Bryant's quote apply to a question about the difference in recruiting for a spread offense?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!