Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Mack Brown: Alabama 'Ahead of All of Us' in Preparing for NCAA Deregulation

Link

"Alabama is ahead of all of us with the number of personnel they've hired, and that's something that everybody's looking very closely at," Brown said in a press conference Thursday.

Brown said the Longhorns have posted a position for a director of player personnel that would oversee recruiting. Alabama hired former defensive coordinator Kevin Steele as its director of player personnel earlier this month, and also hired former Vigor High coach Kerry Stevenson as director of player development.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

Re: Mack Brown: Alabama 'Ahead of All of Us' in Preparing for NCAA Deregulation

With all their money, and LHN, they still need to whine, and make excuses.
    "Mama called."

So, we took her home.

3/8/26-8/20/13

BamaNation Second Team WalkaboutSean's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love that Saban quickly jumped to exploit the new rules.

The pedal remains pressed to metal.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cuda.1973 View Post
    With all their money, and LHN, they still need to whine, and make excuses.
    The full statement from Brown:

I can't blame Alabama for doing what they needed to do to be successful. And the thing you've got to look at if you're looking at college football is, can everybody do that and is that fair. And it's fair for Alabama because they have made it work for them, so I would not be critical of them at all. What I think, the patterns I see in my past in this job, is when there were strength coaches that were doing the same thing and everybody had ten strength coaches and they had everyone for that position. The NCAA realized it, and they cut them to five. I think what we'll see in a year is that the analyst/quality control positions will be cut to a certain number. I think that we will see that the positions that you have across the board will be cut. So you'll have nine assistant coaches and the head coach. Right now, we are restricted to four graduate assistants. There is no restriction on quality control. I think that you'll see a restriction coming. I'm sure that will be by the presidents and the athletic directors. I personally would elect to see the quality control guys be able to coach, because if they are coaches, it's hard to monitor who is and who is not, so let them coach, and I would like to see that. And then I think you'll see that they will have a number of 20 or less that can work with football. In general, I think you'll let them see all those guys recruit, but I don't think that we will have unlimited numbers this time next year.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

If Colt hadn't gotten hurt, UTw would have already hired a Director of Player Personnel
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Mack ought to worry more about Texas than us

BamaNation First Team dadleyblane5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by califbamafan View Post
    Amen Bro!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Mack Brown: Alabama 'Ahead of All of Us' in Preparing for NCAA Deregulation

Quote Originally Posted by califbamafan View Post
    I think he is worried. Very very worried...

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Volatile on TideFans.com

When you add the employees of the Longhorn Network as recruiting staff, I'll bet that the shorthorns exceed our personnel count substantially.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by IH8Orange View Post
    When you add the employees of the Longhorn Network as recruiting staff, I'll bet that the shorthorns exceed our personnel count substantially.
    An astute observation. If I remember the reason given for the LHN was $$$ but everyone knew it was supposed to be a recruiting tool.
    An atheist is a man who has no invisible means of support. John Buchan

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I really don't bear any ill toward TX for the LHN. I wish we had the same. Not just TX but most teams are trying to figure out what Bama is doing.

No short cuts, stick to basics/fundamentals, the right kind of kids recruited, and really smart coaching from preparation.

They are looking for that magic bullet but it really is a complex jigsaw puzzle & when one piece is missing it don't look right.

Most know I'm not a fan of the revenue sharing or the SEC as a whole, but it is what it is.

BamaNation All-American buzzincuzzin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The press release went out to everybody at the same time. Are we to believe CNS was the only one to act upon it making him that much smarter than the entire football coaching world? Maybe Mac is hoping to develop Obama-ball type coaching strategies for lazy coaches.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Please... this is hardly the only thing we lead the pack in ;p
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.