Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team GA Bamafan's Avatar

Re: Mack Brown: Alabama 'Ahead of All of Us' in Preparing for NCAA Deregulation

Just for some thinking on this subject lets look at a few things going on.

1. I saw where the Mountain West Conference is calling for a new head of the NCAA. I see different motives than those they are expressing.
    2. Butch Jones at UTenn is saying the new recruiting changes need to be reconsidered. He is saying this at a time when UT is short of cash and may not be able to stay in the arms race with UA, UF, LSU, among others. Did Hart tell him he does not have the money to hire a recruiting staff right now?
    3. The Miami enforcement issue is creating a great deal of angst about the leadership of the NCAA.
    4. There is continued pressure to compensate college players.
    5. The president (not Emmett the other one) can not regulate every thing else for enough satisfaction and he wants to regulate college football thru playoffs and helmet contact rules. I soon expect him to speak out on the leadership of the NCAA I expect Ms. Donna Shalalala has already made the call.
    6. Conferences continue to "realign" for bigger TV contracts.
    7. The Big<12 has delayed their request for a league playoff for a league with less than 12 teams.

I say a storm is brewing. I can't predict what type of storm it is but I can not see 100+ football teams in the same division much longer. The teams that make the super conferences will be the only survivors. Texas will be in the league with the big survivors. CMB may not be there but Texas will. Finally, hang on for the storm I believe it will be a big one.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buzzincuzzin View Post
    The press release went out to everybody at the same time. Are we to believe CNS was the only one to act upon it making him that much smarter than the entire football coaching world? Maybe Mac is hoping to develop Obama-ball type coaching strategies for lazy coaches.
    Even AuburnSports.com did a piece on how behind everyone is.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneGrad06 View Post
    Even AuburnSports.com did a piece on how behind everyone is.
    It just shows how pro-active Saban is and how non forward thinking most programs are. I expected it from the Barn

BamaNation Hall of Fame RJ YellowHammer's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Mack Brown: Alabama 'Ahead of All of Us' in Preparing for NCAA Deregulation

For once I agree with Mack Brown. Thanks to Nick Saban, Alabama is ahead of everyone.
    "This is not the end. This is the beginning." - Nick Saban, at the 2009 NC celebration at B-D.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ YellowHammer View Post
    For once I agree with Mack Brown. Thanks to Nick Saban, Alabama is ahead of everyone.
    Yeah, but he goes on to say that he thinks that the rules will be changed back...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Yeah, but he goes on to say that he thinks that the rules will be changed back...
    Even if they do, CNS has the extra recruiters for x number of months until they change their minds.

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It's been a little over 3 years since we beat them and they still haven't recovered/are crying and whining. Impressive indeed....maybe we need a "beat a dead cow" emoticon

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

In a related story, Mack Brown says Texas is going to the wishbone, playing without face masks, playing two ways, and freshmen in eligible. That way they can be ahead of everyone else when the NCZAA goes back to those old way. And if they don't, he'll have an excuse besides Colt got hurt.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    In a related story, Mack Brown says Texas is going to the wishbone, playing without face masks, playing two ways, and freshmen in eligible.
    No, no, silly, he's going to the up-tempo offense. Word is that he is planning a trip to Cookville to scout his brother's Tenn Tech team and the "fastest 60 minutes in football" concept. What a coach...

http://www.ttusports.com/sports/fball/coaches/index
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

It really doesn't matter if they do or don't..Whatever the rules are..Coach Saban will play by the rules & will still do a better job than Mack..What it boils down to..Coach Saban is simply the best at what he does..Mack needs to retire into the Texas sunset..He's a train wreck in motion right now..

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    It really doesn't matter if they do or don't..Whatever the rules are..Coach Saban will play by the rules & will still do a better job than Mack..What it boils down to..Coach Saban is simply the best at what he does..Mack needs to retire into the Texas sunset..He's a train wreck in motion right now..
    Be willing to bet he doesn't retire in TX. OTOH, a lot of our former coaches seem to prefer T-Town for retirement...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood

Be willing to bet he doesn't retire in TX. OTOH, a lot of our former coaches seem to prefer T-Town for retirement...
    I agree 100% with ya Earle..I have a feeling Mack will hang around Texas & just run it totally into the gutter much like Diddy Bowden did at FSU..I'm good with that..I actually hope that's how it ends up..It couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch..

My Mood

I was checking out TigerDroppings & saw this post from an LSWho fan that actually sums it up perfectly..

"No one works like Saban; Meyer tried to keep up and it put him in the hospital. Saban is literally a machine whose every waking thought is devoted to his Making his team better. Richt, Miles, Peterson etc. Try to balance coaching with their love for their families. Saban just never, ever stops working. Brown looks like a tired ol man next to Saban"..