Early NFL Combine Results

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Problem is that Jessie is not your average strength player. Dumb call by his agent if you ask me. Playing it safe could cost him millions. This was his opportunity to shine and get some momentum going into the draft. If he had some nagging injury, i understand. But if it was just a safety measure by his agent. Dumb IMO.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Problem is that Jessie is not your average strength player. Dumb call by his agent if you ask me. Playing it safe could cost him millions. This was his opportunity to shine and get some momentum going into the draft. If he had some nagging injury, i understand. But if it was just a safety measure by his agent. Dumb IMO.
I agree - one of the things most often mentioned when discussing Jesse Williams is his strength, and this was his only chance to show that off at the combines. Unless he is hurt, this was a mistake. When given a chance to distinguish yourself, take it.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Did I miss him or is Michael Williams not at the combine? He may never be a Kellen Winslow, but he has NFL TE written all over him.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Yup, especially after openly talking about his desire to break the NFL combine record...

Neos

Suspended
Nov 14, 2011
Looks like Jesse Williams did 30 reps on the bench.
For someone who said he wanted to do 60, only doing 30 is horrible. And if his agent really told him to not do as many as you can is extremely dumb and highly unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought defensive lineman did not go until tomorrow?
defensive lineman & linebackers Monday.
Linemen are on the field on Monday... they did the bench and other off the field tests today.

If Williams was still hurt, not attempting to break a record was the smart thing. He could have further injured himself. He'll still have a chance to do more than 30 at the pro-day.

Last edited:

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Linemen are on the field on Monday... they did the bench and other off the field tests today.

If Williams was still hurt, not attempting to break a record was the smart thing. He could have further injured himself. He'll still have a chance to do more than 30 at the pro-day.
I think you're right. Trent did his workouts at pro day

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
This is arguably the deepest TE class ever, so MW got overlooked. It happens sometimes, but he should be fine with a good pro-day..

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
I will keep trading championships for guys not competing at the combine but it stinks that most of our guys are never healthy for the combine. Over the last 4 years we have had more guys sit out than go through all the drills. Of course our players have also played the last game of the year while other guys were healing soon. Looks to be a trend that will continue as long as we are on top.

I will keep trading championships for guys not competing at the combine but it stinks that most of our guys are never healthy for the combine. Over the last 4 years we have had more guys sit out than go through all the drills. Of course our players have also played the last game of the year while other guys were healing soon. Looks to be a trend that will continue as long as we are on top.
Which is why all teams have pro-days after the Combine.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.