Early NFL Combine Results

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
he is 42 years old, about the same size as Matieu. Maybe 190, and he does 16 reps of 300 pounds every day in his daily workout. He is an old man, and not a World class athlete.
Cool, I am glad to know that a 42 year old dude is now considered to be an old man. I guess I can go ahead and apply to AARP since I am an ancient 41.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
The people coming out as against Te'o are getting the hater treatment as of right now, but they will be absolved in time.

FWIW, I think the kid is a quality player, and I don't really hold the BCSNCG against him -- our offense made some fine prospects who will play a long time in the NFL look downright silly last year in run defense, including Jenkins, Ogletree, Jones, etc. -- but you have to be realistic about his limitations. He doesn't play a money position in the NFL, he didn't really rush the passer in college or make plays behind the LOS in the run game, and he's not particularly athletic.

I figure he will end up as a solid player in the NFL and he will probably start a few years as an MLB, but based on the above he's not really an impact guy in any phase of the game, and it's questionable as to whether or not he could even be a three-down player. Again, that's fine, but as an organization you cannot afford to invest a first round draft pick on someone with those limitations. Someone who takes this kid in a middle round would probably be doing well, but the notion that some self-proclaimed pundits had that he was a top ten pick (or higher) were either uninformed or formerly members of the Ron Powlus bandwagon.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
The only reason we are even having the discussion of him being in the first round is he had 7 interceptions. Right place at the right time for him. He wasn't a tackle machine, you want one (Luke Kuechly), didn't pressure the QB, didn't do anything but make a few tackles against inferior opponents. CJ Moseley is a better LB in ever facet of the game.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
The only reason we are even having the discussion of him being in the first round is he had 7 interceptions. Right place at the right time for him. He wasn't a tackle machine, you want one (Luke Kuechly), didn't pressure the QB, didn't do anything but make a few tackles against inferior opponents. CJ Moseley is a better LB in ever facet of the game.
ON POINT!

Manti is a GOOD MLB. As a previous poster stated he'll play a few years but never be a game changer. The hype surrounduing him is a fabrication and novelty born of the Golden Domer Lore. He's good and all but Heisman worthy he's not. Would have never been there without the media hype both on and off the field.

RTR!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.